Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 06-17-08, 07:38 AM   #1
Daytripper
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New Yahoo mail interface

Yahoo mail is starting to change it's mail interface. My first account with them must be on one of their first servers. The interface changed yesterday and so far it's very slow and for the past hour, I haven't been able to log on at all. Has anyone else who's who's interface has changed been having problems?
Old 06-17-08, 07:41 AM   #2
DarkEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytripper
Yahoo mail is starting to change it's mail interface. My first account with them must be on one of their first servers. The interface changed yesterday and so far it's very slow and for the past hour, I haven't been able to log on at all. Has anyone else who's who's interface has changed been having problems?
i have been using the new interface for almost half year now.. and it sucks slow and always gives me trouble some days i cant log into my mail at all.

once i was able to i switched back to the classic view.... and no more issues....

clear all cache and cookies then try to log in again.. but it might be awhile before you can get back into you email...
Old 06-17-08, 07:44 AM   #3
Daytripper
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEyes
i have been using the new interface for almost half year now.. and it sucks slow and always gives me trouble some days i cant log into my mail at all.

once i was able to i switched back to the classic view.... and no more issues....

clear all cache and cookies then try to log in again.. but it might be awhile before you can get back into you email...

Re: switching back to classic view. THANK YOU!!! I didn't even see that option at the top. The new interface it just too damn "busy". Plus, they have the new instant messenger option within the e-mail now. And I think that's what is slowing it down. Terrible idea Yahoo.
Old 06-17-08, 07:45 AM   #4
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Hero

I hate the new(ish) layout as well. Very slow.

On a side note they need to do an overhaul on their spam filters. I get a half dozen an hour in my inbox no matter how many of them I mark as spam. Gmail on the other hand, I get maybe one a month in my inbox.

Isn't this more of a 'Tech' topic?

Now Playing
Infamous: SS | Almost Finished Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Old 06-17-08, 07:48 AM   #5
Daytripper
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

I checked there first, nothing. There has been many e-mail threads here over the years so I decided to post this here as well.

You're right about the spam though. My friends and I always forward each other the "spam of the day". Being the funniest. Lately, I love the new:

Subject: My husband is gone....
Old 06-17-08, 09:32 AM   #6
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

yeah, switch back to classic and you'll be eternally happy. their new one was terrible.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
Old 06-17-08, 09:43 AM   #7
10-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I hate the new(ish) layout as well. Very slow.

On a side note they need to do an overhaul on their spam filters. I get a half dozen an hour in my inbox no matter how many of them I mark as spam. Gmail on the other hand, I get maybe one a month in my inbox.

I tried the new mail for a couple of days before switching back to calssic. I have no desire to try it again. I'm sure at some point it won't be optional.

I've had great luck with Yahoo's spam filters. I can't remember the last spam that didn't land in my bulk folder.
Old 06-17-08, 08:18 PM   #8
iggystar
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-7
I tried the new mail for a couple of days before switching back to calssic. I have no desire to try it again. I'm sure at some point it won't be optional.

I've had great luck with Yahoo's spam filters. I can't remember the last spam that didn't land in my bulk folder.
Same here. I couldn't even access my mail at work it was so slow. Switched back to classic and forgot about the new interface.