Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 11-18-06, 01:28 PM   #1
grundle
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Free Lunch Project (parody of Free State Project)

Heh heh heh.

http://www.freelunchproject.com/

Are you frustrated at the loss of a free-ride and sense of entitlement in America, while the growth of government involvement and distribution of wealth stalls? Do you want to live in communities where your right to three meals a day and universal healthcare are respected? Do you want people to be responsible for the needy by taking the earnings of those who worked hard for them and redistributing it? Are you looking for freedom without responsibility?

If you answered "yes" to these questions, then the Free Lunch Project has a solution for you.

What the Free Lunch Project is... The Free Lunch Project is an effort to recruit 20,000 dependence-loving people to move to Massachussetts or perhaps California, Venezuela, Illinois or Wisconsin. We are looking for progressive reformers, communitarian activists, and folks from all walks of life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists to provide jobs, and should punish those who interfere with the redistribution of wealth.

When you sign our Statement of Intent, you signal your semi-commitment to move to your chosen free lunch state, Massachussetts or California (or whatever state/country wins the final vote), within five years of obtaining 19,999 other people who kinda commit to move. The more signatures we get, the more secure people can be in their decision to possibly move, because they know that many other people will also be waffling enough to make a real difference! You don't have to wait until we have 20,000 signatures to move, of course, but that option is there just in case you change your mind.

What the Free Lunch Project probably is not... We don't think we're a political action organization. We are not tied to any political party or organization yet; we do not run candidates for election as far as we can tell, we do not financially support or endorse candidates (unless they're making sure our government programs get through), and we do not oppose or endorse legislation (unless it serves our interest to do so). All these things will be done by NGO's with which many Free Lunchers are involved.

There's no better place for dependence-loving Americans than Massachussetts or California ... Massachussetts and California are leading the polls in votes that took place recently. They seem to be winning based on having some of the highest state and local tax burden in the continental U.S., highest levels of dependence on federal spending in the U.S., incumbent legislatures where state house representatives have raised their salary consistently since 1889, some of the highest crime levels in the U.S., a decent economy with plenty of guaranteed jobs soon to be paying guaranteed living-wages, and a culture of complete dependence on government programs indicated by an inordinate amount of laws protecting you from yourself.

We know you're interested... Please sign the Statement of Intent now, participate in our message board, and sign up for our monthly e-mail newsletter. You should also like to help us advertise and promote our mission, please make a responsible and dutiful donation.

Your participation is completely voluntary (just like the Federal Income Tax). Sign up today!

Our finalists for the Free Lunch Project State are: *drum roll*

* Massachusetts
* California
* Wisconsin
* Illinois
* Cuba
* Vermont
* New Jersey
* DC
* New York
* Rhode Island
* Venezuela
Old 11-18-06, 07:07 PM   #2
movielib
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundle
Heh heh heh.

http://www.freelunchproject.com/

Our finalists for the Free Lunch Project State are: *drum roll*

* Massachusetts
* California
* Wisconsin
* Illinois
* Cuba
* Vermont
* New Jersey
* DC
* New York
* Rhode Island
* Venezuela
Great that we made the cut.

But I have to root for Massachusetts. Then when both dreams are realized New Hampshire and Massachusetts could have a war. Live Free or Die vs. Eat Out Our Substance. A War to End All Wars.
Old 11-18-06, 07:09 PM   #3
Red Dog
DVD Talk God

Sounds like an ideal place for c-man - as long as you cash your government hand-out checks at the track.
"A question for you. Would you rather Bucknell make the NCAA's once every 20 years or so and get ass raped by teams like Kansas in the first round or have them drop down a rung to a confernce where they can compete for a title?"
- Josh Hinkle
1st Round Final Scores: Bucknell 64 Kansas 63 | Bucknell 59 Arkansas 55
Old 11-18-06, 07:13 PM   #4
classicman2
DVD Talk God

Hey, I just bet on a 35-1 shot at Hollywood Park. I thought he could close. He finished last.
Old 11-19-06, 10:06 AM   #5
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

When we used to live in Wisconsin, people that lived in Illinois used to come once a month just to pick up their welfare checks. I believe Gov. Thompson put an end to that nonsense.

Hussein Massawi, the former leader of Hezbollah
Old 11-19-06, 04:11 PM   #6
grundle
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by movielib
Great that we made the cut.

But I have to root for Massachusetts. Then when both dreams are realized New Hampshire and Massachusetts could have a war. Live Free or Die vs. Eat Out Our Substance. A War to End All Wars.

The two states could have a "student exchange" type of program!
Old 11-19-06, 04:12 PM   #7
grundle
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhk
When we used to live in Wisconsin, people that lived in Illinois used to come once a month just to pick up their welfare checks. I believe Gov. Thompson put an end to that nonsense.
Wisconsin is the state that had the biggest success with welfare reform - a 90% reduction.