DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 05-12-17, 08:10 PM   #26
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Foods you used to love, but have cut back/cut out due to weight/health concerns

I don't have a sweet tooth, but last year I got a gout flareup for the first time in my life, so I've been severely cutting back on red meat. Which is a shame, a cheeseburger is just about my favorite thing to eat. I'm eating lots of chicken, pork, and turkey instead, and lots of salads.

Updated! My 2016 October Horror Movie Challenge compilation video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zMlgp-OTM&t
Old 05-12-17, 08:43 PM   #27
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Foods you used to love, but have cut back/cut out due to weight/health concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrown498 View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I used to have acid reflux several times a week...and then I decided to get my weight under control and lost over 1/4 of my body weight. After losing the first twenty pounds or so, I've had zero issues with reflux. I haven't taken an acid reducer in over six months now.
Good to hear that.

Wish I had that discipline. I'm starting to grow boobs.

PSN tag: spacemunky49
Old 05-12-17, 08:49 PM   #28
DVD Talk Legend

If you really want to diet - meal replacement powder, dude. It changes everything. I wrote about it once or twice in Dave's fitness thread.
Old 05-12-17, 08:55 PM   #29
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrown498 View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I used to have acid reflux several times a week...and then I decided to get my weight under control and lost over 1/4 of my body weight. After losing the first twenty pounds or so, I've had zero issues with reflux. I haven't taken an acid reducer in over six months now.
That happened to me too. I had it bad for 5 years. Acid reducers (Prilosec and chewables) were a weekly cost. Shame to waste all that money.

As I understand, the reflux can have something to do with water retention. I used to gulp down nearly a gallon of water a day, thinking that was healthy. But there's a point when your body can't cycle through the water fast enough. I've also read reports that say that reverse osmosis water can screw with your body pH and it's better to drink mineral water.

I *think* it was also causing a little chest and throat pressure (which left my head spinning, thinking I was experiencing heart or kidney problems).
Old 05-12-17, 10:04 PM   #30
DVD Talk Special Edition

My dinner tonight was a whole loaf of garlic bread and 6 peanut butter cookies with Reese's Pieces.
Old 05-12-17, 10:12 PM   #31
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
It should have been quite obvious that I was joking.

Quote:
My dinner tonight was a whole loaf of garlic bread and 6 peanut butter cookies with Reese's Pieces.
Old 05-12-17, 10:14 PM   #32
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
That sounds awesome. But if I ate like that, I'd weigh 600 pounds. I have to work hard at maintaining my piece-of-shit body.