Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Political Film

Political Film Discuss Documentary + Political Films

Old 04-04-12, 11:32 PM   #1
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

Loose Change 9/11

Another interesting documentary. Not sure if anyone else has seen this and what are your thoughts and retorts for the accusations in it.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 04-05-12, 03:11 PM   #2
Navinabob
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Loose Change 9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Another interesting documentary. Not sure if anyone else has seen this and what are your thoughts and retorts for the accusations in it.
Almost everything on it has been thoroughly debunked.

Here is a good resource. Loose Change tells a good story, unfortunately that story has to keep changing as more of more errors or lies are pointed out as evident by the many film edits and revisions that are out there.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...ture/911-myths

A better link that provides sources debunking just about every 9/11 conspiracy claim is here. They do a great job of showing the incorrect science and cherry-picked data. It's a longer read, but about as good as you are going to find.

http://www.skepdic.com/911conspiracy.html

In short... Bullshit.

"The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." --Carl Sagan
Old 04-06-12, 09:49 PM   #3
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

Interesting. I'll visit the sites you mentioned. Thanks.

Old 04-17-12, 11:57 PM   #4
statcat
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still baffled by stuff like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKbSMD0ZGY4
Old 04-20-12, 12:20 AM   #5
eXcentris
DVD Talk Legend

I thought this thread was a joke.

Yeah, Loose Change has been debunked ages ago. Furthermore, ask yourself why they are now on version 3 or 4 of that "documentary" and why it keeps getting shorter...
Old 04-20-12, 01:25 PM   #6
Navinabob
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post

Yeah, Loose Change has been debunked ages ago. Furthermore, ask yourself why they are now on version 3 or 4 of that "documentary" and why it keeps getting shorter...
We still got people who think the moon landing was a hoax (I'm lookin' at you Joe Rogan). We got all sorts of stupid in this country.

"The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." --Carl Sagan
Old 04-20-12, 01:27 PM   #7
Dan
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw one of the earliest versions of this film, and yeah... it was pretty shocking... until I looked a few things up and saw that all of their proclamations are baseless.
Old 04-21-12, 08:37 PM   #8
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post

I only saw v1.0.

Old 04-23-12, 04:14 PM   #9
Navinabob
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I only saw v1.0.
Or so you think... they do revisions without actually saying they made changes so you rarely know which version you saw, and they don't have to admit anything.

My favorite part was a voice-over talking about how it was mysterious that there was no plane wreckage at the scene while they show a "on-location" news shot with a reporter is standing beside plane wreckage. It was like a Saturday Night Live sketch... I hope they cut that part out eventually; it was embarrassing.

Old 04-23-12, 10:41 PM   #10
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

I really need to NOT watch conspiracy documentaries while I'm having a few drinks.

Old 04-24-12, 10:51 AM   #11
DeputyDave
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
I really need to NOT watch conspiracy documentaries while I'm having a few drinks.
It's OK, for years my grandmother had me convinced of the JFK conspiracy. She worked as a secretary during the 60's and 70's for a (supposedly) mobbed up business man in Vegas. The stories she would tell...
Old 05-02-12, 02:28 PM   #12
Mabuse
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I read something interesting the other day on Wikipedia. John Hill is an Irish conspiracy nut who made a video about the 2005 London bombing called 7/7 Ripple Effect.

Quote:
Hill was later arrested and was extradited to the United Kingdom on a charge of perverting the course of justice for sending DVDs of the film to the judge and jury foreman in a trial linked to the attacks, even though he had sent them in care of the court, and not directly to either judge or jury foreman. After spending 151 days on remand in Wandsworth prison, he was acquitted by a jury who were shown his film on 12 May 2011
It makes me proud to live in America where people have true freedom of speech, even if their ideas are looney conspiracy stupidity. Extraditing and holding this guy for 5 months for doing nothing but having outrageosly dumb ideas is frightening.
Old 05-02-12, 10:40 PM   #13
SkullOrchard
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My favorite 9/11 conspiracy theory is that absolutely no one died on 9/11. The WTC towers were empty and the planes were remote controlled. The bodies falling/jumping out of windows were mannequins/dummies. Everyone who claims to have lost a loved one is "in on the conspiracy".

Truthers are as nutty as a squirrel's turd.
Old 05-07-12, 01:03 AM   #14
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
It's OK, for years my grandmother had me convinced of the JFK conspiracy. She worked as a secretary during the 60's and 70's for a (supposedly) mobbed up business man in Vegas. The stories she would tell...
I remember watching a show hosted by Bill Bixby that convinced that Elvis was still alive.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 05-07-12, 12:28 PM   #15
Nausicaa
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
I read something interesting the other day on Wikipedia. John Hill is an Irish conspiracy nut who made a video about the 2005 London bombing called 7/7 Ripple Effect.

It makes me proud to live in America where people have true freedom of speech, even if their ideas are looney conspiracy stupidity. Extraditing and holding this guy for 5 months for doing nothing but having outrageosly dumb ideas is frightening.

This is always my response when Fred Phelps and his gang protest some soldier's funeral with deplorable signs. I hate them, but love what they indirectly represent.