Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 01-07-16, 06:27 PM   #51
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: The one and only legal cannabis thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
We gave up on my Pax. I dunno, maybe we were packing it too dense, or not enough? Seems like we just weren't getting good hits off it.
The Pax does have some quirks, and supposedly the new model alleviates some of them. The key for me is to do a very fine grind, tamp it tight (but not too tight) and stir the chamber about halfway through the bowl. While somewhat of a hassle, I found that regular cleaning is essential for good hits and to avoid the mouthpiece from sticking close, which is very annoying.
Old 01-07-16, 06:32 PM   #52
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyryno View Post
The Pax does have some quirks, and supposedly the new model alleviates some of them. The key for me is to do a very fine grind, tamp it tight (but not too tight) and stir the chamber about halfway through the bowl. While somewhat of a hassle, I found that regular cleaning is essential for good hits and to avoid the mouthpiece from sticking close, which is very annoying.
The new one needs very little maintenance compared to old and no mouthpiece to get stuck...
Old 01-07-16, 10:24 PM   #53
DVD Talk God

Quote:
I don't. Sounds like that guy does all the work now.

"Dave's not here, man."
It's pretty cake for him. I provided a new car, a house (not a slum), all utilities, and even though we show him working 30 hours a week, today we went down to Eugene and bought weed. Tomorrow he's going to have to take me to Vancouver to buy weed. And since he won't buy all he is allowed to, he can be my mule. I think I said I hired a friend.
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-07-16, 10:26 PM   #54
DVD Talk God

I used a PAX for a long time. Main thing was keeping it lubed and cleaned. Now, if I vape, I use the DaVinci Ascent. And yes, because it looks like a star trek communicator.
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-07-16, 10:51 PM   #55
DVD Talk Legend

Clean and lube, not just for dicks anymore. I clean my Pax not nearly often enough, but when I do I'm very happy with it.

I will say though, that the days when the Pax is dead and I end up having a bowl, that hits me a lot harder than expected. But, I can easily get 3-4 people nicely high on the same amount of weed in my Pax compared to a bowl.
Old 01-07-16, 10:54 PM   #56
DVD Talk Legend

I definitely want to be dave's business partner.

"we get paid for butt time" - mosquitobite

"It felt much more comfortable when I was trying them on. No sharp edge poking my skin." - Buford T. Pusser
Old 01-08-16, 10:54 AM   #57
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Used the Mighty last night and it was really excellent. I've read reports of some people having durability issues with it, so we'll see how it holds up.
Old 01-08-16, 11:08 AM   #58
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
It's pretty cake for him. I provided a new car, a house (not a slum)
But is the surrounding area a slum?
Old 01-08-16, 03:28 PM   #59
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
I want to be Dave's business partner.

Quote:
I don't. Sounds like that guy does all the work now.

"Dave's not here, man."

I think it is great for those states that you can get it. Fuck I live in a state where I can't even buy off-sale on a Sunday. That is fucked up unless it is 3.2% ( I won't drink that shit).
Old 01-08-16, 04:02 PM   #60
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn. You cant even get yourself a Zima
Old 01-08-16, 10:10 PM   #61
DVD Talk Legend

Picked up a couple of new strains to me today on the way home from work. A gram of OG Dawgwalker and a gram of Purps. Looking forward to when the kid goes to bed so I can get high and do some dishes.
Old 01-09-16, 10:01 AM   #62
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bought 1000mgs of Cannabis butter, going to make some fudge. Do I just follow any recipe online, and just replace the normal butter with this at 1:1?
Old 01-09-16, 11:27 AM   #63
Inane Thread Master

for you smokers out there...are you still able to get a decent high even after years of daily use?
Old 01-09-16, 11:42 AM   #64
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Power View Post
Used the Mighty last night and it was really excellent. I've read reports of some people having durability issues with it, so we'll see how it holds up.
Keep us up to date. I've heard incredible things about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
But is the surrounding area a slum?
Remember that it is a town of 3,400. The slums and the ritzy areas are about a block apart. Actually, my house is on 40 acres and has 3 houses on it. He lives across from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
Bought 1000mgs of Cannabis butter, going to make some fudge. Do I just follow any recipe online, and just replace the normal butter with this at 1:1?
Yes. Then adjust on how much fudge you eat.

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-09-16, 11:44 AM   #65
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
for you smokers out there...are you still able to get a decent high even after years of daily use?
For 2-2.5 years I smoked merely daily. In the evenings and that was it. Once I slowed down the whole "adults have to work" thing, I've ramped up quite a bit. Some days I'll sit around and just smoke for hours. Some I'll just smoke at night. Point is, I'm what would be considered a very heavy user. I still get nice and high. I don't get to the moon like a n00b anymore, but I don't really want to. Just a great relaxing high.

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-09-16, 11:52 AM   #66
DVD Talk God

So we went to Vancouver. Oregon just started taxing it on Monday, and well....Oregon is fucking this up for themselves. They have great weed, but I bought 2nd tier (would still be top tier in WA) for $110 an quarter. Their top shelf was $125. $500 an oz. Okay, if you live in Oregon and you can legally grow it yourself, and you can give it away for free (lots of guys doing that), do you really think you are going to affect the black market when you are more than twice the price on the street and are limited to 1/4? Fucking fools.

Anyway, hit a place that has just been going crazy called Margie's Pot Shop. Top tier ounces in great packaging (Oregon's packaging is stupid and unsanitary) for $250 an ounce. Seriously top end shit. Blueniverse (A growers variation of Blue Dream) came in at 32% THC. Most I'd ever had before was WSU at 30%. The amount of THC doesn't tell the whole story, but I don't mess with stuff under 20%.

So then it was down to Vancouver's Main St. MJ. Plenty of good halfs for $60-70. High end stuff for $10 a gram no matter how many you buy. My buddy bought some 93% shatter (which I'll go try today). And some of the most amazing vape pen cartridges I've had.

Anyway, much weed was purchased by the three of us.

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-09-16, 12:02 PM   #67
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So you're gonna get high today then?
Old 01-09-16, 12:57 PM   #68
DVD Talk God

My inlaws are coming to town. My MIL was diagnosed with Parkinson's. She ask my BIL about marijuana for stuff like that, and he called me. I may well be getting high with my MIL today.

But either way, yes, I'll be very high at different times during the day.

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-09-16, 01:21 PM   #69
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
My buddy bought some 93% shatter (which I'll go try today).
I don't get shatter. I've been trying to find an example vid of someone breaking it up and smoking it, but haven't had any luck.
Old 01-09-16, 02:09 PM   #70
DVD Talk God

You don't really break it up much.

Here is what I've been told. In making concentrates you end up with a few different things (if you know what you are doing). You get a little bit of shatter, which is just super concentrated stuff. I use a titanium nail that gets super hot and just drop a small bit of the shatter on the nail. A quarter of a pea size will really get you lit. Anyway, you also have wax, which is part of the byproduct. It's generally 50% thc or so. Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvwhfPcGFpQ Start about 3:45

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-09-16, 03:36 PM   #71
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, I thought that shatter had the consistency of hard candy, and you had to break it up into little pieces. But it seems like you just use a tool to scrape parts of it off? Looks like WAY too much work for my tastes... maybe I'll just stick to vape oil cartridges
Old 01-10-16, 08:37 AM   #72
DVD Talk God

I find just a thumbnail can separate it off perfectly. It can be a bit of work, but it is truly amazing. I do it in two circumstances. One is when I just need to take about 30 seconds and be high for hours, and the other is when I'm experimenting with a lethal dosage.

I'll be down your way in the next couple of years provided you don't move. We'll bust that out and try it. It's a lot of fun.

Fuckwits

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-10-16, 09:47 AM   #73
DVD Talk God

This is a good watch for people who aren't very familiar with cannabis. Brit gal decides to find out for herself in a documentary. The first one is excellent because it shows her (about at 6 minutes in) buy cannabis, be told to take just a few hits and wait a few minutes to see how it affects her, and she ends up taking 25 or so hits and has an existential crisis.

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-10-16, 11:11 AM   #74
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I find just a thumbnail can separate it off perfectly. It can be a bit of work, but it is truly amazing.
Can you do shatter in something like this?
Old 01-10-16, 11:53 AM   #75
DVD Talk God

Absolutely. I use one essentially like that. Mine is the Spinner II battery, which lasts a really long time. Put a little shatter into the ceramic part, try to avoid the titanium burner (it can cause some waste as it can bubble and spatter inside the glass globe). That's good for portability. But all of it pales compared to a good oil rig. I'll post a picture of a really nice one in about a week.

― Carl Sagan