Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 06-03-08, 10:40 AM   #1
Save Ferris
DVD Talk Legend

Comparing Cell Phone Rate Plans?

What are some good (non biased) websites that compare cell phone rate plans?
Old 06-03-08, 10:46 AM   #2
Jacoby Ellsbury
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just get the sprint friends and family. $30 for 500 minutes, free texting, nights start at 7 pm. You can take pics with a camera phone and email them for free. Those are a few of the bonuses you get that most other companies dont provide
Old 06-03-08, 11:03 AM   #3
GradVT06
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
Just get the sprint friends and family. $30 for 500 minutes, free texting, nights start at 7 pm. You can take pics with a camera phone and email them for free. Those are a few of the bonuses you get that most other companies dont provide
Agree, Sprint SERO plans give the best bang for your buck if you have good coverage in your area. I tried switching from Verizon to Sprint SERO plan, but coverage isn't good here. So I'm with Alltel now.

But $30 for 500 mins, unlimited data, unlimited messaging, N&W at 7pm, unlimited Sprint mobile-to-mobile.

Sprint Employee Referral Offer 500 (minutes) for $30.00 per month
Sprint Employee Referral Offer 1250 (minutes) for $49.99 per month

It sucked it didn't work out for us, but oh well. There's no SERO family plan, but 2 $30 lines was $10 less than what we were paying with Verizon for a 700 minute family plan.

Easiest way to compare is to look at each company's site yourself and see how much you get for how much you want to spend or how much a plan is for the minutes/features you use.

If you want to know more about SERO plans, go here: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=716694

For advice on phones/plans/coverage areas, visit HowardForums

Good luck!
Old 06-03-08, 11:59 AM   #4
Tarantino
DVD Talk Legend

It really depends on what you need with your plan before we can figure out the best for you...how many minutes you normally use, other features like texting, video share, etc., and how many lines you have.

= J

XBox Live - Kleeberg
Old 06-03-08, 12:13 PM   #5
orangecrush
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Your best bet is to actually go to the carrier's web-sites and compare them yourself. You could go to a site like wire fly, but they often have worse deals for plans than you can get on the web-site. That being said, once you decide on a plan, you should check out wire fly for a good deal on a phone. We paid -$175 for our phones (they did have the same family plan as the ALLTEL web-site) after mail-in rebates.

gamertag: IAMNOTwiththem
Old 06-03-08, 02:15 PM   #6
Walter Neff
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just remember that all the minutes in the world don't mean much if you don't have coverage. I discovered that years ago when I went to a conference in Santa Barbara, California, and discovered that my cell-phone company, Sprint, had absolutely no service in the city, at least at that time. It made it almost impossible to do my job.

Now I have Verizon because, in my experience, they have the best coverage. But you pay the price (and more) for it. Luckily, I charge my cell phone bill to work anyhow, so what do I care?