Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 11-17-08, 02:28 PM   #1
El Scorcho
DVD Talk Hero

Clonie (Cycalona) Gowen Sues Full Tilt for 40 million dollars

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cou...case_id-62859/

Full case file in PDF form: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N3X7W3CF

Summary from someone who downloaded the case file:

Quote:
In the complaint, she alleges the following ---

In 2004, Clonie was offered (and accepted) 1% ownership of Tiltware and FTP in exchange for being a celebrity representative...

Has worn FTP merchandise and promoted FTP in exchange for that ownership interest (no other compensation)...

In May 2007, all Team FTP members received distribution checks but her...she demanded distribution owed to her, refused...

Nov 6, 2007, Lederer offered to pay her $250k for her past performance on behalf of company, she refused cuz only fraction of what was owed to her...

Clonie estimates company worth $4 billion...

Despite not being paid, continued to work and promote company until November 11, 2008, when she was informed that FTP would issue a press statement informing public she was no longer a Team FT Pro...

Still has not been given reason all other Team FT pros given distribution but her...

Claims against all defendants:

1. Breach of Contract --- claiming damages of $40 million...
2. Breach of Fiduciary Duties
3. Breach of Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing
4. Unjust Enrichment

5. Fraud/Intentional Misrepresentation (alleges Bitar contacted her in 2004 and told her they wanted her to be "the FTP female pro"...then in May 2004, attended meeting at Golden Nugget in Ivey's Suite...majority of Team FT was there, and Lederer led the meeting...He informed group that their ownership interests were not only in FTP but also in Tiltware, and Tiltware would charge FTP a high leasing fee.
Also, there is apparently no written contract for the 1% she claims.

Daniel Negreanu chimes in on his forum: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...&#entry2888498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
She has gone absolutely ding bat crazy and is making things up. There is just no freaking way they'd offer her 1%, no freaking way. This feels more like crazy ex-girlfriend extortion than anything else. I really hope she doesn't get away with this, luckily I don't think she will. What an idiot.

It's so obvious what she is trying to do. Who do you think posted the link on the internet? She wants to create a stir in the hopes that she can get some kind of home rum settlement figuring FTP can afford it and it's easier to throw money at her and make her go away. All of it based on complete lunacy and lies. I hope she ends up with what she deserves: nothing. She's ruined herself with this move. I'll never speak to her again, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Believe me on this one bro, she is drawing dead and just ruined herself. I'd bet a million dollars to your $1000 that she was never given 1% of the company. Actually that's not fair to you. I'm not going to share anything more than that on an internet forum, but Clownie has officially lost her mind and is probably going to end up with nothing, broke, and out of poker within the next two years. It's over for her. Good riddance.

This link was posts on 2+2 the day it was filed. It was posted by an account with 4 posts, all coincidentally having to do with Clonie and FTP. Coincidence? No, it was her.

As or Clonie, naming random people associated with FTP in a lawsuit is extremely irresponsible and inappropriate. It's like she's just throwing darts and guessing. She's not going to make any friends doing that. I mean, Mike Matusow? Like he needs to be on that suit, it's ridiculous.
I don't think we'll be seeing her on Poker After Dark anytime soon.
Old 11-17-08, 02:55 PM   #2
Red Dog
DVD Talk God

How can FTP be incorporated in Nevada? Is it just a freeplay site?
"A question for you. Would you rather Bucknell make the NCAA's once every 20 years or so and get ass raped by teams like Kansas in the first round or have them drop down a rung to a confernce where they can compete for a title?"
- Josh Hinkle
1st Round Final Scores: Bucknell 64 Kansas 63 | Bucknell 59 Arkansas 55
Old 11-17-08, 03:09 PM   #3
El Scorcho
DVD Talk Hero

I really have no idea how all the companies are related (full tilt, pocketkings, etc.) nor how they can exist within the US border.
Old 11-18-08, 01:00 PM   #4
actyper
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think 40mil will fix how bust she looks now (or when not on camera)
Old 11-18-08, 02:04 PM   #5
Rendle

LOL, Daniel's comments are awesome.
Old 11-18-08, 04:02 PM   #6
El Scorcho
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by actyper View Post
I don't think 40mil will fix how bust she looks now (or when not on camera)
required clonie pic:

Old 11-18-08, 04:11 PM   #7
jjcool
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

She does look a little busted lately. I heard that full tilt paid for her new tits, though. Anyone else know the full story?
Negreanu's posts are a riot, and he does have a point. She names a bunch of people who I assumed were only hired as pro's, and not in fact partners in full tilt, Like matusow, Juanda, etc. Anyone know for sure?
Old 11-18-08, 04:12 PM   #8
damn_skippy
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Old 11-18-08, 04:21 PM   #9
El Scorcho
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
She does look a little busted lately. I heard that full tilt paid for her new tits, though. Anyone else know the full story?
Negreanu's posts are a riot, and he does have a point. She names a bunch of people who I assumed were only hired as pro's, and not in fact partners in full tilt, Like matusow, Juanda, etc. Anyone know for sure?
They might have very small minority ownership shares in Full Tilt (and associated organizations) which may be why they were listed on the suit.
Old 11-18-08, 10:53 PM   #10
Dean Kousoulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
required clonie pic:

That's the worst bad beat i've ever seen.
Old 11-18-08, 11:19 PM   #11
mgbfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
Also, there is apparently no written contract for the 1% she claims.
Done!
Old 11-19-08, 12:00 AM   #12
namja
Stealth Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
She names a bunch of people who I assumed were only hired as pro's, and not in fact partners in full tilt, Like matusow, Juanda, etc. Anyone know for sure?
Actually, she named all of the Team Full Tilt, people who are considered "full-fledged members" in the suit.

life in high definition
Old 11-21-08, 12:39 PM   #13
Bill Geiger
DVD Talk Legend

I mentioned it before after I came back from Vegas last year. Saw her in the Bellagio poker room not playing so well, or so it seemed. She will be no loss to poker!