Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 09-19-05, 11:16 PM   #1
MartinBlank
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One and only Cindy Sheehan thread

WOW....talk about your double standards!!

Watch the video.....

http://thepoliticalteen.net/2005/09/19/sheehanhillary/
Old 09-19-05, 11:18 PM   #2
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

I think they realize that they need to distance themselves from her because she is plain looney. Once she said that Bush needed to pull troops out of NO, she probably crossed the line for them.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baronís cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 09-19-05, 11:41 PM   #3
Myster X
Banned

D'uh?
Old 09-20-05, 12:35 AM   #4
Lemdog
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hypocrisy?
Old 09-20-05, 05:06 AM   #5
Giantrobo
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm just waitng for Sheehan to say something like, "...and Bush uses our troops to help Blacks and other poor in The South...I didn't ask for that."

Not only did Hurricane Katrina expose some tough social issues in America,it thankfully drowned out Cindy Sheehan's shrill looney tune voice.
Old 09-20-05, 07:05 AM   #6
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

I'm kind of interested why this one woman is pissing many of you off, and why she's irritating the Republicans in general.

I agree, she's a freak, but like, I don't worry about her. I tuned her dumbass out several weeks ago.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 09-20-05, 07:18 AM   #7
wendersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I'm kind of interested why this one woman is pissing many of you off, and why she's irritating the Republicans in general.
Thank you.

I can only assume that many of the Republican posters here assume she is typical of the rank and file Democrats around the country.
"You concentrate on the sad wanna be hooliganism and let us worry about the actual soccer." - rocketsauce (final score: Columbus 2-Chicago 1)
Old 09-20-05, 07:27 AM   #8
classicman2
DVD Talk God

It's sort of funny (well maybe not funny) that she was completely defended by a bunch of lefties on this forum and other places in the ridiculous things she said when she was attacking Bush. Now that she's re-directed her attack - they don't seem to think as much of her. I wonder why?
Old 09-20-05, 08:28 AM   #9
nemein

Quote:
Now that she's re-directed her attack - they don't seem to think as much of her. I wonder why?
Maybe because they have the capacity of rational thought. Very few people here have shown themselves to blindly follow a side no matter what it does. When someone/something does something you agree w/ you can defend that position. If they change their statements it's completely rational to expect the defenders may change their position as well.

"When you look really deep, we are all kind of shallow" -- unknown

My Countdown Counting down to: End of the countdown clock
2259 days 18 hours 30 minutes
Old 09-20-05, 08:34 AM   #10
Tracer Bullet
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemein
Maybe because they have the capacity of rational thought. Very few people here have shown themselves to blindly follow a side no matter what it does. When someone/something does something you agree w/ you can defend that position. If they change their statements it's completely rational to expect the defenders may change their position as well.

I tuned her out when she started saying her son wouldn't be dead if it weren't for Bush. Maybe that's true (and that's a big maybe), but Bush did not personally shoot her son in the head, nor did he force him to join the volunteer army.

I don't think she's a nut. I just think she's a grieving mother who has been co-opted by some slimeballs, feeding her grief and ego.
Old 09-20-05, 08:41 AM   #11
Goldblum
DVD Talk Limited Edition

She also said she would feel the same way if her son had died in Afghanistan during the end of 2001.

Movies by the MINUTE
Old 09-20-05, 09:04 AM   #12
General Zod
DVD Talk Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendersfan
I can only assume that many of the Republican posters here assume she is typical of the rank and file Democrats around the country.
I know two Democrats that believe everything she says. The people on here follow politics and are "plugged in" and know what's going on. I think a large percentage of Democrats (certainly not a majority) that aren't - hear Cindy's sound bytes on the news and say "Yeah, that Bush is a bastard!" and then go deposit their welfare checks. OK, just kidding about the welfare check thing

Of course, the same thing can be said for people that listen to Rush or something, but the difference is that even if you disagree with him there is no doubt that Rush knows what's going on, while Cindy appears completely clueless as to how the world works.
Old 09-20-05, 09:22 AM   #13
Tommy Ceez
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
If you recall from the other thread I have ompletly tuned this woman out, and had to ask for examples of what she has done/said...I just wonder how fuckin crazy she's gonna get when no one pays attention to her anymore...THAT would be a scene.
Old 09-20-05, 09:34 AM   #14
wmansir
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemdog
Hypocrisy?
I think the hypocrisy comes in when the Dem strategist said she supported Cindy initially and still thinks the President owes her another meeting, but Senator Clinton should not meet with her.
Old 09-20-05, 09:42 AM   #15
LiquidSky
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemein

At first I felt sorry for her (and still do because of her loss...and everyone else who has lost a loved one to this war). She has clearly gone off the deep end and has been influenced by FRINGE individuals.

There are FRINGE groups on BOTH political sides.
Old 09-20-05, 10:22 AM   #16
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei

I agree, she's a freak, but like, I don't worry about her. I tuned her dumbass out several weeks ago.
Because of the media attention she has gotten. It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if the media reminded people that this nut case that is demanding a face to face meeting with the president already got one, and described it positively.

But that doesn't get ratings.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baronís cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 09-20-05, 10:32 AM   #17
Th0r S1mpson
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe this is a fitting end to her 15 mins.
Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/20/she....ap/index.html

Anti-war mother's speech cut short
New York police: Group lacked loudspeaker permit

Tuesday, September 20, 2005; Posted: 11:02 a.m. EDT (15:02 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Police cut short a speech by anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan and arrested a rally organizer, saying he hadn't obtained a permit for use of a loudspeaker.

Sheehan, whose 26-day vigil near President Bush's Texas ranch sparked anti-war protests around the country, had nearly finished her speech Monday when police intervened.

Supporters ushered her away from the rally at Manhattan's Union Square park as onlookers yelled at police and chanted "Let her speak!"

Rally organizer Paul Zulkowitz was charged with unauthorized use of a sound device and disorderly conduct. He was given a court summons and released, said Detective Kevin Czartoryski.

Sheehan, whose son was killed in Iraq last year, is calling for the immediate return of troops from the region. Her 25-state tour is set to culminate Saturday with an anti-war march in the nation's capital.
Maybe not... maybe after the march. I wonder if she's lost some marchers over the course of her tour. I'm sure people will show up though, saying they are protesting the war, not necessarily supporting Sheehan. But then, there will be Sheehan supporters as well. Okay, I guess we have one more thread coming.

http://savejace.info/
Old 09-20-05, 10:42 AM   #18
cinten
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman2
It's sort of funny (well maybe not funny) that she was completely defended by a bunch of lefties on this forum and other places in the ridiculous things she said when she was attacking Bush. Now that she's re-directed her attack - they don't seem to think as much of her. I wonder why?
Her message changed, I supported her when she was protesting in Crawford. Her message is different now. I'll still defend her actions in crawford, but not her comments on NO.

In Crawford she wanted to meet with the president in order to vent the anger that hundreds of families are feeling personally and what millions of americans are thinking. Of course Bush cowardly refused to meet with her.

Funny how the righties think that if you support someone once on one point you will support them till the end of time, even if their message completly changes.
Old 09-20-05, 10:55 AM   #19
classicman2
DVD Talk God

At least have some intellectual honesty. You supported her when she was bashing Bush. Now that your ox is being gored, you're not so supportive.
Old 09-20-05, 10:56 AM   #20
Th0r S1mpson
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinten
Funny how the righties think that if you support someone once on one point you will support them till the end of time, even if their message completly changes.
You're pretty good at judging the "righties." This is why conversations never get anywhere around here. It's always "us and them," seldom a middle ground.

http://savejace.info/
Old 09-20-05, 10:57 AM   #21
mosquitobite
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinten

Who did you vote for again cinten?

And will you vote for Hillary Clinton if she runs in 2008?
Old 09-20-05, 10:58 AM   #22
SkullOrchard
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
In Crawford she wanted to meet with the president in order to vent the anger that hundreds of families are feeling personally and what millions of americans are thinking. Of course Bush cowardly refused to meet with her.
Please explain to me why President Bush is a coward for not meeting with this stark raving mad lunitic for a SECOND time?!? The President doesn't owe this unreasonable woman another moment of his time.
Old 09-20-05, 11:05 AM   #23
LiquidSky
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
You're pretty good at judging the "righties." This is why conversations never get anywhere around here. It's always "us and them," seldom a middle ground.

There are a number of posters on both sides who do this. Constantly posting articles from fringe sources to make the "other side" look bad, constant smart-ass and smug comments, etc.
Old 09-20-05, 11:05 AM   #24
cinten
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman2

At least have some intellectual honesty. You supported her when she was bashing Bush. Now that your ox is being gored, you're not so supportive.
Wow you didn't even read my post did you. I'll post it again a bit more simplified. I supported her during her protest in Crawford, because the President shields himself from anything negative. How many times do you think he has spoken to anyone who has a different view. Every person he interacts with is pro-bush. How many critics has he met with? Your President refuses to meet with critics.

Other people use the intellectual argument that "she is a bitch" but I guess that is ok.

Her message has changed, understand?
Old 09-20-05, 11:07 AM   #25
cinten
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Please explain to me why President Bush is a coward for not meeting with this stark raving mad lunitic for a SECOND time?!? The President doesn't owe this unreasonable woman another moment of his time.
Nice intellectual argument there, "stark raving mad lunitic".
Sponsored Links