Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 11-06-07, 12:14 PM   #1
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

Seattle Meat! Nov. 14 or 16.

I gotta' be in the land of Starbucks and Nesbitt and I are going to have a few drinks. We like to drink. We want you to like to drink. Then we could all drink. The 14th works best for me, and will keep me from trying to rent strippers to whip me before the School Board Conference.

Anyone else in? I'll be at the Westin, so something close to there so I can stumble home and only fall in a few urine puddles left by the local wildlife.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baronís cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 11-06-07, 12:16 PM   #2
Kittydreamer
DVD Talk Legend

If you make it for that Saturday we'd come up.
Old 11-06-07, 12:29 PM   #3
HE Pennypacker
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Any Veg options?
Old 11-06-07, 12:43 PM   #4
Minor Threat
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave
I gotta' be in the land of Starbucks and Nesbitt and I are going to have a few drinks.

Does your wife know that you're meeting another woman for drinks....?
Old 11-06-07, 12:44 PM   #5
wabio
DVD Talk Legend

What type of meat? Skunk, chicken, dog, raccoon, or rare albino deer?
Old 11-06-07, 12:51 PM   #6
HE Pennypacker
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabio
What type of meat? Skunk, chicken, dog, raccoon, or rare albino deer?
Love the thread connection!
Old 11-06-07, 12:55 PM   #7
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
Any Veg options?
Twig and berries are confirmed.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baronís cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 11-06-07, 01:02 PM   #8
Th0r S1mpson
DVD Talk Hero

Bummer. I was just there this past weekend or I might have rescheduled my trip. I'll be up again in December the week before Christmas. You'll probably be too busy helping Jesus put the lights up though.

http://savejace.info/
Old 11-06-07, 01:15 PM   #9
Brian Shannon
DVD Talk Legend

Old 11-06-07, 01:18 PM   #10
wendersfan

I haven't read the Village Voice in years.
"You concentrate on the sad wanna be hooliganism and let us worry about the actual soccer." - rocketsauce (final score: Columbus 2-Chicago 1)
Old 11-06-07, 01:48 PM   #11
superdeluxe
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
I gotta' be in the land of Starbucks and Nesbitt and I are going to have a few drinks. We like to drink. We want you to like to drink. Then we could all drink. The 14th works best for me, and will keep me from trying to rent strippers to whip me before the School Board Conference.

Anyone else in? I'll be at the Westin, so something close to there so I can stumble home and only fall in a few urine puddles left by the local wildlife.

Oh my.
Old 11-06-07, 01:54 PM   #12
HE Pennypacker
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Twig and berries are confirmed.
They went to all that trouble? A single portobello mushroom would have sufficed.
Old 11-06-07, 02:40 PM   #13
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

So, c'mon....who else will join us?
Old 11-06-07, 02:42 PM   #14
twikoff
DVD Talk God

seattle meat
Old 11-06-07, 02:43 PM   #15
Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dave, I would love to meat you.
Old 11-06-07, 07:24 PM   #16
Breakfast with Girls
DVD Talk Legend

Dammit, Dave! You and your stupid schedule.

The 14th doesn't work for me. My mom and her husband are visiting from November 14-18. I may be able to swing the 16th, but I definitely can't guarantee it.

Old 11-06-07, 08:28 PM   #17
muggins
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There goes kvrdave again with the world revolving around him. Suddenly since he's coming to town he figures we need a meat!

Can I crash on the floor in your room at the hotel?
Old 11-06-07, 08:56 PM   #18
mosquitobite
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The funny thing is there is a work seminar on those very dates in Seattle that I could attend if I wanted to

Oh God...Nesbit's gonna kill me...

So Dave, are you wanting a threesome?
Old 11-06-07, 09:52 PM   #19
kenbuzz
DVD Talk Legend

Might I suggest instead some Seattle fish?
Old 11-07-07, 12:33 AM   #20
Nesbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquitobite
The funny thing is there is a work seminar on those very dates in Seattle that I could attend if I wanted to

Oh God...Nesbit's gonna kill me...

The 16th works MUCH better for me. I'd have to get a babysitter if it is on the 14th.

If we do have it on the 16th it's going to make me REALLY tired for my first date with this girl at work I've got a huge crush on. She just told me yesterday that she has been diagnosed as being type two bipolar.... You guys know that I love (and actually follow for the most part) your advice but I'm afraid that if skeet doesn't come up for the meat I'm not going to ever write about what could be a very sticky and interesting situation ..... I'm just sayin'
Old 11-07-07, 11:20 AM   #21
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquitobite
I assume that is rhetorical.

16th is fine. I already have a deposit on the spanking strippers anyway. I was willing to lose the deposit for you people, though.
Old 11-07-07, 11:30 AM   #22
Nesbit

Skeet is only able to make it on the 14th so now that works better for me.... Actually I can do both nights if necessary.
Old 11-07-07, 11:33 AM   #23
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

So us AND the strippers?
Old 11-07-07, 03:28 PM   #24
shoppingbear

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
Bummer. I was just there this past weekend or I might have rescheduled my trip. I'll be up again in December the week before Christmas. You'll probably be too busy helping Jesus put the lights up though.
You moved out of Seattle?

Funny, I was also going to be up in Seattle this month, but... uh... I think I have to... oh yeah, I have to move my trip. Dammit. Soooo sorry.

"There is added visual entertainment with the flamethrower though. It's like a field of lighting bugs roaming merrily around the basement except, of course, they are on fire." --Dave99
"Here comes the battle of the stupid analogies" - Al Bundy "Otters are masters of stupid analogies." - Abelkems
Old 11-09-07, 06:18 PM   #25
mosquitobite
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My reservations are confirmed, and I have Nesbit's email so ya'll better not ditch me!