Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 03-20-07, 11:16 AM   #1
RunBandoRun
Needs to contact Admin about multiple accounts

Location: Formerly know as"Vibiana"/Living in a van down by the river
YAET: Ebayer sells stroke-impaired aunt's belongings without permission

If you have an eBay account, I hope you will send this bitch a NASTY note.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/11299223/detail.html?taf=burg

Woman's Prize Possessions Sold On eBay Without Permission
Target 11 Investigates

POSTED: 6:16 pm EDT March 19, 2007
UPDATED: 6:58 am EDT March 20, 2007

PITTSBURGH -- Betty Ranallo recently found out her collection of Lenox crystal cats and other prized possessions are being sold on eBay against her will.

Ranallo, 81, suffered a stroke two years ago and lives in a nursing home.

Ranallo's niece Robin McKitrick admits in an interview she's the one doing the selling.

When asked why, McKitrick said, “Cause she’s gonna be in a nursing home for the rest of her life.”

McKitrick told Channel 11 Target 11 investigator Karen Welles that she hasn’t talked to Betty in ages.

Welles found McKitrick trying to sell Ranallo’s items under the name “Robin is poor 321.”

McKitrick claims she is using half the money she makes to pay her bills and the other half for a fund for Ranallo.

Ranallo said she hasn’t received a dime.

"Robinispoor321" has been changed to "gotohelloldlady32." Go get 'er. I know Otters can do it!
Old 03-20-07, 11:24 AM   #2
starman9000
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, she really changed her name to that? That is messed up.
Old 03-20-07, 11:45 AM   #3
Tarantino
DVD Talk Legend

From me...

"Are you that little gunt who is selling her aunt's stuff without her permission? Tsk, tsk."

= J

XBox Live - Kleeberg
Old 03-20-07, 11:59 AM   #4
Lateralus
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What a bitch! It's sad to see how people neglect the elderly. There was an article out a couple years ago how people would not claim the body after their loved ones died so they would not have to pay for a funeral. WTF! One particular occasion the family did get money from the inheritance but they did not pay for the funeral because they wanted a new kitchen. I really hope hell has a special place for these type of people.
Old 03-20-07, 12:31 PM   #5
RunBandoRun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantino
From me...

"Are you that little gunt who is selling her aunt's stuff without her permission? Tsk, tsk."

= J
Thank you. I'm bumping this thread so more people will tell this lady off. If I had an eBay account, I sure would.
Old 03-20-07, 12:52 PM   #6
Lurker Gal

People like that deserve to go to hell. This reminds me of a family that lived several houses away from me who has since moved away. My neighbor told me that the wife's father was a well respected, and much loved, congressman and was pretty comfortable financially. When he got sick, supposedly she moved in with her husband and kids to take care of him. No sooner after that she shipped him off to some substandard nursing home, never to be heard of again while the family lived in his house. When he passed away, she held the funeral at a rec room at a local church because she didn't want to pay for a funeral home. She did all of this to make sure that she got all of his money.
Old 03-20-07, 12:54 PM   #7
atari2600
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus
What a bitch! It's sad to see how people neglect the elderly. There was an article out a couple years ago how people would not claim the body after their loved ones died so they would not have to pay for a funeral. WTF! One particular occasion the family did get money from the inheritance but they did not pay for the funeral because they wanted a new kitchen. I really hope hell has a special place for these type of people.
wow, i hope they go to hell when they die. but before that i hope they suffer as elderly and have no one to help them. let them be stuck in a retirement home alone with no visitors and no loved ones around.
Old 03-20-07, 03:02 PM   #8
RunBandoRun

She's replied to a couple of my online friends so far, extremely nastily.
Old 03-20-07, 03:02 PM   #9
atari2600
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

what did she say?
Old 03-20-07, 03:04 PM   #10
RunBandoRun

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari2600
what did she say?
Unprintable, just telling them to mind their own f'in business, that kind of thing.
Old 03-20-07, 03:05 PM   #11
atari2600
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

unprintable? ah comeon...it cant be THAT bad
Old 03-20-07, 03:09 PM   #12
Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeat
Old 03-20-07, 03:14 PM   #13
Tarantino
DVD Talk Legend

Heh...in response to the one I sent...

"YEAH AND I KNOW HOW TO SPELL DIRTY WORDS DUMB ASS"

...and my reply...

"Gunt (noun):

This is a combo of gut and ****. The gunt is the huge layer of belly fat that hangs over the waist on morbidly obese women and covers the vagina. If for some reason, someone would actually want to have sex with this woman, the gunt must be lifted up out of the way to expose the genitals.

i.e. Hey Tommy, I want to bag that fat woman at the bar....Well, I'll be your wingman, I'll be there with the jaws of life to move her gunt out of the way so you can work it."

= J

XBox Live - Kleeberg
Old 03-20-07, 05:36 PM   #14
CreamyGoodness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibiana
Thank you. I'm bumping this thread so more people will tell this lady off. If I had an eBay account, I sure would.
You could set one up in about two minutes.

I've had an eBay account for over 5 years, but why would I care about this. Besides, using it to harass another user is, I'm sure, frowned on by eBay.

Personally, I would hope that by the time I get to be 81, material goods wouldn't matter that much to me. Also, you can't get the whole story from a short story in a newspaper. Who knows if this woman took care of her aunt at some point? Who knows if this woman wasn't told by her aunt that she could do what she wanted with these things, only now doesn't remember after having a stroke. It does seem to be one of those nonsense stories that the media likes to latch onto.

I'm filing this under "minding my own business".
Old 03-20-07, 05:39 PM   #15
CreamyGoodness
Banned

Quote:
Heh...in response to the one I sent...

"YEAH AND I KNOW HOW TO SPELL DIRTY WORDS DUMB ASS"

...and my reply...

"Gunt (noun):

This is a combo of gut and ****. The gunt is the huge layer of belly fat that hangs over the waist on morbidly obese women and covers the vagina. If for some reason, someone would actually want to have sex with this woman, the gunt must be lifted up out of the way to expose the genitals.

i.e. Hey Tommy, I want to bag that fat woman at the bar....Well, I'll be your wingman, I'll be there with the jaws of life to move her gunt out of the way so you can work it."

= J
I think I have a gock........

Old 03-20-07, 07:02 PM   #16
gilbertr76
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
The gunt is the huge layer of belly fat that hangs over the waist on morbidly obese women and covers the vagina. If for some reason, someone would actually want to have sex with this woman, the gunt must be lifted up out of the way to expose the genitals.
Thank you for the mental image that will haunt me the rest of my life.
Old 03-20-07, 07:23 PM   #17
Numanoid
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
Personally, I would hope that by the time I get to be 81, material goods wouldn't matter that much to me. Also, you can't get the whole story from a short story in a newspaper. Who knows if this woman took care of her aunt at some point? Who knows if this woman wasn't told by her aunt that she could do what she wanted with these things, only now doesn't remember after having a stroke. It does seem to be one of those nonsense stories that the media likes to latch onto.
Agreed on all counts. CreamyGoodness has got me covered.
Old 03-20-07, 09:00 PM   #18
Altimus Prime

I saw this story on TV when it aired. As a journalist, I hate and generally avoid getting myself involved in family disputes.

I mean, is it sweeps time yet? The TV station is playing this up as this poor old woman, and her evil niece.

Ask yourself - how did the TV station become wise to this?

There is another side to the story. Always is. And for this one, it's in the TV station's interest to play down the other side, and play up the "victim's" emotional side, to draw on your heart strings, and make you watch.

One thing they did let slip through in this slanted report was that this old woman's stuff is piled up in storage. Who is paying for that storage? How long has it been there?

Don't condemn the niece when you don't know the full story. Not that this should be any of our concern in the first place.

P.S. What some of you are saying to this woman is disgusting.
Old 03-20-07, 09:05 PM   #19
Numanoid
DVD Talk Hero

Watch it, buddy. Never get in the way of a good mob.
Old 03-20-07, 09:15 PM   #20
lordzeppelin
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ahh....Pittsburgh. More and more people in this city make me sick. It becomes more ghetto each day...