DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 02-05-16, 06:16 PM   #126
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: The one and only legal cannabis thread

Looking for the cheapest legal weed? Head to Oregon, according to study.

Quote:
The Beaver State is home to the lowest average price of dispensary cannabis at $214 an ounce, according to an analysis by Perfect Price, a company that tracks the prices of a variety of goods including groceries, cleaning supplies and cannabis. The company looked at menu prices for cannabis flowers from about 6,000 dispensaries in six states with more than 200 dispensaries: Oregon, Colorado, Washington, Arizona, California and Michigan.
Old 02-06-16, 12:39 PM   #127
DVD Talk God

That has to be Oregon's medical prices. I bought at two different places in Oregon last month and one had (honestly the best weed I've ever smoked, but will never buy at this price again) stuff at $110 a quarter and they had stuff at $125 as well. Then the other place ended up being $100 a quarter. I can get potent, outdoor grown stuff for $140 an ounce in WA, and the stuff that competes well against Oregon's best is $250-$280 an ounce. What are you other people paying for legal medical or recreational stuff?
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-06-16, 01:24 PM   #128
Inane Thread Master

too much!!
Old 02-06-16, 09:27 PM   #129
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's usually ~$80-$100 for 1/4 by me in Southern California.

I've seen concentrate prices vary quite a bit, from $50-100 per gram. I've bought some stuff towards the higher end, so I'm not sure if the lower priced ones are any good.
Old 02-08-16, 11:22 AM   #130
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Usually $10-15 a gram for recreational MJ in King County, Wash., where everything costs a little bit more. I've scored some great deals on some great-tasting outdoor stuff this fall. One shop was selling $100 ounces at one point. Prices seem to be inching back up a bit as the supply from the outdoor harvest thins out, so there definitely is a little bit of seasonal fluctuation going on.
Old 02-08-16, 11:30 AM   #131
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Power View Post
It's usually ~$80-$100 for 1/4 by me in Southern California.

I've seen concentrate prices vary quite a bit, from $50-100 per gram. I've bought some stuff towards the higher end, so I'm not sure if the lower priced ones are any good.
Wow, that's seems high. Concentrate is $25-$30 a gram in Vancouver and about twice that most other places.
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-08-16, 02:53 PM   #132
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So I'm going to be in Portland for a conference in a month or so. This is my first time visiting a "legal" state. Anyone know of the best shops to check out? I visited Amsterdam back in like 2007 but I'm pretty excited to buy legally on American soil.
Old 02-08-16, 03:16 PM   #133
DVD Talk God

Panacea is one of the absolute best you will find in Portland. If you are only getting a little for the trip, you can go there, or there are even a few places close to the airport. If you are driving, I'd still recommend heading across the river to Vancouver and Main St. Marijuana.

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-08-16, 05:33 PM   #134
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
So I'm going to be in Portland for a conference in a month or so. This is my first time visiting a "legal" state. Anyone know of the best shops to check out? I visited Amsterdam back in like 2007 but I'm pretty excited to buy legally on American soil.
I'm fond of Puddletown Organics located in the same strip as the sketchiest 7-11 in town.
Old 02-09-16, 10:48 AM   #135

Thanks guys, I'll try to check them out. I won't have a car, but I could cab it I suppose? Anything closer to the downtown area?
Old 02-09-16, 11:23 AM   #136
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can anyone recommend a decent "thin" vape pen? I have a thicker one with button on it, but i like having the thin buttonless one for when I go out to the bar. I have been using a flavrx one (like this):

But the damn thing actually broke 2 of my oil cartridges. I can buy a generic one off ebay for $6, but then I see brand names ones going for up to $99! Not sure where the sweet spot is on these things. Is the $6 one good enough? Did I just have bad luck with my Flavrx one? Or do you really need to spend some money to get a good one?
Old 02-09-16, 01:25 PM   #137
DVD Talk God

I use a spinner II. They have different sizes and I use the bigger one. Lasts for days but it does have a button. They seem to cost around $10 or so on Ebay. The knockoffs are a 50/50 proposition, but the Spinner name seems decent. I did have some without the button but they killed a few cartridges so I stick with Spinner.

I assume that you are reclaiming anything from a broken cartridge, right? If not, let me know and I can walk you through it easy.

Nausicaa - post again when the time gets near. I may be in the area and if I am, I'll get you some stuff and bring it to you. What state are you from?

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-09-16, 01:34 PM   #138
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I got a syringe and rescued all the oil I could. Are these things built to be swapped out all the time? Or is the assumption that once you put a cartridge on, you leave it on until it is gone?
Old 02-10-16, 11:06 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
r
Nausicaa - post again when the time gets near. I may be in the area and if I am, I'll get you some stuff and bring it to you. What state are you from?
Will do, it will be second week of April. Thanks for the offer. I'm flying in from Illinois.
Old 02-10-16, 12:06 PM   #140
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
Here's an article about how marijuana use might negatively affect your memory:

http://www.livescience.com/53550-mar...al-memory.html
well fuck me

"we get paid for butt time" - mosquitobite

"It felt much more comfortable when I was trying them on. No sharp edge poking my skin." - Buford T. Pusser
Old 02-10-16, 12:21 PM   #141
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
Yeah, I got a syringe and rescued all the oil I could. Are these things built to be swapped out all the time? Or is the assumption that once you put a cartridge on, you leave it on until it is gone?
Good deal. I swap them fairly often, so I'd suspect a bad batch or something.

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-10-16, 08:14 PM   #142
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
well fuck me
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
I wholly endorse having sex with midgets for 1 simple reason: it makes my dick look bigger.
Old 02-13-16, 12:42 PM   #143
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Any recommendations for Denver dispensaries?
Old 02-13-16, 08:14 PM   #144
DVD Talk God

Check out Leafly.com, They have good reviews

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-13-16, 08:59 PM   #145
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post

I assume that you are reclaiming anything from a broken cartridge, right? If not, let me know and I can walk you through it easy.
tips please.
Old 02-13-16, 09:00 PM   #146
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
Thanks guys, I'll try to check them out. I won't have a car, but I could cab it I suppose? Anything closer to the downtown area?
Oregon's finest is great in the Downtown area,
Old 02-19-16, 11:15 PM   #147
DVD Talk Legend

kvrstoner, I checked out Panacea today at your recommendation. Great shop, the bud tender was very friendly and helpful, and I picked up some top notch flower. Thanks!
Old 02-24-16, 01:59 PM   #148
DVD Talk God

Awesome! Incredible weed. Make sure you check out MainStreet MJ in Vancouver for great prices on shatter. They had 90%+ THC and were $24 a gram. Unfuckingbelievable. That's cheaper than the street was a year ago, supposedly.

On reclaiming from broken cartridges, usually you just remove the mouthpiece (it kinds of just pops off) and then there is a little rubber thing that goes between the cartridge and the mouthpiece. Remove it and you can get a needle down into the the cartridge and extract whatever is left. Then take it to a cartridge you know works, repeat, and inject the concentrate into the good one.

I noticed it is about noon, and I don't want to work more today, so I'm going home and getting baked the rest of the day.

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-24-16, 04:48 PM   #149
DVD Talk God

Best decision ever! Got to try lots of new things and in incredible quantities.

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-25-16, 10:24 AM   #150
DVD Talk God

Vermont votes to legalize

And now for something stupider than I could imagine.

Quote:
Opponents said Vermont should not be legalizing another drug at a time when the state, like many others, is fighting a surge in opiate abuse.
Bringing in cannabis will actually fight the surge in opiate abuse. Opiate abuse is generally by prescription. And it has already been shown that states with medical marijuana have seen about a 25% reduction in prescription painkiller deaths.

Fucking morons. As though the answer is to continually put people in jail where we can't keep the opiates out either. Fucking brilliant.

― Carl Sagan