DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-10-13, 01:25 PM   #101
DVD Talk Legend

Re: What's new on the Howard Stern Show?

Damn, didn't know they gutted Geek Time. Of all those garbage time filler shows I thought that was the one with the most effort put into it. God forbid they fill time on the stations with something other then shit.
Old 10-10-13, 02:41 PM   #102
DVD Talk Limited Edition

New Rolling Stone Interview with Artie

Artie Lange on His Suicide Attempt and Life After Howard Stern

PSN - sauce07

My Countdown Counting down to: April 20th
Bubble Bubble Bubble
Old 10-11-13, 02:05 PM   #103
DVD Talk Hero

Graham Nash interview was good.

And Howard was right to get rid of the Ronnie Mund Block Party. I wouldn't want that disgrace tied to my name either.
Old 10-11-13, 02:24 PM   #104
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce07 View Post
Just read through that. I was good. Man - Artie was raking in the dough... $80K a night for a gig!!!!

Unfortunately - I don't think he will be back on the stern show to promote his book.

He says in this interview that he talked to Gary, and Gary on the wrap up show says that he has not heard from Artie... so I think we will have another visit from Kathy Griffin before Artie is back on
Old 10-11-13, 02:39 PM   #105
DVD Talk Hero

I don't blame Howard. Artie is bad news.
Old 10-11-13, 03:16 PM   #106
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ. View Post
Just read through that. I was good. Man - Artie was raking in the dough... $80K a night for a gig!!!!

Unfortunately - I don't think he will be back on the stern show to promote his book.

He says in this interview that he talked to Gary, and Gary on the wrap up show says that he has not heard from Artie... so I think we will have another visit from Kathy Griffin before Artie is back on
Just read the interview. It doesn't necessarily say that he talked to Gary. It says that Gary has the book and is reading it. I'm sure the publisher sent copies of the book to the show. So I don't necessarily see a conflict between what Gary is saying and what Artie is saying (other than the fact that he says Gary is reading it, but someone else associated with the show could have told Artie that).

Doesn't mean I expect him to be on though, because I don't.

-----
PSN: CactusKind
Old 10-11-13, 03:48 PM   #107
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is it just me or did Benji age like 20 years recently? Maybe I've only seen videos from 2009 and before but holy shit he looks like crap.
Old 10-12-13, 08:13 AM   #108
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Howard just doesn't seem to have an edge anymore. I don't need HS from the 90's but he's softened so much since ven 2009. Maybe the whole AGT thing has him thinking more mainstream for when his career at Sirius is over... I can't see him re-upping again.
"Do u know how hard is it to won one oscar award? now ur simply referring him to motherfucker, but he deserve huge respect, even he win nobel prize, there is no surprise in it. first of all learn respect" - Ganesh Ujwal
XBox Live = Stiffy Goat11
Old 01-31-14, 05:26 PM   #109
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anybody else listening to the birthday bash? Just started, it's free to listen to without a subscription.

http://blog.siriusxm.com/2014/01/31/...-this-evening/

Rob Zombie opened up the show, The Black Keys are on now.

PSN - sauce07

Bubble Bubble Bubble
Old 01-31-14, 05:49 PM   #110
DVD Talk God

The Black Keys? So Steve Brandano finally got his wish!
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
Old 01-31-14, 06:13 PM   #111
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jeff Ross and Joan Rivers did a mini roast. John Mayer played Like a Rolling Stone. Chris Christie introduced Bon Jovi. Good times so far.

PSN - sauce07

Bubble Bubble Bubble
Old 01-31-14, 08:52 PM   #112
DVD Talk God

I listened to a bit of the Letterman interview. That was pretty good.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

Old 01-31-14, 09:04 PM   #113
DVD Talk God

I just looked at the live blog from the beginning. Holy fuck, there were a ton of celebrities there. RDJ was surprising, as was the video message from Kathie Lee. Most of the other people I expected to be there, like Gilbert, Natalie Manes, Rosie, etc.

Old 01-31-14, 09:05 PM   #114
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really hope once Letterman is done with his show (if Howard is still on), he'll finally come in to the studio for a real, hour + long interview. The interview was too short and had to compete with the drunken fans.
Old 01-31-14, 09:51 PM   #115
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
The Black Keys? So Steve Brandano finally got his wish!
Yeah, but will he get the interview he wanted?
Old 02-01-14, 09:48 AM   #116
DVD Talk God

FYI, they re-air this on Monday at 6ET and 6PT on 100/101 and immediately after, they put it up on demand for those that have the app/internet package for SiriusXM. I am probably going to listen to the whole thing on demand.

Old 02-01-14, 01:52 PM   #117
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's the complete audio

PSN - sauce07

Bubble Bubble Bubble
Old 03-14-14, 12:29 PM   #118
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just curious if anyone checks out the Artie Lange show that they broadcast on Direct TV? I have watched bits of it over the past few weeks and noticed a number of things:

1. Artie is in really bad condition these days. Really over weight, losing the hair badly and what hair he has is a mess. Unshaven most of the time and just seems the personification of unhealthy.
2. That co-host ex football player is incredibly boring.
3. That fat announcer (Mike Bocchetti)...i just don't get it? He is not funny. Has zero personality. Is weird looking. Has ticks and is constantly twitching. He seems borderline retarded. He looks like the male equivalent of the redneck mother from Honey Boo Boo. I just checked him out online to see what history he has and his website made me laugh by stating "He has worked with them all...." then going on to say he has appeared on the Howard Stern Show, the Jim Breuer Show and the Artie Lange Show. Pathetic.

The show just seems really boring. They seem to have almost nothing to talk about and have little enthusiasm when they do. I saw some half decent looking chick the other day that was cutting Arties hair and was obviously some adult performer and its really pathetic when Artie is blatantly hitting on these chicks. He used to do it on Stern and i see he keeps on with it here. I was hoping the show might have some entertainment value as its broadcast just before i head out to work, but i guess i am sticking with the news channels for now.
Old 03-14-14, 12:52 PM   #119
DVD Talk Hero

Judging by his appearance, I'd bet he's still using. You'd think someone that kicked that habit would have looked healthier. Maybe he's just boozing now.

And no, I have absolutely no interest in anything he does outside of Stern. He was only moldy entertaining as a sidekick.

If its not love then its the bomb that will bring us together.
Old 03-14-14, 01:28 PM   #120
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2025a View Post
Just curious if anyone checks out the Artie Lange show that they broadcast on Direct TV? .
I have tried a few times and it is just incredibly uninteresting. And I LOVED the guy on the Stern show.
3DS Friend Code:1178-1287-2020

My Countdown Counting down to: The first Saturday in May.
41 days 19 hours 15 minutes
Old 03-14-14, 02:12 PM   #121
DVD Talk Legend

They have had that Mike Bochetti guy on Opie and Anthony, and I think he has some issues. He still lives with his mother. He's not intentionally funny. They just laugh at how weird he is.
Old 03-14-14, 02:18 PM   #122
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've checked out a few of the Artie Show's and agree with you, they are terrible.

Funny the way things ebb and flow. During his time on the show, Artie was my favorite part and when if was first suggested he wouldn't be coming back I couldn't imagine how the show could go on without him.

I had the same thought about the fat sidekick. I was watching the Jim Norton episode and thought, "Oh, Artie gave someone with mental retardation an on-camera job as a sidekick. Good for him. He's always been a big hearted guy." Then little by little I realized, "Oh wait, this guy isn't retarded, he's just... unfortunate."

Haven't checked back in on his show since then. Sorry to hear it sounds like he's doing shitty healthwise.
Old 03-14-14, 03:04 PM   #123
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well in that Rolling Stone article from October the writer said that he ordered a large pizza with extra cheese and had at least five slices during the interview. And that he gets all his pizzas free and fast since he plugs them during his show.
Old 03-14-14, 03:29 PM   #124
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did anyone catch the phoney phone call where Sal & Richard called the internet radio host who used the words "naughty words"?? I was laughing my ass off. It's being replayed all the time this week.
"Do u know how hard is it to won one oscar award? now ur simply referring him to motherfucker, but he deserve huge respect, even he win nobel prize, there is no surprise in it. first of all learn respect" - Ganesh Ujwal
XBox Live = Stiffy Goat11
Old 03-14-14, 03:41 PM   #125
DVD Talk Legend

Is it funnier then that one time they called Tradeo?