Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 04-28-12, 12:14 AM   #1
The Bus
DVD Talk Godfather

Teacher, 33, loses iPad with hidden photos of 12-yr old students (FL, natch)

Police: Teacher recorded girls undressing
DeLand police arrest Joshua Waguespack on video voyeurism charges

DeLAND, Fla. - A teacher at St. Peter Catholic School in DeLand was arrested Thursday on suspicion of hiding cameras in his classroom and capturing video of girls changing clothes.

Joshua Waguespack, 33, an eighth-grade teacher at the school, was arrested after he lost his iPad, which police said contained video and images of students, ages 12 and 13, at a Walmart in DeLand.

According to DeLand police, Waguespack called police on April 1 to report that he had lost his iPad. Using an iPhone application, Waguespack his iPad traced to a home in DeLand.

Police said the woman who had found the iPad tried to determine the owner and found "nude photos of children" on the computer tablet. Deputies said the nude photos were not thought to be students, but "juvenile females ages 11-15."

Local 6 spoke to the woman's daughter, Stephanie Anderson, who said she was trying to unlock the iPad her mother found left behind in a shopping cart at Walmart to find the owner's information when she found nude photos and informed police.

"There was like seven pictures of one girl in her room in her bedroom, fully naked, exposing herself," said Anderson. "We're very upset, I went to St. Peters from kindergarten to eighth-grade and all my sisters did as well so we know the entire St. Peter's community."

Anderson said she confronted Waguespack when he came to her neighborhood looking for the iPad.

"I couldn't keep my mouth closed, I said, 'Can you please explain to me why there was pictures of a underage girl, you know, doing things to herself,'" Anderson said.

Police said they are still investigating to determine who was in the pictures.

"It was actually good fortune, if you will, that this thing was found and it was discovered the way it was and brought to our attention," DeLand police Sgt. Chris Estes said. "We're going to put a stop to it."

Waguespack used his iPhone, which was connected to the tablet, to delete the photos on iPad, police said.

According to the police report, Waguespack told authorities he hid two to three pen cameras in the teacher's storage closet that students would use as a dressing room periodically. The images police found were of a 12 and 13-year-old student changing in the closet.

Waguespack then threw away the pen cameras he used in a dumpster at his apartment complex after being questioned at the police department, according to police.

An investigation also discovered that Waguespack also sent inappropriate text messages to a 16-year-old high-school student, according to police. Waguespack also told authorities that while working at Walmart in Orlando, he put a surveillance camera in a back room where he knew female employees would change their clothes and recorded it, according to the report.

Waguespack told police he was "very sorry for what he had done and he does not want to become a pedophile," according to the report.

Waguespack was arrested on two felony counts of video voyeurism, defendant over 24, victim under 16, and tampering with evidence. He is being held without bond.

According to Carol Brintati of the Diocese of Orlando, Waguespack was put on administrative leave when the school learned of the police investigation. On April 13 he was terminated, she said.

"All Diocesan background check procedures were followed in the hiring of Mr. Waguespack," Brinati said. "The safety and well being of our students are very important to us. Counselors will be at the school on Monday for those staff, parents or children who wish to speak to them. We pray for all those involved in the situation."

Waguespack was employed at the school since 2010 teaching middle school level advanced mathematics, according to Brinati.

Police said the investigation is ongoing in an attempt to identify more possible victims. Anyone with information is urged to call DeLand police.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Pol...k/-/index.html

"Waguespack told police he was "very sorry for what he had done and he does not want to become a pedophile," according to the report."

Might be too late there.

Photo to determine guilt:

Spoiler:

PSN: Chiwotweiler
Old 04-28-12, 01:42 AM   #2
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Teacher, 33, loses iPad with hidden photos of 12-yr old students (FL, natch)

What did Josh say to the Court regarding the charges:

"iGuilty"

===

Police said they are still investigating to determine who was in the pictures.

Yeah, right. Yah sick bastards.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 04-28-12, 01:45 AM   #3
Heat
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Teacher, 33, loses iPad with hidden photos of 12-yr old students (FL, natch)

Old 04-28-12, 03:21 AM   #4
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

The way the article is written, it makes it sound like he admitted to spying on the girls and then destroyed the evidence after his confession. The timeline is a little weird.
So there's simultaneously a super secret team of giant robots and a super secret team of technologically enhanced super soldiers, and neither team knows about the other? The governments in these movies must be far more effective than our actual government. Well, damn it, I want some realism and mature adult themes in my giant robot and super soldier movies! - Suprmallet
Old 04-28-12, 03:30 AM   #5
Wazootyman
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That's a very poorly written article. Makes things inherently confusing. Yeah, he's probably guilty, but the way everything is worded is just strange.

Also, too little bolding
Old 04-28-12, 07:23 AM   #6
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

"Using an iPhone application, Waguespack his iPad traced to a home in DeLand."

It's like the article was written on an iPad.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baronís cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 04-28-12, 08:48 AM   #7
Me007gold
DVD Talk Gold Edition

At least he wasn't touching/looking at little boys.
Old 04-28-12, 09:32 AM   #8
Sean O'Hara
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't understand why the thread title refers to "hidden" photos, which would imply they were encrypted or buried deep in the file system. If the woman found them while trying to determine the owner's identity, it sounds like they were stored in an easy-to-access photo album.
Old 04-28-12, 09:35 AM   #9
TomOpus
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Waguespack used his iPhone, which was connected to the tablet, to delete the photos on iPad, police said.
If the police had the iPad, how did he get access to it to delete the photos?

Or did the woman NOT take the iPad to the police and allowed him to connect the iPhone and that's when he deleted the pics. But the article said when the woman discovered the pics she informed the police.

iConfused

My So-Called DVD Life (Profiler),A Fistful of Discs (DVDAf)
Old 04-28-12, 09:35 AM   #10
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
I don't understand why the thread title refers to "hidden" photos, which would imply they were encrypted or buried deep in the file system. If the woman found them while trying to determine the owner's identity, it sounds like they were stored in an easy-to-access photo album.
Cameras that took the pictures were hidden. The pictures weren't hidden on his iPad, from what I can tell. Btw, the guy is an idiot for not password protecting his iPad and also not wiping his iPad the moment he knew it was lost.
Old 04-28-12, 09:36 AM   #11
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
If the police had the iPad, how did he get access to it to delete the photos?

Or did the woman NOT take the iPad to the police and allowed him to connect the iPhone and that's when he deleted the pics. But the article said when the woman discovered the pics she informed the police.

iConfused
I am assuming that the photos were remotely wiped.
Old 04-28-12, 09:41 AM   #12
Pizza
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara View Post
They were in hidden in the folder called "girls undressing."
Old 04-28-12, 10:13 AM   #13
PopcornTreeCt
DVD Talk Hero

Catholics.
Old 04-28-12, 10:31 AM   #14
Mrs. Danger
DVD Talk Legend

The first line sounds like he took pictures of the girls at Wal-Mart. What a sicko!
Old 04-28-12, 10:42 AM   #15
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
Catholics.
iCatholics.

Big difference.

Old 04-28-12, 10:46 AM   #16
TomOpus
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger View Post
The first line sounds like he took pictures of the girls at Wal-Mart. What a sicko!
And stupid. Usually they'll drop their clothes just by whipping out a camera.

Old 04-28-12, 11:11 AM   #17
islandclaws
DVD Talk Legend

Who has photos like this on an iPad and doesn't think to lock it with a passcode?

Horror Movie Challenge:
Old 04-28-12, 11:27 AM   #18
TomOpus
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCannibal View Post
Who has photos like this on an iPad and doesn't think to lock it with a passcode?
And calls police to say it was missing.

Old 04-28-12, 12:25 PM   #19
JumpCutz
DVD Talk Legend

iPed.
Old 04-28-12, 12:29 PM   #20
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

This doesn't surprise me since the guy was an iPad user. Most Apple users tend to be this type of guy.

See you all on page 10.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baronís cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 04-28-12, 12:37 PM   #21
RagingBull80
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
That's what I was thinking.
Old 04-28-12, 01:10 PM   #22
focker
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
This doesn't surprise me since the guy was an iPad user. Most Apple users tend to be this type of guy.

See you all on page 10.

Posted from my iPad.
Old 04-28-12, 02:24 PM   #23
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
A retard.

Old 04-28-12, 05:10 PM   #24
Living Dead
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Smart enough to remotely wipe photos on a device in police custody, but not smart enough to password protect that shit in the first place. My brain hurts.
Old 04-28-12, 05:12 PM   #25
My Other Self
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
A retard.
Most people should know you never go full retard on an iPad.

"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god you say 'YES'!"
Sponsored Links