DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 05-13-17, 09:13 PM   #1
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Question about credit card chargebacks

I bought a Lepin (KO LEGO) set from Aliexpress. When it arrived, the instructions were no included. So I open a dispute. When putting in a dispute, there really isn't any category for 'part not included' and it forces you to upload a photo as 'evidence'. How the hell do you prove you didn't get something short of videotaping every unboxing?

Well they ruled against me since I didn't show evidence. Again, proving I didn't get something??? And the seller is pretty much refusing to help.

So I was thinking of contacting the credit card and asking about a chargeback since item didn't come as described. Has anyone done this? How did it go?

On the side note, I found the instructions online for the LEGO version of the set so I can follow those to build the set. But now its the principal of I paid for something, I want it. Also I don't normally build LEGO sets near my computer so a physical instruction book is preferred.
Old 05-13-17, 10:08 PM   #2
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Question about credit card chargebacks

Not familiar with Aliexpress but why not contact them directly about the missing instructions?

My So-Called DVD Life (Profiler),A Fistful of Discs (DVDAf)
Old 05-13-17, 10:12 PM   #3
DVD Talk Legend

Seems like something you'd email Lego about. Not the reseller. Other than taking a big loss on the sale to satisfy the customer, there's not much they can do.
Old 05-13-17, 10:14 PM   #4
DVD Talk Legend

Oops. I just saw that Lepin is a "knockoff" of Lego. Email Lepin.

This really isn't the kind of thing you're supposed to do a chargeback on. Chargebacks are for fraud. This for customer dissatisfaction. If you buy a product at the store, and have a problem with it, you don't just do a chargeback and keep the product. You return it.

Your claim reminds me of my younger days, working at the movie theater. A couple came out and (with a straight face) told me that Fellowship of the Ring was a fraud because it ended without resolution. They really -fucking- demanded a refund. Being the movie guy (and non-confrontational pussy) I am, I deescalated the problem by apologizing for the terrible film, and recommending they email Wingnut Films and/or New-Line. Some people, man...

Last edited by Troy Stiffler; 05-13-17 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-13-17, 10:32 PM   #5
DVD Talk Legend

So, you bought a knockoff product and are upset that the knockoff product did not come with instructions. That is the seller's fault ... how?

Honestly, I'm amazed anything comes with instructions these days. I've bought things that just refer you to the website or a YouTube video.

I've never been a Lego guy or a Lepin guy, but shouldn't most of the fun be in figuring out how to build it on your own?

Lepin ... Sounds like Legos for lepers ... or werewolves.

Kurtie Dee gets Otter:Think about that: Since you're asking us, you know what you want to do is wrong.
Old 05-13-17, 10:44 PM   #6
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The seller didn't put the instructions in the box. Chinese sellers almost always don't send the item in the original box. They open it and put the contents in the mailer box. Too much empty space in the real box i guess.

Its not like i want something for free. I want the instructions i paid for. The set does come with instructions. I've seen them in YouTube reviews and all other lepin sets have them. Considering the set is 3000+ pieces. No way can i guess at building it with out them.
Old 05-14-17, 09:07 AM   #7
DVD Talk Legend

I agree this is not a case where a credit card charge back is the correct way to go about it.

Lesson learned buying direct from China, it has risks.

Either the seller or the knock off company owes you instructions, but good luck getting anyone to comply since they are outside the united states. If you value the instructions at $1 of the cost of them entire item, you can get some credit cards to do a partial charge back.