Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-17-07, 04:05 PM   #1
FantasticVSDoom
DVD Talk Legend

Need Some schoolin' on Toronto

So next weekend (Fri-Mon) Im going to be in Toronto for a Crossfit Certification, and need some help as to some things to do. It will just be myself (the wife won't be with me) and Ill have Friday, Sat, and Sunday night open. I think Ill be in the downtown area (Ill have to check exactly where). So any suggestions on restaurants, nightlife, theatres, maybe something halloween related, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how cold is it usually this time? Its actually been pretty mild here in NYC, and wondering if Toronto has been the same way.

And finally, how is public transportation? I have a good sense of direction, can figure maps out pretty well, and used to using PT, so will it be best to use that, or take taxi's and what not around?

"Fighting is the best thing a man can have in his soul."-Renzo Gracie
Old 10-17-07, 05:10 PM   #2
The Bus
DVD Talk Godfather

You need to be home schooled? I thought the Canadian education system was at least passable.

PSN: Chiwotweiler
Old 10-17-07, 07:32 PM   #3
Lateralus
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Subway is great, that took us wherever we needed to go.

I would check out the CN tower and have your picture taken on the glass floor, it is pretty cool. If you like hockey you could catch a game or check out the Hall of Fame.
Old 10-17-07, 08:12 PM   #4
tofu
DVD Talk Legend

I was there for a weekend in September. It was pretty mild. Mid 70s. Trolley system was great for getting around and there were lots and lots of restaurants to see.

I didn't do anything touristy since they had the Toronto Film Festival and Virgin Music Festival at the time.
Old 11-18-07, 03:07 PM   #5
tboogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
So next weekend (Fri-Mon) Im going to be in Toronto for a Crossfit Certification, and need some help as to some things to do. It will just be myself (the wife won't be with me) and Ill have Friday, Sat, and Sunday night open. I think Ill be in the downtown area (Ill have to check exactly where). So any suggestions on restaurants, nightlife, theatres, maybe something halloween related, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how cold is it usually this time? Its actually been pretty mild here in NYC, and wondering if Toronto has been the same way.

And finally, how is public transportation? I have a good sense of direction, can figure maps out pretty well, and used to using PT, so will it be best to use that, or take taxi's and what not around?
How was the cert? I went to the one in Golden, CO in May and loved it. Now I'm going to the barbell cert in Wichita Falls next month. Good to see another CF junkie on DVDTalk!
Old 11-18-07, 04:14 PM   #6
FantasticVSDoom
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboogie
How was the cert? I went to the one in Golden, CO in May and loved it. Now I'm going to the barbell cert in Wichita Falls next month. Good to see another CF junkie on DVDTalk!
Nice... Yeah the cert was amazing. Never thought I would learn so much in 2 days but I was just floored. Now Im saving up to go to a level 2 cert. Would also love to get to the barbell cert with Rip. Starting Strength is pretty much my bible

"Fighting is the best thing a man can have in his soul."-Renzo Gracie