Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 11-21-07, 06:28 PM   #101
Nesbit
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedagogue

So "take a break" means....she really wants to kick it up a notch....sweet!

-p
No. Take a break means she wants nothing to do with you. Jesus you really are clueless when it comes to females...

Look at the signs!! She's texting multiple times today! It's her way of saying, "Hey buddy. I took a step back! Why is there all this space between us! Don't those legs on ya' work?"
Old 11-21-07, 06:28 PM   #102
greg9x
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Think everyone has said what needed to be said.... go get on another woman asap !! Don't let this one string you along... only keep hanging with her if you TRULY don't care, as in you don't care if she's on some other guy right in front of you, you don't care if she gets a little drunk and starts coming back on to you and you can use her as a FWB and not care if she gives the 'we shouldn't have done that' speech the next day.
But if you care, and have some hope of getting back with her, then just break it off completely and phase her out of your life for a while...otherwise you'll be in for alot of crap !
Old 11-21-07, 06:29 PM   #103
Nesbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchot
And "No, I don't want to have sex with you" means "Fuck me, please!"
I'm sorry but you'll have to include the tone of voice on this one for me to be able to tell if you're on the right track...
Old 11-21-07, 07:31 PM   #104
The Bus
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedagogue
You should take it once step further and let her know that you have a date, but if you don't close the deal you'd call her...though it'd probably be around midnight. See if she'd be into that. If you do it right, you can convert her to a a Booty Call. Allegedly.
So that's how you do it.

PSN: Chiwotweiler
Old 11-21-07, 07:32 PM   #105
The Bus
DVD Talk Godfather

I just noticed Nesbit is from Bremerton.

Just like MxPx.

PSN: Chiwotweiler
Old 11-22-07, 10:59 PM   #106
movieguru
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Best thing to do is completely ignore her. Don't return calls. If she calls and you answer hang up immediately. If you see her on the street or anywhere else completely ignore her or turn the other way and pretend she's not there. Girls hate that shit because they are insecure and even if they don't want you, can't stand the thought that you no longer want them . It will eat art them and they will do stupid things to try to get your attention again, just so they can dis you again.
Old 11-22-07, 11:10 PM   #107
Tarantino
DVD Talk Legend

Look on the bright side...at least now you don't have to buy her anything for Christmas. It's the best thing about being single through the Holidays.

= J

XBox Live - Kleeberg
Old 11-22-07, 11:33 PM   #108
uncle-frank

ill give you 4 senerios i think it could be based on experience:

1. shes lost interest in you
2. she wants what some wierd women call "a break" which involves not seeing you for a few months than jumping back into the same relationship again
3. someone else has come into her life..
4. she hasnt matured yet, seriously that sounds silly but its true. ive dated women in there late 20s that just are not ready for a relationship and cant quite get their fingers around the concept of it.

in conclusion tho. it seems like youve done nothing wrong, which is funny because somehow you must have in her mind
Old 11-22-07, 11:39 PM   #109
argh923
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesbit
Not at all. Peddy let me fill you in on women..... What does it mean when a girl says she wants to take a step back? She wants you to take a step forward. This is all a big test for her and since the OP said it came out of the blue you treat it like a pop quiz: You might not know all the answers but you go forward full steam!

I'm kind of a busy guy but I guess I've got time to answer one more lonely soul's lady questions. If you ever feel the need to figure out what's going on in that certain woman's head message me. I'll be there for you man.
Slayer?
Currently Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5: A Dance with Dragons
Old 11-23-07, 12:51 AM   #110
sk8r1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopdido
The thread title pretty much says it all.

I've been dating a girl for the last 2-3 months and recently her attitude towards me and the relationship made a complete 180. All I mean by that is that instead of talking all the time and making plans and stuff she became somewhat distant and lost her enthusiasm. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that the relationship got too serious too fast for her and that she wants to take a step back for a bit. We went back and forth for a bit and the phone conversation was actually quite cordial, but in the end I guess we're not dating anymore, which is a bummer for me and was actually pretty surprising because things seemed to be going really well l until she suddenly changed her attitude. The first thought some of you may have is that she simply met somebody else and totally lost interest in me. That may be true I guess, but I seriously don't think so.

So, my question (hopefully to the women out there) is what does she mean by taking a step back? I really couldn't get a definite answer out of her and finally gave up. Does that mean she wants to date a bunch of guys other than me? Does that mean she doesn't want to date anybody right now? She told me that she still wants to spend time with me, but she just doesn't want things to feel like a relationship. Do you think that's b.s. or does she just want to slow things down and sometime down the road she'd want to start up again or what? I also can't tell if she just wants like a "friends with benefits" which I really don't want to do. I do want to continue seeing her in some capacity, but I just don't know what to think because I can't tell if she really wants to keep seeing me or if she just wants me to go away.
Taking a step back at my age (18) usually means "Keep your hands, and other things out of my pants for a few weeks while I re-collect my mind. Then you may continue oh 'godly one.'"
Old 11-23-07, 01:10 AM   #111
Nesbit

Is the girl 18?
Old 11-23-07, 01:12 AM   #112
sk8r1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesbit
Is the girl 18?
Does it matter?

"She swore she was 36! Officer she swore she was 36! I'm telling the truth!"
"Sir, shes 16..."
"BUT SHE SWORE!!!"
(taken away in hand-cufs)
Old 11-25-07, 02:45 AM   #113
mndtrp
DVD Talk Legend

It's time to order cable. It worked for Matthew Broderick.
Old 11-25-07, 03:31 AM   #114
DarthVong
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Give her the shocker!
Old 11-25-07, 04:07 AM   #115
Giantrobo
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Women sound like a lot of fucking work.

Yep.

It's the hetero male curse and the source of our shorter lifespans, added stress, constant begging, and general unhappiness.

[henry higgins] Why can't a woman, be like a man? [/henry higgins]

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-25-07 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-25-07, 12:01 PM   #116
Anubis2005X
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you want her back, ignore the crap outta her...
Old 11-25-07, 12:27 PM   #117
Rival11

Location: N.Y. and I would have changed my username but just like Chuck Finley...Rival11 is forever
As a person who just got out of a year long relationship and somewhat had the same experience.......Cut her off immediately.

It will go one of two ways, the first, she will come back but even if she does...you need to act different and a little more closed off - that's it.

Does she still call you or are you always the one initiating the contact? If you are, that's what she wants - don't play that shit and don't let your mind wander....listen to me my friend, I know.

just go man - take some time to get over her and then move on. Believe me, it's not worth it.

Last edited by Rival11; 11-25-07 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-28-07, 08:31 AM   #118
pyro383

hook up for 1 more night and have angry sex with her.

One of my favorite things ever. Man, the day some syrup accidentally crept across the plate onto my bacon was a new milestone in the life of my eating habits - Thor Simpson
Old 11-28-07, 05:30 PM   #119
The Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
If you want her back, ignore the crap outta her...
I agree.

Taking a step back is female language for LEAVE ME ALONE. However they forget the thing they THRIVE on, and that's attention, to make them feel less insecure, and enlarge their ego's.

Play the game to your own advantage.