Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 04-23-06, 03:03 PM   #1
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

It's time for...another OBL tape! Wooo-whooo!

This is really getting pathetic. Yep, it's ANOTHER audiotape of OBL.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12446550/?GT1=7938

CAIRO, Egypt - Osama bin Laden issued ominous new threats in an audiotape broadcast Sunday, purportedly saying the West was at war with Islam and calling on his followers to go to Sudan to fight a proposed U.N. force.

In his first new message in three months, bin Laden said the West’s decision to cut off funds to the Palestinians because their Hamas leaders refuse to recognize Israel proved that the United States and Europe were conducting “a Zionist crusader war on Islam.”

“The blockade which the West is imposing on the government of Hamas proves that there is a Zionist crusader war on Islam,” said the speaker on the tape broadcast by the Al-Jazeera network.

“I say that this war is the joint responsibility of the people and the governments. While the war continues, the people renew their allegiance to their rulers and politicians and continue to send their sons to our countries to fight us.”

The voice on the tape sounded strong and resembled that on previous recordings attributed to bin Laden. There was no way to independently verify the authenticity of the tape, but a senior U.S. intelligence official tells NBC News that the voice on the tape appears to be that of bin Laden.

“The voice sounds like his,” said the official, who requested anonymity. “Technical analysis is still underway and its important to note that every tape, video or audio ascribed to bin Laden has turned out to be authentic."

Attacking Israel 'more politically correct'
Israeli government spokesman Raanan Gissin said bin Laden had decided to attack Israel to deflect growing Arab animosity toward al-Qaida.

“When he attacks Israel, this is something the Arab world can agree upon,” Gissin said. “He has been criticized for the destruction and carnage he’s causing the Muslim nation. He’s looking for another justification ... Criticizing Israel sounds more politically correct.”

Al-Qaida is believed to have no direct links to Hamas, which is an outgrowth of the Muslim Brotherhood, but they share an anti-Israel ideology that calls for the destruction of the Jewish state.

Recent media reports in the Middle East have said al-Qaida is building cells in Gaza, the West Bank, Lebanon and Sudan.

Israel indicts al-Qaida members
Israel has indicted two West Bank militants for al-Qaida membership and a Palestinian security official has acknowledged al-Qaida is “organizing cells and gathering supporters,” although Israeli officials say the inroads appear preliminary.

A Hamas spokesman said the militant group’s ideology is vastly different from al-Qaida’s but noted that international sanctions on the Palestinian government would naturally cause anger among some Muslims.

“It’s natural that this tension is going to create an impression that there is a Western-Israeli alliance working against the Palestinians,” Sami Abu Zuhri said, adding that Hamas is interested in having good relations with the West.

Bin Laden also addressed the conflict in Sudan, where he was based before being expelled under threats from the United States. He then moved to Afghanistan and is believed to be hiding out in the rugged mountains on the Pakistani side of their common border.

------------

Blah blah blah.

Personally, I want Elvis audiotapes to be released every few months. Now that, I could get excited about.

I think US Intel, as retarded as it is, know OBL is dead. However, it's playing into the US government's War On Terror, and they will use this farce as justification for the WoT. But it really is a shame when you have your own government using the desparations of a fringe AQ group (yes, I said fringe) to justify the Terrorist Fear Factor.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 04-23-06 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-23-06, 04:45 PM   #2
General Zod
DVD Talk Ruler

Ah, the dread pirate Bin Laden speaks again. The goal of Bin Laden and his band of merry men have always been to try and get all of Islam to rise up against the west and have the mother of all battles. The problem is, no support. Even Hamas is backing away from this rhetoric.
Old 04-23-06, 08:28 PM   #3
Myster X
Banned

pull my finger
Old 04-23-06, 08:48 PM   #4
Jason
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod
Ah, the dread pirate Bin Laden speaks again. The goal of Bin Laden and his band of merry men have always been to try and get all of Islam to rise up against the west and have the mother of all battles. The problem is, no support. Even Hamas is backing away from this rhetoric.
Yeah, if anybody's going to unite Islam to rise up against the west, it'll be bush.

Really, this guy (if it's even him) is not influencing anybody.
Old 04-23-06, 10:32 PM   #5
VinVega
Administrator

What happened to the last proclimation where we would see fire and brimstone exploding in the US? I guess he was just kidding with that one.

The CIA seems to think he's alive, so the question remains, why can't we capture/kill this fucker?
Old 04-23-06, 10:38 PM   #6
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Yeah, if anybody's going to unite Islam to rise up against the west, it'll be Bush.
So TRUE.

Old 04-23-06, 10:39 PM   #7
Bacon
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod
The problem is, no support. Even Hamas is backing away from this rhetoric.
Another reason this war is BS, if there's no support for OBL then why spend the time, money and lives hunting him down?
Old 04-23-06, 10:40 PM   #8
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinVega
The CIA seems to think he's alive, so the question remains, why can't we capture/kill this fucker?
I think DVD Talk Poliotters need to help Bush find Bin Laden.

Old 04-23-06, 10:45 PM   #9
Jason
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
What happened to the last proclimation where we would see fire and brimstone exploding in the US? I guess he was just kidding with that one.
Fire and brimstone? I think you're confusing him with Pat Robertson.
Old 04-23-06, 10:52 PM   #10
VinVega
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Fire and brimstone? I think you're confusing him with Pat Robertson.
Did you know he would back Bush in the 2008 election? It's true.
Old 04-24-06, 10:37 AM   #11
sracer
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:

"Seems" is the operative word. They're looking for OBL as vigorously as OJ is looking for Nicole's killer. And if you look back at President Bush's comments about OBL, you just might find that Bush changed his tune to "The WoT isn't about one man..." at about the time it is commonly believe that OBL was killed.
Old 04-24-06, 03:20 PM   #12
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

Seems like Zarqawi is out of the spotlight too. In fact, I think all the major terrorists are BEGGING the Bush Admin to hunt them down because it gives them more press and publicity.