Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 11-05-08, 09:55 PM   #1
Mrs. Danger
DVD Talk Legend

Reported as true

A fellow decided instead of shoveling his driveway, it would be easier to melt the snow off. He calculated the amount of gasoline ,and the pouring path he'd need to follow. He then took a five-gallon can of gasoline and poured gas in a trail from his opened garage all the way down the driveway to the street. He stood back and tossed a match into a small patch of gasoline in front of him.

The gasoline did what he expected it to. It followed the path and instantly melted most of the snow. He noticed, however, that the flames appeared to be leaping into his garage -- the garage that held his boat, his Mercedes, and his sports utility vehicle. As the garage ignited, it blew his roof into the neighbor's yard and scorched the tops of his vehicles.

What went wrong? The fumes from the evaporating gasoline went into the garage and up to the ceiling where they were trapped and had sufficent time to accumulate.

--------------------

According to Reuters News - Henry Handy III, 16, was shot once in the chest for using sign language while walking with his deaf cousin in Fort Worth, Texas. Suspected gang members may have misinterpreted Handy's hand motions for rival gang signals and taken action, according to Fort Worth Police.

Handy was walking down the street practicing sign language with his 15-year-old cousin when a car passed and a passenger fired a shot from the backseat. The gunman, wearing the colors of a local gang, then got out of the car and threatened to kill the deaf youth. The hearing-impaired cousin told police he believed the gunman had mistaken his and Handy's conversation for gang signs.

"We've never heard of anything like this. Right now our gang unit is investigating, but we have no named suspects," police spokesman Lt. David Burgess of the Fort Worth Police Department said. There is no evidence that Handy or his cousin are gang members, according to Burgess.

--------------------------

As reported to Reuters - Bogota, Columbia - An 87-year-old man died of a heart attack while standing in line waiting to collect a government certificate verifying that he was alive.

Arturo Sespe, a retired public works employee, died in a local government office while waiting for an official "survival certificate" that allows him to continue drawing his $133 a month pension.

The "survival certificate" was originally introduced to crack down on theives who receive pensions in the name of dead relatives. Since the certificates were introduced late last year more than 7,000 elderly people have lined up to obtain them.

--------------------------

I don't believe a word of any of it.
Old 11-05-08, 09:59 PM   #2
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

--------------------

According to the United States, Barack Obama, a Black man, has been elected as their 44th President.

--------------------

The Truth Is Out There

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 11-05-08, 11:02 PM   #3
NotThatGuy
DVD Talk Hero

That bill gates e-mail tracker....true!
Old 11-06-08, 02:41 AM   #4
E. Honda
DVD Talk Special Edition

Send this to 6 people and you will see the Taco Bell dog run across your screen. If you send this to 8 people Ronald Mcdonald comes out and attacks the taco bell dog. it is really funny and it works!! you have to try it .
Old 11-06-08, 03:12 AM   #5
Boba Fett
DVD Talk Reviewer

The first one wouldn't shock me, considering a lot of people improperly store gas. I'd venture to say there were fumes in there to begin with.
Old 11-06-08, 06:26 AM   #6
rw2516
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There once was this couple who lived down our street. He was a mechanic of some sort and his work clothes would get very greasy. One day his wife soaked his work clothes in gasoline to loosen up the grease and then put them in the dryer.

KLAAAA-B00000M!!!!!

True story.

The guy who lives across the street from me use to do custom body work in his garage using a cutting torch. One year around the 4th of July a spark from the torch set off a big box of fireworks he kept in the garage.

BAM! ZING! WHOOSH! SISS! BOOM! BAH!

Last edited by rw2516; 11-06-08 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-06-08, 08:44 AM   #7
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
DVD Talk Hero

i like the second one...his name is Handy.
Old 11-06-08, 09:41 AM   #8
The Bus
DVD Talk Godfather

The third one isn't true because there's no such fucking country as Columbia.

PSN: Chiwotweiler
Old 11-06-08, 10:00 AM   #9
Dr Mabuse
DVD Talk Legend

According to an elderly New York resident the homeless are making their homes in Cadillacs in Florida..

He asserts that they don't merely nap, they make the car their home, they URINATE in there!!!

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing." - Charles Bukowski
Old 11-06-08, 10:04 AM   #10
GoldenJCJ
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger View Post
A fellow decided instead of shoveling his driveway, it would be easier to melt the snow off. He calculated the amount of gasoline ,and the pouring path he'd need to follow. He then took a five-gallon can of gasoline and poured gas in a trail from his opened garage all the way down the driveway to the street. He stood back and tossed a match into a small patch of gasoline in front of him.

The gasoline did what he expected it to. It followed the path and instantly melted most of the snow. He noticed, however, that the flames appeared to be leaping into his garage -- the garage that held his boat, his Mercedes, and his sports utility vehicle. As the garage ignited, it blew his roof into the neighbor's yard and scorched the tops of his vehicles.

What went wrong? The fumes from the evaporating gasoline went into the garage and up to the ceiling where they were trapped and had sufficent time to accumulate.

--------------------
If he owned all that stuff you'd think he'd also own a snowblower!
Old 11-06-08, 10:27 AM   #11
andicus
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
If he owned all that stuff you'd think he'd also own a snowblower!
And a couple of brain cells...
Old 11-07-08, 09:15 AM   #12
Mrs. Danger
DVD Talk Legend

I don't believe in gasoline fumes that rise upward, myself.
Old 11-07-08, 09:31 AM   #13
CPA-ESQ.
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The gas would be diluted once if was poured on the snow - and depending on the length of the driveway - most of the gas would evaporate by the time he got back to light the dammn thing.

In addition, I don't believe that the fire would melt the snow (unless he just had a dusting of snow)