Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-11, 12:58 PM   #51
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twin Cities, US of A
Posts: 10,822
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
And what makes it even funnier -- ask any female and I bet 99% of them would say that they would rather NOT EVER RECEIVE a picture of a man's penis. Women's brains are not wired that way.
Which is why there is such a conspicuous lack of scandals resulting from women sending pictures of their vag to someone. Besides, imagine the thrashing a dude would receive for coming forward with that complaint.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 01:01 PM   #52
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dr Mabuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge...
Posts: 18,950
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
Anyone have a link to the CNN clip?

__________________

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing." - Charles Bukowski
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 05:20 PM   #53
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Land of the Lobstrosities
Posts: 10,299
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Link Weiner can't say for sure that it isn't his dick pic and he has hired a firm to do a "forensic examination of what happened". I wonder if it's the same firm OJ hired to help him find the real killers.

Re: The CNN video. Talk about awkward, the most surprising part was the reveal that the "jackass" in the video who kept interrupting Wiener was a CNN producer. I assumed he was a citizen journalist or at least from a different organization. Dana Bash said it was the second time Weiner came out to "answer" questions that day, so perhaps the producer already had an ass full of Weiner being non-responsive and Dana playing nice.
__________________
!TRIGGER WARNING!:This post may contain opinions which differ from your own.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 05:32 PM   #54
DVD Talk Hero
 
jfoobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 34,308
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

OK, here is what happened. Someone did prank him, quite likely someone he knows, perhaps a jilted staff member (staff...member...get it?). However, the picture is indeed of him. He doesn't want an investigation because he knows that will lead to the discovery of the fact that it is him (and possibly also of the facts surrounding the taking of that picture).
__________________
"One reads so as not to believe everything one reads." -- Aaron Haspel
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 05:44 PM   #55
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NYC-ish
Posts: 3,255
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

I just thank god his last name isn't Grundle or Banus.

I also rue the day Vice President Go*tse gets hacked.
__________________
"Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions." - Axl Rose
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 05:47 PM   #56
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: frass canyon
Posts: 16,249
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

whoever is telling him it's a good idea to talk to the media should be fired.
__________________
A paternalistic attitude that refuses to consider all citizens as responsible is anathema to the democratic ethos.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 05:54 PM   #57
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
JTH182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,432
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

I love this guy, but wouldn't you think a guy with the last name Weiner would be smarter than this?

I hope it's a hack, but I'm guessing it's not.
__________________
YouTube: JTH182
PSN: JohnnyH12
http://www.johnnyh12.com

God bless the Internet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 05:58 PM   #58
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Working for Gizmonic Institute
Posts: 10,430
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre View Post
I just thank god his last name isn't Grundle or Banus.

I also rue the day Vice President Go*tse gets hacked.
__________________
JasonF said it "crazyronin understands scripture better than all those Popes"
the mods around here are morons-wendersfan
PSN and Origin: boomanchu2
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 06:00 PM   #59
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Lower Gum Curve
Posts: 18,355
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
OK, here is what happened. Someone did prank him, quite likely someone he knows, perhaps a jilted staff member (staff...member...get it?). However, the picture is indeed of him. He doesn't want an investigation because he knows that will lead to the discovery of the fact that it is him (and possibly also of the facts surrounding the taking of that picture).
I think he's more afraid of saying it can't possibly be him because he's not that well endowed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 06:08 PM   #60
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 12,008
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

This is pretty compelling:

http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2011/...ion-but-i.html

The only reason I'm not sold completely is that Weiner has done everything to look like a liar short of wearing a sign that says so. It is very probably him, and as jfoobar said, another person posted it.
__________________
XBL Gamertag - Bosco32
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 06:28 PM   #61
DVD Talk Hero
 
Th0r S1mpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 36,411
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

He possibly has two twitter accounts and used the wrong one.
__________________
Too much bread, too little meat.
-Abob Teff
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 06:28 PM   #62
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,932
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dawg View Post
This is pretty compelling:

http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2011/...ion-but-i.html

The only reason I'm not sold completely is that Weiner has done everything to look like a liar short of wearing a sign that says so. It is very probably him, and as jfoobar said, another person posted it.
I saw that and it's pretty interesting. But the sender would have to know Rep Weiner's yfrog email. Apparently, yfrog emails aren't something basic like repweiner(at)yfrog.com. They add some randomization to the username.

So it would have to be someone that was trusted by Weiner. Or maybe Weiner accidentally gave out his yfrog address.

But like you said, this doesn't explain why Weiner is acting so guilty. It's not that hard. Say the photo isn't you and call the cops.
__________________
Speedy thing goes in. Speedy thing comes out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 06:30 PM   #63
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
JTH182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,432
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dawg View Post
This is pretty compelling:

http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2011/...ion-but-i.html

The only reason I'm not sold completely is that Weiner has done everything to look like a liar short of wearing a sign that says so. It is very probably him, and as jfoobar said, another person posted it.
Hmmm, interesting.

A lot of things don't add up here. I think I agree with you. The picture is probably Weiner, which is why he won't give a straight answer to that question, but he probably didn't post it (which he flat out says he did not).

No one would believe him if he said "Yes that's me, but I didn't post it."
__________________
YouTube: JTH182
PSN: JohnnyH12
http://www.johnnyh12.com

God bless the Internet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 06:38 PM   #64
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
DJLinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 8,542
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I think he's more afraid of saying it can't possibly be him because he's not that well endowed.
Last night's Daily Show:



On the one hand: too bad Jon Stewart pulled his punches because of his friendship with the Congressman. Normally, a story like this is the show's bread and butter (especially if the public servant has an R after his name) and would've had the lead spot.

On the other: Stewart on national television saying his friend's schlong isn't that big's gotta hurt.
__________________
"Food snobs believe that anything created in Europe is inherently superior to the American-made equivalent. Allow me to explode that fallacy with these words: the 1983 Renault Alliance." - Michael J. Nelson

Not that you care...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 07:43 PM   #65
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,932
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

__________________
Speedy thing goes in. Speedy thing comes out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 09:57 PM   #66
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Louisville
Posts: 7,595
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

From The Rachel Maddow show tonight (via HotAir):

Quote:
Update: Skip ahead to 4:35. This guy now seems to be saying that it could be a photo of him, but that it’s either taken “out of context” (cropped?) or possibly photoshopped to make it more embarrassing. Okay, I’ll play along. How many “innocent” photos of Congressman Anthony Weiner in his underwear are floating around and publicly accessible by nefarious photoshoppers or photo-croppers? If it hasn’t been ‘shopped but merely taken “out of context,” does that mean the bulge is authentic too? Stop me before I speculate again.

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 10:33 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 399
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Someone posted a pic on his account WHILE he himself was in his account and he didnt see it as a big deal? He just deleted the photo and continued tweeting like nothing had happen?

If while reading a thread on dvdtalk I see a post from my account which I know I didnt make I would be freaked out.

Its strange that the hacker posted 1 pic and went away.
__________________
NONE
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 10:33 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 399
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

__________________
NONE
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 05:43 AM   #69
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 5,023
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

This 'Weiner-gate' exposes the hypocrisy of liberals and conservatives in the media. Maddow and Jon Stewart went easy on Weiner as they are giving him the benefit of the doubt, while Hannity had the first half of his show last night discussing it like he smelled blood.

If this were a republican, then Maddow and Jon Stewart would have been burying this guy last night all through their shows, and Hannity would have given him the benefit of the doubt.

What a bunch of frauds in Washington.

And as for Weiner, he is just a liar because he can't say for certain if that image is his???? Can you say, GUILTY!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 06:06 AM   #70
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,932
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

__________________
Speedy thing goes in. Speedy thing comes out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 06:10 AM   #71
DVD Talk Hero
 
jfoobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 34,308
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabb View Post
This 'Weiner-gate' exposes the hypocrisy of liberals and conservatives in the media. Maddow and Jon Stewart went easy on Weiner as they are giving him the benefit of the doubt, while Hannity had the first half of his show last night discussing it like he smelled blood.

If this were a republican, then Maddow and Jon Stewart would have been burying this guy last night all through their shows, and Hannity would have given him the benefit of the doubt.
If he were a Republican who campaigned on "family values", "sanctity of marriage", or other "moral" issues like that, as so many of them do, he would be far more worthy of derision if "guilty" than your typical Democrat.

There are two things here that make it appropriate, IMHO, to take it easy on Weiner. One, the facts available simply don't support the logical conclusion (as in personally concluding) that he is in fact "guilty" and they never really did. This is not a Congressman Christopher Lee scenario where it is obviously him and obviously related to extra-marital activity. Two, Weiner is not a "family values" guy to the best of my knowledge.*

Personally, I assume that all members of Congress fool around and it doesn't bother me much unless they also act like self-appointed members of the morality police, which includes openly opposing gay marriage.


*Someone from New York who is more familiar with the issues on which he has campaigned in the past please correct me if I am wrong.
__________________
"One reads so as not to believe everything one reads." -- Aaron Haspel
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 06:31 AM   #72
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,932
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
Weiner is not a "family values" guy to the best of my knowledge.
You know who presided over Weiner's wedding? Bill Clinton. Seriously.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/poli...dding-20100710
__________________
Speedy thing goes in. Speedy thing comes out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 08:38 AM   #73
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Pleasantville - in black & white ;P
Posts: 5,970
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
You know who presided over Weiner's wedding? Bill Clinton. Seriously.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/poli...dding-20100710
The dude hasn't even been married a YEAR? What an ASS!
__________________
"Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom." Alexis de Tocqueville (1805-1859) French historian.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 08:38 AM   #74
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,610
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

[QUOTE=jfoobar;10798832]If he were a Republican who campaigned on "family values", "sanctity of marriage", or other "moral" issues like that, as so many of them do, he would be far more worthy of derision if "guilty" than your typical Democrat.



__________________
Holy Crap, the perspective makes it look like a cannon! - bfrank

I'll outlive all these skinny bastards whose assholes are so tight they can only crap neutronium. - Mrs. Danger
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 08:39 AM   #75
DVD Talk Hero
 
CRM114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 42,602
Re: Weiner Tweets His Junk

Why does he keep saying he can't say whether it's him or not? I can say with all certitude I have NEVER taken a picture of my private parts. It's real easy!
__________________

If its not love then its the bomb that will bring us together.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0