Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 01-08-08, 02:18 PM   #1
derekjet
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Jessica Sklar Niederlander SEINFELD ... How Much Do I Dislike Thee

How nauseating is this gold-digger chick?

Leaves her 1st husband (of the Broadway Niederlanders) after 2 weeks to be with that hunk Jerry. Seems that while the lowly Niederlander was only a member of Bally's sports clubs, Jerry was a member of the ritzy Reebok Sports Club. Advantage Jerry. Niederlander only had 100 million in the bank, while Jerry already had 500 million. Advantage Jerry.

Sends 20 pairs of shows to Oprah after hawking her (plagiarized) book. Oprah doesnt need 20 pairs of shoes, you moron! Give the monetary equivilant to a charity, you putz.

'Writes' a book about healthy eating for kids that is a blatant ripoff of a book already published. Jessie was even too lazy to change the cover art work much.

Hey Jerry: Loved 'Seinfeld', but your taste in chicks is the pits.

Last edited by derekjet; 01-08-08 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-08-08, 02:23 PM   #2
Fielding Mellish
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
I was working on a project with one of the elder Niederlanders when the whole dumped-right-back-from-the-honeymoon shenanigans went down.

Oh, the things I heard...

Good times.
Old 01-08-08, 02:26 PM   #3
Th0r S1mpson
DVD Talk Hero

Just got her book and am enjoying it. The spinach pita pizzas are fantastic.

http://savejace.info/
Old 01-08-08, 02:28 PM   #4
derekjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
Just got her book and am enjoying it. The spinach pita pizzas are fantastic.
That's funny. Bought the original (non-plagiarized) book and made the Spinach Taco Pizza. Hmmm ....
Old 01-08-08, 02:29 PM   #5
The Infidel
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Timely thread here.

Quote:
NEW YORK - An author who claims Jerry Seinfeld's wife plagiarized her cookbook has sued the famous couple, finding no humor when the comedian compared the three-name author to the three-name killers of John Lennon and Martin Luther King Jr.

The lawsuit, seeking unspecified damages for copyright and trademark infringement, was brought Monday in U.S. District Court in Manhattan by Missy Chase Lapine, the author of "The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids' Favorite Meals."

"Jerry Seinfeld is an enormously wealthy and well-known comedian, and Jessica Seinfeld is his wife, but that does not give them license to slander and plagiarize," the lawsuit said.

The Seinfelds' lawyer, Richard Menaker, disputed Lapine's claims of defamation and plagiarism and suggested Lapine was seeking publicity to boost her book's sales.

"Both are without merit," Menaker said. "There's no truth in fact or law to this claim of plagiarism. The idea for Jessica Seinfeld's book came from her own experiences with her family out of her own kitchen."

And he said there was "no basis" for any kind of legal claim of defamation.

"Jerry Seinfeld is entitled to his opinions," Menaker said. "Even though Jerry Seinfeld is a public figure, he doesn't lose his right to free speech because of that."

In October, HarperCollins published Jessica Seinfeld's "Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food."

Hearing about the Seinfeld book in May while promoting her own book, published a month earlier, Lapine complained, and the war of words was under way.

The lawsuit said the Seinfelds were warned even before the book was published that it had blatant similarities to Lapine's book.

Still, when Jerry Seinfeld appeared on CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" in October, he suggested Lapine was a crackpot and declared his wife not guilty of "vegetable plagiarism," the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit also quoted him telling Letterman: "Now you know, having a career in show business, one of the fun facts of celebrity life is wackos will wait in the woodwork to pop out at certain moments of your life to inject a little adrenaline into your life experience."

It said Seinfeld also noted that Lapine has three names and that "if you read history, many of the three-name people do become assassins."

Then Seinfeld added, "Mark David Chapman. And you know, James Earl Ray. So that's my concern," the lawsuit recalled.

Lennon was shot and killed outside his Manhattan apartment by Chapman, a deranged fan, on Dec. 8, 1980. King was assassinated by Ray on April 4, 1968, on the balcony of a hotel in Memphis, Tenn.

The lawsuit said a reasonable person watching Seinfeld on Letterman's show would conclude that he had described Lapine as mentally ill with "potentially violent or, at a minimum, hostile, tendencies, proclivities and activities."

It argued that Lapine was not a public figure, does not suffer mental infirmity, is not a celebrity stalker, is not violent or dangerous, and does not engage in extortion or lies.
I'd like to see Johnny Depp direct a movie about Tim Burton directing a movie starring Johnny Depp, in which Johnny is directing a film about Danny Elfman, who is composing the music for a new Tim Burton film starring Johnny Depp.....playing Danny Elfman.
Old 01-08-08, 02:30 PM   #6
derekjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fielding Mellish
I was working on a project with one of the elder Niederlanders when the whole dumped-right-back-from-the-honeymoon shenanigans went down.

Oh, the things I heard...

Good times.
Do tell, Mr. Mellish. This is the Anti-Jessie thread, and is required.
Old 01-08-08, 02:30 PM   #7
Th0r S1mpson
DVD Talk Hero

You're saying that a spinish pita pizza is a rip-off of a spinach taco pizza?

Old 01-08-08, 02:31 PM   #8
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

pics?
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 01-08-08, 02:34 PM   #9
Th0r S1mpson
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave
pics?

Old 01-08-08, 02:34 PM   #10
Fielding Mellish
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjet
Do tell, Mr. Mellish. This is the Anti-Jessie thread, and is required.
I didn't mean to imply I had previously-unturned dirt.

That said, it's always entertaining to hear an 80-something year old man finding multiple creative ways to link the words F***, B****, and C***.

And boy, did he ever.

Last edited by Fielding Mellish; 01-08-08 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-08-08, 02:46 PM   #11
derekjet

Quote:
You're saying that a spinish pita pizza is a rip-off of a spinach taco pizza?
Jessica also had a recipe to create what she christened as a 'Bagel'. Never heard of this thing called a 'Bagel' before Jessie enlightened me with her original talents.
Old 01-08-08, 03:11 PM   #12
Th0r S1mpson
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Jessica also had a recipe to create what she christened as a 'Bagel'. Never heard of this thing called a 'Bagel' before Jessie enlightened me with her original talents.
So your author invented both the bagel and spinach?

Old 01-08-08, 03:15 PM   #13
derekjet

Quote:
So your author invented both the bagel and spinach?
According to my calculations, Popeye invented Spinach and Jessica S.N. Seinfeld did indeed invent the bagel (patent pending).
Old 01-08-08, 03:18 PM   #14
Jadzia

I really think that the other woman suing sounds like a little bit of a drama queen. Since when are vegetable purees a new idea? People have been hiding veggies in other foods for years, I am not sure where she thinks that is a copyright issue.

From what I understand, you can't copyright a recipe. You can only copyright how you word the instructions. So the actual list of ingredients is not protected.
Old 01-08-08, 03:30 PM   #15
Th0r S1mpson
DVD Talk Hero

I have seen numerous handwritten recipes from grandparents that hide vegetables in kids' food. It's not a new idea. It actually started in 1879 when the son of Thomas Alva Edison spat out his broccoli and refused to take another bite. Furious, Edison picked up the spat broccoli and shoved it into his son's dessert cake as punishment. When his son went ahead and ate the dessert, a bulb of sorts appeared above Edison's head. But now we are getting into another story altogether...

Old 01-08-08, 03:32 PM   #16
Jericho
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I really think that the other woman suing sounds like a little bit of a drama queen. Since when are vegetable purees a new idea? People have been hiding veggies in other foods for years, I am not sure where she thinks that is a copyright issue.

From what I understand, you can't copyright a recipe. You can only copyright how you word the instructions. So the actual list of ingredients is not protected.

You can copyright a specific arrangement of information, even if the underlying information is not protectable
Old 01-08-08, 03:35 PM   #17
BravesMG
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Props to one of those "Cheap Seats" guys for being first in line, she's pretty damn hot.
Old 01-08-08, 03:37 PM   #18
derekjet

Ultimately, worst case scenario, the lawsuit wont put too much of a dent in jerry's pocketbook anyway.

But, Jessica's impeccable reputation as a gold digging ho shall remain.
Old 01-08-08, 03:38 PM   #19
lotsofdvds
Suspended

Her great-grandfather, Ned Nederlander, is my favorite silent movie star.

Old 01-08-08, 03:40 PM   #20
derekjet

Quote:
While Jessica does not take credit for inventing pita, she does claim she invented falafel.
Old 01-08-08, 07:31 PM   #21
mndtrp
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds

I was wondering why the name sounded extremely familiar.
Old 01-08-08, 09:27 PM   #22
The Bus
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds

The Bus Approves:
Post of the Day™

PSN: Chiwotweiler
Old 01-08-08, 10:13 PM   #23
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
While Jessica does not take credit for inventing pita, she does claim she invented fellatio.
Fixed. With pleasure.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."