DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 04-23-16, 11:43 AM   #276
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: What's new on the Howard Stern Show?

Everybody DOWN ON THE FLOOR.

https://soundcloud.com/howardstern/e...n-on-the-floor
Old 04-23-16, 02:17 PM   #277
DVD Talk God

i am considering making that my ringtone.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
Old 04-26-16, 09:51 PM   #278
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What the fuck. Ten minutes left in the episode and Ronnie hasn't had any lines.

Edit: Okay he was there at the very end, but no "EVERYBODY DOWN GET DOWN"

Last edited by bluetoast; 04-26-16 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-17-17, 06:55 PM   #279
DVD Talk Special Edition

Artie Lange arrested

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_story/27382767/article-Exclusive--Comedian--former-Howard-Stern-regular-Artie-Lange-arrested-for-cocaine--heroin-posession-in-parking-garage-in-Hoboken?instance=top_story
Old 03-17-17, 07:56 PM   #280
DVD Talk Legend

Fucken' Artie. Scores some heroin and can't even do it right.
Old 05-11-17, 02:25 PM   #281

Howard cancelled a live show on Wednesday, My 10th. Word on the street is that Ben Stern, Howard's father, has passed away. This is of course according to The Wack Pack...
Old 05-11-17, 02:34 PM   #282
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have never gotten the appeal of Artie. I remember his first appearance on Stern with Norm and he had some funny stories, but it was as much due to Norm telling them and yanking his chain a little. Over the years i never really found anything he said funny, and i even caught a couple of his standups on cable to see if that was better....man did it suck. Really obnoxious and unfunny. I know he tried killing himself a few years back, but i am surprised that he has not succeeded yet. Not too far off i am sure. And it sounds like he has worked his way through plenty of prostitutes in his time. Damn those girls must charge top dollar to get with this slob.
Old 05-11-17, 02:49 PM   #283
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry to hear about Ben Stern. I've haven't been listening to Stern for several years, is his mother still alive?

"Howard, you are my representative on earth!"
Old 05-11-17, 02:57 PM   #284
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, she is still alive.
3DS Friend Code:1178-1287-2020

My Countdown Counting down to: The first Saturday in May.
346 days 22 hours 27 minutes
Old 05-11-17, 04:27 PM   #285
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2025a View Post
I have never gotten the appeal of Artie. I remember his first appearance on Stern with Norm and he had some funny stories, but it was as much due to Norm telling them and yanking his chain a little. Over the years i never really found anything he said funny, and i even caught a couple of his standups on cable to see if that was better....man did it suck. Really obnoxious and unfunny. I know he tried killing himself a few years back, but i am surprised that he has not succeeded yet. Not too far off i am sure. And it sounds like he has worked his way through plenty of prostitutes in his time. Damn those girls must charge top dollar to get with this slob.
I went to Artie's show last year & it was pretty bad. He was using the exact same material as one of his specials from 3 years ago. He is pretty good at telling his jokes like they are new though.
Old 05-12-17, 08:42 AM   #286

Well i LOVE Norm Macdonald, but over the last few years i have been listening to every standup i can find of his and its a whole lot of repetition just like Artie. The good thing is a great deal of his material is very strong, so even hearing it multiple times its still incredibly good. But one joke story he repeats a lot is being stuck in the middle at the back of a car. I saw a very early routine he did that most be from at least 25 years ago and he was doing that way back then. Its funny, but not some of his best material and to be repeating it 25 years later is not good.
Old 05-12-17, 08:53 AM   #287
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bummer about Howard's dad. I listen less and less these days but when Howard does impressions of his dad chewing his ass out as a kid, it always makes me crack up.

Edit: Radar Online is saying that his dad is fine. Hmm. I guess Howard just took a day off.
"Do u know how hard is it to won one oscar award? now ur simply referring him to motherfucker, but he deserve huge respect, even he win nobel prize, there is no surprise in it. first of all learn respect" - Ganesh Ujwal
XBox Live = Stiffy Goat11

Last edited by Rob V; 05-12-17 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-12-17, 09:28 AM   #288

Howard went out to California for a body scan a week or so ago.

Beth has been instagraming like crazy on Wed and the past few days ( I doubt she would be sending out pictures of her cats and other crap if there was a death in Howard's family)

Some speculate that a result of the scan showed something related to his prostate (he was complaining about an exam a while ago etc).. so maybe they wanted to get him in right away for that.

Or his daughter lives out in CA - maybe there was something related to that.
Old 05-16-17, 11:26 AM   #289
DVD Talk Legend

Turns out Howard was just sick that day.
3DS Friend Code:1178-1287-2020

My Countdown Counting down to: The first Saturday in May.
346 days 22 hours 27 minutes
Old 05-16-17, 12:20 PM   #290
DVD Talk Legend

I was more fascinated to discover Maryanne from Brooklyn has no gag reflex
But there's still HOKEYBLOG!!!
Old 05-16-17, 11:09 PM   #291
DVD Talk God

It's mildly amusing that Stern got so much shit for the sick day and he can't understand why. He's railed on his staff for stuff like that in the past, questioning people's commitment. Like who can forget the 9/11 stuff when some of the staff left to go home rather than stay and do the show. He's become a grumpy fuck lately. I was seriously pissed off at him when he was bitching about Richard being in the GoTG2 movie. Like seriously dude, lighten the fuck up.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

Old 05-17-17, 09:57 PM   #292
DVD Talk Legend

Stuttering John: "Uh...Mr. Patrick Ewing...i...is it true...y..o...you....want...to.t..t...be a male model?"

Damn those were the Howard Stern golden years.

I will never forget that. I laughed the entire morning, couldn't stop crying from so much laughter.
Old 05-18-17, 05:50 AM   #293
DVD Talk Legend

I get satellite radio for $5 a month but it doesn't include Howard. Last time I listened it was boring as hell so not worth it to me to pay any more. ninety minutes of a Juliette Lewis interview and 30 minutes of him going on and on about his favorite eggplant parm takeout.
Back in 1992 my job was to convince people they needed a cellphone. How things have changed. // 65" LG OLED B6P, Pioneer Elite vsx91, MX-450 remote, 273 DVD's, Samsung K8500 UHD 392 BR titles, 10 UHD4K titles, Toshiba A35 72 titles, Definitive Technologies speakers and supercube sub.// Still wanted on Hi-Def disc: Bugsy/Dragnet/PearlHarbor(Directors cut)/Timeline/Tin Cup/True Lies
Old 05-18-17, 07:39 AM   #294
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well Jim... then you just missed his 5th interview with Amy Schumer (in as many months), Chris Robinson (is he relevant at all?) and another country singer I now is popular but entirely off my radar and I suspect most of Howard's listening audience radar. The show has its moments still... but few and far between anymore. The interviews are now the weakest part of the show, IMO, and the crew (particularly Richard and Sal) are the better parts.
"Do u know how hard is it to won one oscar award? now ur simply referring him to motherfucker, but he deserve huge respect, even he win nobel prize, there is no surprise in it. first of all learn respect" - Ganesh Ujwal
Old 05-18-17, 08:11 AM   #295
DVD Talk God

Oh come on, Amy Schumer hadn't been on the shown in almost a year.

Old 05-18-17, 08:27 AM   #296
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Still too soon. Who's next, Jenny McCarthy?
Old 05-18-17, 09:08 AM   #297
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRochester View Post
I get satellite radio for $5 a month but it doesn't include Howard. Last time I listened it was boring as hell so not worth it to me to pay any more. ninety minutes of a Juliette Lewis interview and 30 minutes of him going on and on about his favorite eggplant parm takeout.
My $5 subscription gets 100/101. Well I still think it does, but I wouldn't know since I haven't turned on either station in year.
Old 05-18-17, 11:28 AM   #298
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
It's mildly amusing that Stern got so much shit for the sick day and he can't understand why. He's railed on his staff for stuff like that in the past, questioning people's commitment. Like who can forget the 9/11 stuff when some of the staff left to go home rather than stay and do the show. He's become a grumpy fuck lately. I was seriously pissed off at him when he was bitching about Richard being in the GoTG2 movie. Like seriously dude, lighten the fuck up.
Or Benji coming 2 minutes late.

If its not love then its the bomb that will bring us together.
Old 05-18-17, 11:29 AM   #299
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
Well Jim... then you just missed his 5th interview with Amy Schumer (in as many months), Chris Robinson (is he relevant at all?) and another country singer I now is popular but entirely off my radar and I suspect most of Howard's listening audience radar. The show has its moments still... but few and far between anymore. The interviews are now the weakest part of the show, IMO, and the crew (particularly Richard and Sal) are the better parts.
Richard and Sal are the absolute worst part of the show. I enjoy the interviews and any opportunity to get Ronnie riled up.

Chris Robinson is a good dude. Pretty intelligent and was married to Kate Hudson, so yes!

If its not love then its the bomb that will bring us together.
Old 05-18-17, 12:35 PM   #300

I never found Richard and Sal funny. To them shock is comedy. Just obnoxious twats. And why is it that no one can say the word Twats correct on this show. Do all Americans pronounce it Twot?

The only times i have bothered with Stern in recent years has been if Norm Mcdonald is on the show, but even that is repetitive with covering same stories and same jokes. The one person i wish was still around is Hank the Angry Dwarf. That guy always cracked me up. Do they ever get Beetlejuice on the show?