Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

View Poll Results: What % of self-identified Republicans are aware of Obamacare's conservative roots?
0 to 25% 43 78.18%
26 to 50% 2 3.64%
51 to 75% 0 0%
76 to 100% 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-11, 04:04 PM   #76
X
Administrator

Re: Health Care discussion continues - part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman2 View Post
On 2/16/11 I had open heart surgery (repair of an ascending aortic aneurysm & replacement of the aortic valve). I received the bill for the 6 day stay in the hospital - $107,800.00. This didn't include the surgeons bill or the anestheologists bill.

All contributions may be made to.................................

Is the unbelievable rise in health care ever going to stop?
I believe this obligates you to make only high quality posts from now on.
Old 03-05-11, 04:20 PM   #77
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
On 2/16/11 I had open heart surgery (repair of an ascending aortic aneurysm & replacement of the aortic valve). I received the bill for the 6 day stay in the hospital - $107,800.00. This didn't include the surgeons bill or the anestheologists bill.

Glad you're okay. Any post-surgery visions?

Quote:
No. Since politicians need the money to get elected/re-elected, not one of them even has the courage to bring the topic up, it will continue to rise for no reason. It's the biggest scam in the US. Amazing a fraud of that size goes on, and the plebeians who suffer because of it are kept docile and ignorant with propaganda.

I have to laugh at the thought of Obama 'reforming' health care. What a joke.

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing." - Charles Bukowski
Old 03-05-11, 04:23 PM   #78
DVD Talk God

No, but I thought I heard a couple of 'oinks' coming from my chest.
Old 03-05-11, 06:21 PM   #79
DVD Talk God

Quote:

Death panels will certainly help. No surgury for you....take the pain killer.

“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

― Carl Sagan
Old 03-06-11, 01:00 AM   #80
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Health care costs are high for a variety of reasons; too many professions and institutions are compensated at an extremely high level, and the hospitals bill those who can pay to cover the costs of the patients who can't pay - or decided not to buy health insurance. C., you're not paying their bill, are you? Medicare?

Anyway, I'm glad you're ok.
Old 03-06-11, 07:08 AM   #81
DVD Talk God

I do have abundant insurance - Medicare, Blue Cross-Blue Shield Retired Federal Worker - and I'm on my wife's insurance - she's employed by the State of OK.
Old 03-06-11, 09:58 AM   #82
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wow, dont forget the cost of deciding who is going to pay for it.

Anyway glad you're doing ok.
Old 03-06-11, 01:41 PM   #83
DVD Talk Legend

Good to hear your surgery went well cman.
Old 03-06-11, 02:35 PM   #84
DVD Talk Legend

Now you belong to the Bill Clinton zipper club*.

*As noted in a completely awkward moment by Larry King.
Old 03-07-11, 08:59 AM   #85
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
2nd person denied Ariz. transplant coverage dies
By PAUL DAVENPORT, Associated Press Paul Davenport, Associated Press – Wed Jan 5, 9:01 pm ET

PHOENIX – A second person denied transplant coverage by Arizona under a state budget cut has died, with this death "most likely" resulting from the coverage reduction, a hospital spokeswoman said Wednesday.

University Medical Center spokeswoman Jo Marie Gellerman said the patient died Dec. 28 at another medical facility after earlier being removed from UMC's list for a liver transplant needed because of hepatitis C.

Gellerman cited medical privacy requirements in declining to release any information about the patient.

Arizona reduced Medicaid coverage for transplants on Oct. 1 under cuts included to help close a shortfall in the state budget enacted last spring.

Officials at the Tucson, Ariz., hospital said the patient's death "most likely" resulted from Arizona's scaling back coverage for transplants, she said.

It's impossible to say with 100 percent certainty whether the patient would have died anyway, Gellerman said, "but we do know that his condition has gotten more severe since he was taken off the list."

The patient's worsening condition would have elevated his place on the list, she added.

A Phoenix-area man, Mark Price, died Nov. 28 of complications from preparation for a bone-marrow transplant that was to be privately funded. That funding was provided anonymously after The Associated Press and other media outlets reported that he was notified of two possible donors on Oct. 1, the same day the coverage was reduced.

The second person's death was reported by KOLD-TV in Tucson and the Arizona Guardian.

Democrats and other critics have slammed Republican Gov. Jan Brewer and the Republican-led Legislature for the transplant coverage reduction, and incoming Senate Minority Leader David Schapira called on them to restore the approximately $1.4 million of funding.

"Failure to restore this funding is a death sentence for people who have committed no crimes," he said.

Contacted for comment on the latest death, Brewer spokeswoman Paul Senseman said the governor's office didn't have confirmation that the person was enrolled in the state Medicaid program, the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System.

Brewer earlier Wednesday renewed her defense of the transplant coverage reduction but expressed a willingness to have it reviewed.

"It's something that probably needs to be discussed," Brewer said. "Eveybody is concerned about it, as I am. The bottom line is ... that was one of those areas that we could cut and we moved forward on that."

Brewer commented when asked by a reporter about a legislative committee chairman's intention to review the transplant cutbacks during a future budget hearing.

Brewer and Republican lawmakers want to drop approximately 250,000 people from AHCCCS enrollment because of the state's continuing budget troubles and the impending loss of federal stimulus funding that has propped up spending on the Medicaid program.

Arizona faces a projected $1.4 billion shortfall in its next state budget.

Brewer has said she will ask President Barack Obama's administration for a waiver permitting the enrollment reduction. The federal health care overhaul otherwise bars the enrollment reduction.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_transplant_coverage_death

I know how much Sarah Palin and other Republicans hate Death Panels, so I'll just stand over here in the corner and hold my breath waiting for them to get outraged over this. It shouldn't take long.
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
Old 03-07-11, 10:02 AM   #86
DVD Talk God

I'll wait for Obama to applaud just taking the pill and saving society the costs.
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

― Carl Sagan
Old 03-07-11, 08:16 PM   #87
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_transplant_coverage_death

I know how much Sarah Palin and other Republicans hate Death Panels, so I'll just stand over here in the corner and hold my breath waiting for them to get outraged over this. It shouldn't take long.
Do we have the medical opinion of a disinterested party, rather than the hospital that would have made money on a transplant?
Old 04-03-11, 01:13 PM   #88
Suspended

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-hospital.html

Former NHS director dies after operation is cancelled four times at her own hospital

31st March 2011

A former NHS director died after waiting for nine months for an operation - at her own hospital.

Margaret Hutchon, a former mayor, had been waiting since last June for a follow-up stomach operation at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford, Essex.

But her appointments to go under the knife were cancelled four times and she barely regained consciousness after finally having surgery.

Her devastated husband, Jim, is now demanding answers from Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust - the organisation where his wife had served as a non-executive member of the board of directors.

He said: 'I don't really know why she died. I did not get a reason from the hospital. We all want to know for closure. She got weaker and weaker as she waited and operations were put off.'

Mr Hutchon, of Great Baddow, Essex, said his wife, 72, had initially undergone major stomach surgery last June but the follow up procedures were repeatedly abandoned.

The former mayor remained at the hospital for months but her family feared she was becoming institutionalised and decided to bring her home until an operation was a certainty.

Mr Hutchon, 71, said: 'The case has been referred to the coroner because of the long time it has taken. In some ways, I would like the coroner to order a post mortem.'

The pensioner said his wife had been left very weak before her operation because she had been unable to take in nutrients.

'From July to October there was talk of another operation and then between November and December there were three or four postponements and she was becoming so institutionalised we decided to get her home until an operation was certain.

'It was a blessing because although neither of is could have guessed it - it gave us a last month together.

'Nevertheless, she was unable to take proper nourishment and went into the operation on the better side of a low state - she was very weak.'

Mrs Hutchon was well known and respected after serving in local government for the past 30 years and she became mayor of Chelmsford in 2006.

Mike Mackrory, a fellow Liberal Democrat councillor, said: We were all stunned to hear she had died after the operation. There were constant delays she had to endure before surgery.

'We were given the very sad news and as word spread it threw a pall over the civic dinner. Margaret was much loved and respected in this town.'

A spokesman for Broomfield Hospital said it could not comment on individual cases.
Old 04-03-11, 02:36 PM   #89
Suspended

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...XQC_story.html

Complex health-care law turns into payday for consultants

By Bara Vaida, Saturday, April 2, 7:00 PM

For months, said Washington health-care attorney Rene Quashie, his phone has been “ringing off the hook,” with hospital and doctor clients wanting advice on how to reorganize themselves to get new Medicare bonuses under the health-care law. Handling such questions, said Quashie, an associate with the firm Drinker Biddle & Reath, is sure to be “a growth area” for his firm.

And a lucrative one.

From Washington to California, the year-old health law, with its layers of complexity, is setting off a gold rush for high-priced lawyers and consultants. It’s “a full employment act for health-care consultants,” said Ian Morrison, a founding partner of Strategic Health Perspectives in Menlo Park, Calif.

Much of the activity — and the prospect of glitteringly high fees — is swirling around a widely discussed provision that encourages doctors, hospitals and insurers to team up in treating patients. Initially, these “accountable care organizations,” as envisioned in the law, will treat only Medicare patients, and will get bonuses for providing better care at lower cost. But if they work, ACOs will likely spread to private patients as well.

The ACO issue “has all the pieces that drive consulting,” said Morrison. “There are legal, information technology and cultural changes needed to make it work, so lawyers are happy as hell, IT people are happy as hell and so are the management consultants.”

Lobbyists, lawyers and consultants are holding frequent ACO conferences — and finding them oversubscribed. Some consultants are charging from $25,000 for a day of strategy sessions to $1 million to actually implement the strategy.

Gorman Health Group, a 150-person consultant firm based in Washington, charges $25,000 to $100,000 for an ACO strategy, which is usually done in conjunction with other work, said founder John Gorman, who was a Medicare official in the Clinton administration. Among the topics discussed: whether the health system has to make major cultural changes to become an ACO.

The Camden Group charges about $30,000 to $100,000 to advise health systems on how to get ready to become an ACO, said Steve Valentine, the firm’s president.

Meanwhile, Washington lawyer Randy Fenninger said his firm, Holland & Knight, is expanding its ACO practice in response to requests for advice from hospital and physician clients in Miami and Chicago.

The ACO frenzy is bound to increase. The Department of Health and Human Services on Thursday released a 429-page proposed ACO rule, and a final version is due by year-end. The first ACOs are scheduled to launch in January 2012.

“Every time there is a new programmatic initiative in D.C., there is a wave of new consulting opportunities,” said Jeff Goldsmith, president of the consulting firm Health Futures and associate professor of public health sciences at the University of Virginia. “But I have never seen anything quite like this in my 35 years in this business.”

Medicare pays physicians separately for individual services, which critics say leads to fragmented and excessive medical care. Under the proposed rule, ACOs that care for their patients at a lower than expected cost would reap bonuses from the money they saved Medicare. In some cases, those that had cost overruns would face penalties.

“ACOs are going to be part of the traditional Medicare program beginning in 2012, and if you are a hospital, you are seeing this and thinking money is going to go out of the system and its going to be taken out of your hide,” said Jay Cohen, executive chair of Monarch Healthcare, an independent physicians’ group in Irving, Calif. “So to preserve their interests and stay relevant, they are thinking they need to get control.”

Joan Mason of the Cleveland-based Gateway Group said many hospitals and doctors lack the necessary computer capabilities and other infrastructure to form ACOs soon. Last December, she said, a hospital wanted to hire her to create an ACO within six months. “I said ‘No, I can’t do it because you can’t go from zero to ACO.’ ” She said she’s planning a speech entitled “ACOs: Why Fools Rush In.”

Still, some say there are good policy reasons to move ahead with the new organizations. “ACOs are worth doing because we need to build systems of care,” said Steve Lieberman, a consultant and a fellow at the Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform at the Brookings Institution. “The system is fragmented, doctors are very unhappy and everyone wants to reduce the costs.”

The Engelberg Center provides about 100 health systems with access to its “Learning Network,” a collaborative between Brookings and the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice. The center has charged $2,500 or more to members to join, depending on the type of health system. The network produces conferences, newsletters, webinars and access to ACO experts, such as Engelberg Center Director Mark McClellan and Dartmouth Center for Population Health Director Elliott Fisher. Fisher and McClellan, who was Food and Drug Administration commissioner under President George W. Bush and also administrator for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, are longtime proponents of the ACO concept.

A consultant’s bill for putting an ACO into place can be high. Premier, a Charlotte nonprofit alliance of 2,400 hospitals and 70,000 health-care providers, created an ACO implementation collaborative to help hospitals take advantage of the Medicare law and changes occurring in the private market.

Premier charges a $150,000 annual membership fee for access to its team of implementation consultants, who specialize in care management, physician integration, contracting, payment systems and network development. Camden Group charges $200,000 to $500,000, while the Advisory Board may charge as much as $1 million to implement an ACO plan.

Even insurers are getting into the consulting business. Aetna, which has long experience in managing costs of care, has started creating partnerships with health systems and will charge them consulting fees.

“Given the complex combination of requirements [for ACOs], we can raise our hands pretty frequently” to offer solutions, said Lonny Reisman, Aetna’s chief medical officer.

One reason doctors and hospitals turn to ACO consultants is to sort out the blizzard of pitches they’re getting from technology and other companies selling wares that they contend will pave the way to becoming one of the new organizations.

“Dozens of companies are pitching us regularly” on technology products and databases that supposedly will make it easier to become an ACO, said Tripp Jennings, chief medical information officer of Palmetto Health Quality Collaborative, which was launched by a South Carolina hospital system to create an ACO. “It’s a cornucopia of products out there, and what is challenging is that each of these products has its own piece of the solution.”
Old 04-03-11, 04:23 PM   #90
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What is it, post articles with no comments day?

The UK article does not give us enough information to make any kind of judgments. Were her surgeries postponed because she was not fit enough to survive the procedure or for some other reason?

The second article is really much to do about nothing. Anytime there are changes like this organizations that don’t have the in-house resources to understand and implement the changes go outside to other resources.
Old 04-03-11, 05:48 PM   #91
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another 128 waivers issues last month

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch...-keeps-growing

Quote:
List of health reform waivers keeps growing
By Jason Millman - 04/02/11 09:27 AM ET

The number of waivers the Obama administration has awarded for a provision of the year-old healthcare reform law grew by 128 in March.

With the new waivers, that means 1,168 businesses, insurers, unions and other organizations have received one-year exemptions from a healthcare reform provision requiring at least $750,000 in annual benefits.

The administration says the temporary waivers are granted to help stabilize the insurance market until a fuller package of reforms takes effect in 2014, but the growing number of waivers have exposed the White House to heavy criticism from Republican opponents of the law.

“The fact that over 1,000 waivers have been granted is a tacit admission that the healthcare law is fundamentally flawed,” said Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.) last month. Upton is one of three House committee chairmen who has used new oversight powers to investigate the annual limit waivers.

Meanwhile, a group back by Karl Rove is suing the administration for detailed documentation of waiver requests, and conservatives have accused the administration of awarding waivers to allies who supported the healthcare overhaul.

The administration and Democratic lawmakers have rejected the Republican criticism, saying that the law provides Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius with the ability to offer waivers. But Republicans are now questioning whether the law explicity grants that power.

Democrats also deny the charges of favoritism, noting that a large number of businesses have received the exemptions and that unions have received a larger proportion of waiver denials.

The one-year waivers are typically granted to organizations that offer low-value insurance plans, known in the industry as “mini-med” plans. But Nobody knows what will happen to the health plans after the one-year waivers expire.

HHS must still bridge the gap until 2014, when the mini-med plans will supposedly be phased out because consumers will be able to shop for affordable and quality coverage on new state-run insurance exchanges. HHS said it is now examining waiversoptions for 2012 and 2013.

The new numbers were posted on an HHS website Friday night without an announcement from the department. The 128 waivers added in March track closely to the 126 HHS awarded in February.

The number of people covered by waivers grew about 300,000 over the past month to 2.93 million. HHS says the waivers represent less than 2 percent of the private insurance market.

Old 04-03-11, 06:18 PM   #92
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
What is it, post articles with no comments day?

The UK article does not give us enough information to make any kind of judgments. Were her surgeries postponed because she was not fit enough to survive the procedure or for some other reason?

The second article is really much to do about nothing. Anytime there are changes like this organizations that don’t have the in-house resources to understand and implement the changes go outside to other resources.

The UK health care system is very egalitarian - even the people in charge can't get the health care that they need.

The U.S. health care reform was largely written by lawyers, so it's not surprising that lawyers are some of its biggest beneficiaries.
Old 04-03-11, 06:20 PM   #93
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearFan View Post

I think these "temporary" waivers are going to be about as "temporary" as the "temporary" withholding tax that was implemented to pay for World War II.
Old 04-03-11, 07:52 PM   #94
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundle View Post
The UK health care system is very egalitarian - even the people in charge can't get the health care that they need.

The U.S. health care reform was largely written by lawyers, so it's not surprising that lawyers are some of its biggest beneficiaries.
Again the UK article does not go into any depth as to what was wrong with her and why the operations were delayed. Until you actually know something I would reframe from simply making assumptions that fit your agenda.

Concerning the US law, I guess this is going to come as a big surprise to you but most of our laws are written by lawyers. As I stated earlier it is no big surprise that organizations without the resources to correctly implement the changes are outsourcing for help. It happens every day in the business world.
Old 04-04-11, 02:21 AM   #95
DVD Talk God

Quote:
HHS must still bridge the gap until 2014, when the mini-med plans will supposedly be phased out because consumers will be able to shop for affordable and quality coverage on new state-run insurance exchanges.

I can't believe that anyone believes any of this.

― Carl Sagan
Old 04-04-11, 09:04 AM   #96
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearFan View Post

Has the administration given any answers for why they are granting all these waivers? Are they granting more than they expected? Less?

gamertag: IAMNOTwiththem
Old 04-04-11, 10:00 AM   #97
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
Has the administration given any answers for why they are granting all these waivers? Are they granting more than they expected? Less?
Quote:
The White House Blog
The Truth About Health Care Waivers
Posted by Stephanie Cutter on December 10, 2010 at 12:22 PM EDT

In recent days, there has been some confusion about the ability for businesses and insurance plans to receive blanket waivers from following the new consumer-focused rules of the road in the Affordable Care Act – the health reform law. As we continue to move forward with implementation, and work with the business community, insurance industry, state leaders, consumers and everyone else with a stake in improving our health care system, it is important that we set the record straight.

Here are the facts:

Today, over 165 million Americans get their health insurance through an employer—comprising nearly 70 percent of America’s insured population. Employers offer health insurance as a way to attract the best and brightest candidates in the work force. Employer-based insurance is the most common and efficient source of insurance coverage, which is why the Affordable Care Act takes steps to strengthen the employer-sponsored insurance market and make it easier and affordable for businesses to offer coverage to their workers.

However, not all coverage offered by employers is the same. Employers who hire full time middle to high income workers tend to offer more comprehensive plans that cover essential health benefits (hospital care, physician visits, preventive services, among others) and provide sufficient security against financial risk of illness and accidents for their employees. These employers offer more comprehensive coverage because workers are more likely to be able to pay their share of the premium. Workers at these firms are also more likely to work at the company for an extended period of time, making it good business sense for employers to invest in their workers’ long-term health since good health is linked to increased productivity. The law ensures this system continues, while helping to lower health care costs and providing financial support for employers who offer coverage to their retirees too young for Medicare through the Early Retiree Reinsurance Program.

Unfortunately, many workers don’t have this kind of quality coverage. Employers who hire lower wage, part time or seasonal workers are more likely to offer limited benefit plans. Retail or chain restaurant employers frequently offer limited benefit plans that contain less comprehensive coverage and annual dollar limits on how much workers can receive in health coverage. The premiums for these limited benefit policies (known as mini-meds) are significantly lower than for policies with comprehensive coverage and are more affordable for lower wage workers and their families. In exchange for the low premiums, these policies generally come with high deductibles and annual dollar caps as low as $2,000. In addition, in many cases, employees are paying the full cost of the insurance policy, with no help from their employer.

The good news is that mini-meds will be eliminated in 2014, thanks to provisions that phase out insurance companies’ use of annual limits between now and 2014. The “phase out” has already begun to kick in, and in 2014 when annual limits are completely eliminated, consumers be able to purchase health insurance in state-based Exchanges -- new competitive marketplaces – where consumers and small businesses can shop for private coverage and will have the market power similar to large employers.

The bad news is that today mini-meds are often the only affordable option for many low-wage workers because retail and chain restaurants rarely offer their workers options beyond these plans. And because mini-meds are built around annual limits, estimates from employers and insurers indicate that beginning the phase out of annual limits this year would cause mini-med premiums to rise by more than 200 percent, forcing employers to drop coverage and sending many low-wage workers to purchase insurance on the more expensive individual insurance market, where they would get an even worse deal than what they have today. The result would be a whole new population of uninsured Americans.

To ensure that we protect the coverage that these workers have today until better options are available for them in 2014, the law allows HHS, in extreme cases, to issue temporary waivers from the phase out of annual limits. There are some important facts to remember about these temporary waivers:

•The waivers only apply to one provision of the law – the provisions phasing out annual limits. Insurance companies and employers that receive waivers must comply with all other parts of the Affordable Care Act.

•The waivers last one year. Insurance companies must reapply for the waivers each year between now and 2014 when annual limits on coverage will be completely prohibited and individuals will have more affordable and better private insurance choices in the competitive Exchange markets.

•All employers and insurers that offer mini-med plans may apply for a waiver if they demonstrate that there will be large increases in premiums or a significant decrease in access to coverage without a waiver. You can read a list of employers and insurers that have received waivers here.

HHS also took an additional step to ensure these workers know more about mini-med policies and the limited coverage they may be buying. The Administration is requiring the issuers of limited benefit plans to notify consumers in plain language that their plan offers extremely limited benefits and direct them to www.HealthCare.gov, where they may be able to find better coverage options. The Administration has also restricted the sale of new mini-med policies, except under some limited circumstances. You can read more about this new announcement here.

We’re committed to implementing the Affordable Care Act quickly and carefully, and as we do, we’re building a bridge to 2014 when Americans will have access to affordable, quality health care options.

Stephanie Cutter is Assistant to the President for Special Projects
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/...h-care-waivers

Short version: Health care reform is going to require insurers to offer new plans for employers to offer to their lower-income employees. But those new plans aren't up and running yet, so there are lots of waivers now. The administration anticipates that over the next few years, those plans will be built out and the waivers will go away.
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
Old 04-04-11, 10:28 AM   #98
DVD Talk God

Quote:

Short version: Health care reform is going to require insurers to offer new plans for employers to offer to their lower-income employees. But those new plans aren't up and running yet, so there are lots of waivers now. The administration anticipates that over the next few years, those plans will be built out and the waivers will go away.
So they have released the qualifications of what it takes to get a waiver? They've complied with the FoI act for the documents on it?

I love when administrations use the "building a bridge" analogy. Next they will sell it to us.

― Carl Sagan
Old 04-04-11, 11:05 AM   #99
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Quote:

You should have put your shorted version before the article so I wouldn't have to have read it all

I do wonder if they are granting more than they expected (assuming they had a number in mind).

gamertag: IAMNOTwiththem
Old 04-08-11, 07:00 PM   #100
DVD Talk Legend

So I working in an area where there are none of the gyms I belong to. And I will be working here for a while.

I was talking to my health insurance company about an unrelated thing and said "thanks for helping me, now if you could help me find a cheap gym". Low and behold they have arrangements with many gyms across the country. I pay my health insurance company a smallish per month amount and it gives me access to gyms all across the country. Multiple companies large and small. There are at least 4 quality gyms in the area and now I have access to all of them. It is a sweet deal....

Home Theater Build