Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 12-04-05, 11:43 PM   #1
Romyrick

Seperation of Church and State

http://zedwords.blogspot.com/
Old 12-05-05, 07:16 AM   #2
VinVega
Administrator

Quote:
"We spoke with some of the kids after the show in Fort Myers and they said that going into the program they thought that condoms did work, but your show convinced them that they didnít," says Bradley to Pattyn.

"Right. Well, thatís good because we believe that condoms arenít the answer," says Pattyn.
Well, condoms don't protect you...from SIN!
Old 12-05-05, 11:39 AM   #3
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

HOw is that the government establishing a religion? Do only Christians think that children shouldn't be having sex until marriage?
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baronís cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 12-05-05, 11:54 AM   #4
Josh-da-man
DVD Talk Legend

Children can get married?
"Two guys in a bathroom stall ó it feels like the most important place in the whole world in that moment. I've actually gone into bathroom stalls with friends since I quit, just so I still have a little bit of that bonding." - Lars Ulrich
Old 12-05-05, 12:01 PM   #5
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

you know what I meant.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baronís cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 12-05-05, 12:18 PM   #6
JasonF
DVD Talk Hero

I want to make the world a better place for our children, but not for our children's children, because I don't believe children should be having children.

Dave -- are there any secular organizations involved in the push for abstinence only education?
"JasonF can do no wrong!" -- Rockmjd23
Old 12-05-05, 12:49 PM   #7
Th0r S1mpson
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF
Dave -- are there any secular organizations involved in the push for abstinence only education?
http://www.worththewait.org/

http://savejace.info/
Old 12-05-05, 05:14 PM   #8
Duran
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I prefer http://technicalvirgin.com/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave
HOw is that the government establishing a religion? Do only Christians think that children shouldn't be having sex until marriage?
The original link isn't working for me, but if they're talking about the same stuff I've seen reported, the seminars are put on by religious groups and have a Christian slant. There is a alternative, secular version offered to appease First Amendment concerned, which I think is a load of crap. Government shouldn't be funding relgious groups, even if an alternative is offered.

Going from what was quoted, I'd be concerned that they twist the presentation to reach an end based on morals, not fact. I think that's dangerous.
Old 12-05-05, 05:41 PM   #9
adamblast
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran
Going from what was quoted, I'd be concerned that they twist the presentation to reach an end based on morals, not fact. I think that's dangerous.
Anything which purposely bad-mouths birth control to teens in an effort to promote abstenance "instead" is dangerous. Not to mention stupid, foolhardy and (probably) religiously biased.