Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 05-15-07, 12:56 PM   #1
The Edit King
DVD Talk Hero

What do you think the experience of physical death is like?

I'd say the actual step from this life into the after-this-life-life (for me anyways), is an AWESOME step...Indeed!

You see...

I had a dream one night, that I was working at my desk, and from outta nowhere, I suddenly became really weak. So weak, that I could no longer hold my head up, and my upper body started to lean over and onto the arm of my chair. The pressure of my weight on my ribs against the arm of the chair was so great, the pain that followed was severe. I let out a serious moan and yelled as loud as I could, "HELP ME, JESUS!!! THIS IS KILLING ME!!!", and at that moment, like in a 'wink of an eye', the pain immediately ceased, and I felt all my energy (or life-force if you will) slowly draining out of my body, from my head, down through my chest, and legs, and finally out through my feet. I started feeling these incredible rushes of adrenaline. They were so powerfully strong, it was as though I was paralyzed from them. The next thing I knew was that I was standing and facing a man that appeared dead, slumped over in a chair. That man was ME!!!

That started even stronger rushes, and in a moment of calmness (like a second in-between the rushes), I realized that I was somehow now outside my body. Just the thought that I had actually 'died', caused the chills to magnify in intensity. All of a sudden, I felt like I was being slowly turned around (kinda like what floating in a tractor beam might feel like), and when I stopped, I saw a Man sitting in a chair with His head bowed down. He slowly lifted it, and His eyes began to emit static particles, like the static you might see on a TV. These particles started to Shine really Bright. Brighter and Brighter they became until they were all individually Shining as Brightly as the Sun! The Light was so intense, it went completely through me. At that point, my eyes were turned around inside my head, and it was like I was looking into a white room that contained nothing but a dark ghost-like cloud floating in one corner. The Light continued to become Brighter and Brighter, and the Sun-like static particles multiplyed until the cloud-ghost-thing was completely consumed by the Light. There was no trace of it, as there was no darkness at all. The Light was so Powerfully Bright, no shadow could exist.

I was stunned something awful from everything that had happened when suddenly the particles either became less Bright, or I somehow adjusted to them, because I could now see the Man's face through the static. I then heard a voice coming from Him but His mouth wasn't moving. It was as though He was speaking from His mind directly to my mind. He said, "Why are you afraid?", and I thought, or asked Him, "What's happening to me?", and the voice continued to say, "It's Me. Why are you afraid?", and the rushes continued like waves of electrifying chills, and then the voice said, "I Am the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End", and that's when I went FULL TILT, and started to finally get a revelation with complete understanding of what was happening to me and who this Man was. It was the LORD!!!

FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!

Let me tell ya...

THAT was the day I learned what AWESOME really meant! &

A few 'Other Things' happened during that dream, and I'll tell ya all about it when I start my "CHURCH of the INNER MIND". &

So, the 'Death' experience for me wasn't ANYTHING like I could have ever expected and wasn't anything like I ever heard about throughout my life.

There was no loss of consciousness. I was totally aware of my surroundings at all times. I was completely comfortable and the climate was wonderful. I was not too hot or too cold. I felt perfect.

It was like I exhaled one breath, and was released from my body, and inhaled one breath that lasts forever.

-Paul

Last edited by The Edit King; 05-15-07 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Because that's what I do.
Old 05-15-07, 01:00 PM   #2
VinVega
Administrator

I think if we really knew what happened, people would be a lot less afraid. How do you really know something until you've experienced it?
Old 05-15-07, 01:01 PM   #3
RunBandoRun
Needs to contact Admin about multiple accounts

Location: Formerly know as"Vibiana"/Living in a van down by the river
Let's ask Jerry Falwell. The know-it-all S.O.B. always had an answer for every other question.
Old 05-15-07, 01:02 PM   #4
Mrs. Danger
DVD Talk Legend

I think it will be incredibly interesting, but go by too fast to really observe. If you really only get to do it once, that would be disappointing.
Old 05-15-07, 01:08 PM   #5
Th0r S1mpson
DVD Talk Hero

When the last cracker is removed from the box
Sorry fills my heart
Breath leaves my lungs
Mourning sets in like fresh dew in grassy fields.

But that last bite
So sweet
I savor the salt
Then gone.

I know what it is like
To have had and then have lost
In the absence I hold to promise
Of another cracker box.

http://savejace.info/
Old 05-15-07, 01:10 PM   #6
kaze0
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's like reaching the end of the toilet paper just after yyou poop.
Old 05-15-07, 01:30 PM   #7
wendersfan

Ever increasing numbness.
"You concentrate on the sad wanna be hooliganism and let us worry about the actual soccer." - rocketsauce (final score: Columbus 2-Chicago 1)
Old 05-15-07, 01:46 PM   #8
matta
Banned

LSD = bad, paul.
Old 05-15-07, 01:58 PM   #9
lordwow
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It'd probably be awkward, but I'd hope my family would sue whatever doctor it was.

Physical Death... get it?
Old 05-15-07, 02:02 PM   #10
lotsofdvds
Suspended

I think its like warm apple pie.
Old 05-15-07, 04:02 PM   #11
rw2516
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think it's like when being put under for surgery. They tell you to count backward from 100 and you only make to 98.
Old 05-15-07, 05:48 PM   #12
Kudama
Banned

Depending on the cause I would think it would differ.
Nitrous Oxide assisted asphyxiation would feel fun and you would be laughing before you died.
Having your head cut off quickly would knock you out I hope (you might feel a slight pinch) but having it sawed slowly off would suck. Not only would it hurt but you would be drowning in your own blood.
Drowning would be frustrating and extremely painful.
A heart attack would hurt like hell but a stroke is just like skipping through lala land.
Getting hit by a car or train or bus could vary with speed and mass. I hope it would just be instant numbness but at some mass/speeds it could be agonizing.
Explosions vary. You's want the highly concussive kind that knock you out and vaporize you in an instant not the billowing flame kind or shrapnel kind.
Being burned alive can't end quickly enough. Here is where shock can be your friend. You can always try to get some big lungfuls of smoke before the flames reach you but that ain't gonna feel too good either.
Falling from a great height is the same as the car/train/bus thing.
Being eaten alive would probably hurt a lot, depending on what parts get eaten first.
Falling in acid would KILL albeit very briefly
Getting shot also depends on the body part in question.
Getting disemboweled is the WORST from what I understand.

In any case, after that it's like Star Wars. You remain invisible until someone throws a big Ewok party and then you stand around glowing and smirking knowingly.
Old 05-15-07, 05:52 PM   #13
bdshort

I suppose that depends how you die. I scuba dive for fun, and I'm also a volunteer firefighter, and I know for sure I wouldn't want to die doing either of those things!
Old 05-15-07, 06:57 PM   #14
The Cow
DVD Talk Legend

THEEK
Old 05-15-07, 07:20 PM   #15
The Bus
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort
I suppose that depends how you die. I scuba dive for fun, and I'm also a volunteer firefighter, and I know for sure I wouldn't want to die doing either of those things!
But they cancel each other out! It's like my two hobbies: swimming in big vat of antivenom and petting Cobras pantsless!

PSN: Chiwotweiler
Old 05-15-07, 07:44 PM   #16
movielib
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
I expect the experience of dying to be something. I expect the "experience" of death to be nothing.
Old 05-15-07, 10:35 PM   #17
movielib
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edit King
I'd say the actual step from this life into the after-this-life-life (for me anyways), is an AWESOME step...Indeed!

You see...

I had a dream one night, that I was working at my desk, and from outta nowhere, I suddenly became really weak. So weak, that I could no longer hold my head up, and my upper body started to lean over and onto the arm of my chair. The pressure of my weight on my ribs against the arm of the chair was so great, the pain that followed was severe. I let out a serious moan and yelled as loud as I could, "HELP ME, JESUS!!! THIS IS KILLING ME!!!", and at that moment, like in a 'wink of an eye', the pain immediately ceased, and I felt all my energy (or life-force if you will) slowly draining out of my body, from my head, down through my chest, and legs, and finally out through my feet. I started feeling these incredible rushes of adrenaline. They were so powerfully strong, it was as though I was paralyzed from them. The next thing I knew was that I was standing and facing a man that appeared dead, slumped over in a chair. That man was ME!!!

That started even stronger rushes, and in a moment of calmness (like a second in-between the rushes), I realized that I was somehow now outside my body. Just the thought that I had actually 'died', caused the chills to magnify in intensity. All of a sudden, I felt like I was being slowly turned around (kinda like what floating in a tractor beam might feel like), and when I stopped, I saw a Man sitting in a chair with His head bowed down. He slowly lifted it, and His eyes began to emit static particles, like the static you might see on a TV. These particles started to Shine really Bright. Brighter and Brighter they became until they were all individually Shining as Brightly as the Sun! The Light was so intense, it went completely through me. At that point, my eyes were turned around inside my head, and it was like I was looking into a white room that contained nothing but a dark ghost-like cloud floating in one corner. The Light continued to become Brighter and Brighter, and the Sun-like static particles multiplyed until the cloud-ghost-thing was completely consumed by the Light. There was no trace of it, as there was no darkness at all. The Light was so Powerfully Bright, no shadow could exist.

I was stunned something awful from everything that had happened when suddenly the particles either became less Bright, or I somehow adjusted to them, because I could now see the Man's face through the static. I then heard a voice coming from Him but His mouth wasn't moving. It was as though He was speaking from His mind directly to my mind. He said, "Why are you afraid?", and I thought, or asked Him, "What's happening to me?", and the voice continued to say, "It's Me. Why are you afraid?", and the rushes continued like waves of electrifying chills, and then the voice said, "I Am the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End", and that's when I went FULL TILT, and started to finally get a revelation with complete understanding of what was happening to me and who this Man was. It was the LORD!!!

FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!

Let me tell ya...

THAT was the day I learned what AWESOME really meant! &

A few 'Other Things' happened during that dream, and I'll tell ya all about it when I start my "CHURCH of the INNER MIND". &

So, the 'Death' experience for me wasn't ANYTHING like I could have ever expected and wasn't anything like I ever heard about throughout my life.

There was no loss of consciousness. I was totally aware of my surroundings at all times. I was completely comfortable and the climate was wonderful. I was not too hot or too cold. I felt perfect.

It was like I exhaled one breath, and was released from my body, and inhaled one breath that lasts forever.

-Paul
You know, you gave away the ending with all those capital letters for That Guy.
Old 05-15-07, 10:55 PM   #18
Kudama
Banned

I know! THEEK, use spoilers!
Old 05-15-07, 11:01 PM   #19
CrusaderU.2.K.

Death is just a term for , " Someone has fallen asleep " , the dead , the world of the dead, has died, not living. What the experience of physical death is?

Why would you want to know, yet alone why not talk about living lol
Old 05-23-07, 07:56 PM   #20
Mark Thompson

http://www.cfpf.org.uk/

Believe of it what you will.
Old 05-25-07, 02:17 PM   #21
Mark Thompson

This is a nice link: http://durkheim7.freehostia.com/
Old 05-25-07, 02:24 PM   #22
GoVegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderU.2.K.
Why would you want to know, yet alone why not talk about living lol
The best revenge is living lol.
Old 05-25-07, 02:30 PM   #23
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-25-07, 02:38 PM   #24
The Edit King
DVD Talk Hero

OH MAN!!! &

(BTW: Thanks, Mark...for those SERIOUSLY G-R-E-A-T links & Wise sayings! I sincerely appreciate it. )

-FOR THEEK'S SAKE!

Last edited by The Edit King; 05-25-07 at 02:42 PM.