Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 03-17-09, 05:18 PM   #1
My Other Self
DVD Talk Legend

A Friend of Mine Got Some Random "Get to Know You" Letter in the Mail From a Convict

I never heard of this before.

A friend of mine got a letter in the mail today from some con in the Ohio State Prison System. The letter says thus:

Dear ,

Can I get to know you?)

Log onto http://www.conpals.com/ohio/caldwell...l.derrick.html

Just a real man looking to meet a real woman.

--------end of "letter"

Derrick Caldwell-382-173 is on the envelope

Please Write Me Back at: LECI PO Box 56 Lebanon, OH. 45036

It's written on a piece of paper that was ripped from a bigger 8 1/2 x 11. And it was all handwritten.

Now my friend doesn't know anyone outside the State of California, and surely no convict named Derrick Caldwell.

What the hell? How does something like this happen?

"As far as 240 lb rapists go, she's not that bad. -- DRG
Old 03-17-09, 05:24 PM   #2
Mopower
DVD Talk Legend

Re: A Friend of Mine Got Some Random "Get to Know You" Letter in the Mail From a Conv

What could go wrong?
Old 03-17-09, 05:24 PM   #3
ernestrp
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: A Friend of Mine Got Some Random "Get to Know You" Letter in the Mail From a Conv

The Internets, etc..
Old 03-17-09, 05:26 PM   #4
Cathepsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
Now my friend doesn't know anyone outside the State of California, and surely no convict named Derrick Caldwell.
Well, now she can.
Old 03-17-09, 05:30 PM   #5
My Other Self
DVD Talk Legend

A further search in the Ohio Inmate System shows us that Derrick Caldwell is currently incarcerated for Rape, Abduction, Kidnapping, Burglary, and Felony Assault.

He gets out 9/2/2010.

That's a little bothersome. Are they allowed to do that? Write random letters like that? Jeez.

"As far as 240 lb rapists go, she's not that bad. -- DRG
Old 03-17-09, 05:33 PM   #6
SuperJim88
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Tell your friend to write him back and fulfill her civil duty in reintegrate convicts into our society. We're all call to do that. Come on, give him a second chance so he can pee in her butt.
Old 03-17-09, 05:36 PM   #7
ernestrp
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tell your friend to MOVE by 9/2/2010.
Old 03-17-09, 06:35 PM   #8
Breakfast with Girls
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
A further search in the Ohio Inmate System shows us that Derrick Caldwell is currently incarcerated for Rape, Abduction, Kidnapping, Burglary, and Felony Assault.
Ah, the perfect night. Some wine, perhaps followed by a moonlit stroll near the water, then being forced into her car for some passionate involuntary sex and a beating, and then being left stranded as he drives away in her vehicle.
Old 03-17-09, 08:04 PM   #9
mndtrp
DVD Talk Legend

Mmmmm... prison love.
Old 03-17-09, 08:26 PM   #10
TomOpus
DVD Talk Hero

Is your "friend" female?

My So-Called DVD Life (Profiler),A Fistful of Discs (DVDAf)
Old 03-17-09, 11:10 PM   #11
Mopower
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Is your "friend" female?
Thats what Derrick is hoping.
Old 03-18-09, 01:26 AM   #12
Supermallet
Time Lord

After being in the penal system on a rape charge, he's probably not too discriminating at this point.
Old 03-18-09, 07:25 AM   #13
Mankal
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did you check out the females on the site, some are hawt

http://www.convictpenpals.com/ads/Ne...Hanna_Kia.html
http://www.convictpenpals.com/ads/Te...ra_Ashley.html
And for you guys looking for a MILF:
http://www.convictpenpals.com/Florid...oyer_Jill.html
Old 03-18-09, 08:51 AM   #14
dieinafire

Criminals should not be allowed to write to random people, that's just creepy.

You can only please a woman with a dick made out of chocolate that ejaculates money. -rehmus

It's like I got shocked and Awwwed by the pussy. -Larry C.
Old 03-18-09, 08:59 AM   #15
Dave7393
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestrp View Post
The Internets, etc..
I would guess that maybe your friend had her contact information (name, address...maybe picture, who knows) online somewhere? That's really all it would take. I can't imagine why else he'd pick some random person a few thousands of miles away.

I'd imagine that this kind of thing (convicted rapists sending unsolicited mail to random women) isn't allowed, but drawing attention to it (complaining, possibly pissing off the con) could just make it worse. I'd just ignore it.
Old 03-18-09, 09:00 AM   #16
Brian Shannon
DVD Talk Legend

Put him on the mailing list for some extended car warranty scams.
Old 03-18-09, 09:12 AM   #17
achau9598
DVD Talk Limited Edition

mmmmmmmmm Jill is looking mighty hot in that 2nd pic
Old 03-18-09, 10:14 AM   #18
CPA-ESQ.
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankal View Post

Dammn! I may write to the last 2.. Wish I knew what they were in for. The first one is out (she only wants to hear from women)... but the last 2 are 100% gold diggers - and not bad lookin

I'm sure someone here will write to them.
Old 03-18-09, 10:23 AM   #19
CPA-ESQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave7393 View Post

I'd imagine that this kind of thing (convicted rapists sending unsolicited mail to random women) isn't allowed, but drawing attention to it (complaining, possibly pissing off the con) could just make it worse. I'd just ignore it.
I would write the prison, include a copy of this letter, and say that this was unsolicited and you do not wish to receive any more letters. Prisons go through every in and out bound letter. If they remove something they do not give the prisoner common courtesy of informing them that they deleted parts of their letter or even discarded it completely (they have no rights they are in PRISON)

This whole notion of "don't upset the guy in prisoner" is nonsense.

Do you realy think the warden is going to sit down and say "Mrs so-and-so located at bla-bla-bla has filed a complaint against you.. we are going to throw you in the hole now, if you have a problem I suggest you take it up with her upon your release. Here is a copy of the complaint with her contact information for your records"

With that kind of thinking - why would you ever call the police if you saw someone breaking the law? you could upset that person.
Old 03-18-09, 01:19 PM   #20
dieinafire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ. View Post
I would write the prison, include a copy of this letter, and say that this was unsolicited and you do not wish to receive any more letters. Prisons go through every in and out bound letter. If they remove something they do not give the prisoner common courtesy of informing them that they deleted parts of their letter or even discarded it completely (they have no rights they are in PRISON)

This whole notion of "don't upset the guy in prisoner" is nonsense.

Do you realy think the warden is going to sit down and say "Mrs so-and-so located at bla-bla-bla has filed a complaint against you.. we are going to throw you in the hole now, if you have a problem I suggest you take it up with her upon your release. Here is a copy of the complaint with her contact information for your records"

With that kind of thinking - why would you ever call the police if you saw someone breaking the law? you could upset that person.
What about those prisons where they give the inmates cable, and Playstations? Sometimes, they sue when they can't get taxpayer funded sex changes, that sounds like rights to me.

You can only please a woman with a dick made out of chocolate that ejaculates money. -rehmus

It's like I got shocked and Awwwed by the pussy. -Larry C.
Old 03-18-09, 01:54 PM   #21
islandclaws
DVD Talk Legend

Rape, abduction, kidnapping, burglary and felony assault? And he's getting out in 2010.

He must have had a real shitty lawyer to get that much time.

I would like to know how he got her address in the first place. It's not like dialing a random phone number and waiting to see who answers. He chose her. That's f'in creepy.

Horror Movie Challenge:
Old 03-18-09, 02:04 PM   #22
Living Dead

I'm curious... did the letter or the envelope actually address her BY NAME or was it just an address only on the envelope? In the OP, the name isn't listed, but I wasn't sure if that was because it wasn't written in the letter or the OP just didn;t want to give the friend's name.
Old 03-18-09, 02:06 PM   #23
Mordred
DVD Talk Legend

I'm surprised everyone is assuming this guy hasn't been reformed by our justice system.

"Mordred is a very smart man." - JasonF
Old 03-18-09, 02:32 PM   #24
jdodd

Has she considered writing back and actually becoming pen pals? He might be a delightful young man.
Old 03-18-09, 03:01 PM   #25
slop101
DVD Talk Legend

If I was in jail and someone didn't respond to my letters, I'd visit their address as soon as I got out and make them regret not responding...
Sponsored Links