Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 01-15-07, 04:18 PM   #1
The Edit King
DVD Talk Hero

No rest for the wicked? Do you sleep all night long, or wake up over & over again?

I can't remember the last time I slept an entire 2, or 3, or 4, or 5, or 6, or 7, or (a heavenly) 8 hours.

Repeatedly waking up and opening my eyes every time I toss and or turn, readjusting my position in ye ol' most comfortable memory foam-feather sack, I presume, during normal sleeping hours has sadly become commonplace for me.

...and sleeping pills don't do squat. Well, they kinda do squat, at first anyway, but after a little while (like within an hour or so), I wake up feeling like I've taken a tiny nap, and then the ol' mind kicks in and starts a thinkin', and I'm up until I finally wind down again, and that can take a few minutes when I'm lucky, but can and has taken hours when I'm not.

I'm soooooo tired.

Sure wish I could get a good night's sleep before I die.

-Paul

Last edited by The Edit King; 01-15-07 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-15-07, 04:33 PM   #2
TheNightFlier
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds like somebody needs a Sleep Number bed

Make sure you don't have anything to eat before you go to sleep.

My DVD Collection

XBL-Ohcrapifell
Old 01-15-07, 04:42 PM   #3
krkuhl
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

sorry, i took all of your good sleep mojo. it is routine for me to slep an ungodly amount of hours in a row. many times, i have the next day off after being on call. i will get home around 1-2 pm and go straight to bed and not wake up until the next morning around 6-7 for work. sorry
Old 01-15-07, 04:56 PM   #4
Kittydreamer
DVD Talk Legend

I get woken up several times throughout the night thanks to little boys, cats and someone's c-pap machine.
Old 01-15-07, 04:57 PM   #5
SPiRAL
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm with you Paul. I can't sleep an entire night with out waking up 3-4 times. Even with Melatonin, I still wake up.
Old 01-15-07, 05:14 PM   #6
atlantamoi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've just decided that 6 hours is going to be it and let it be. As long as I can function w/out headaches I'm okay. There was a time over 10 years ago that I'd sleep for 8 hours and feel like I only got 2. It was so bad that I went to an overnight sleep clinic at a hospital. They said I woke up 25 times during the night, but that that was normal!
Old 01-15-07, 05:16 PM   #7
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edit King
I can't remember the last time I slept an entire 2, or 3, or 4, or 5, or 6, or 7, or (a heavenly) 8 hours.

Repeatedly waking up and opening my eyes every time I toss and or turn, readjusting my position in ye ol' most comfortable memory foam-feather sack, I presume, during normal sleeping hours has sadly become commonplace for me.

...and sleeping pills don't do squat. Well, they kinda do squat, at first anyway, but after a little while (like within an hour or so), I wake up feeling like I've taken a tiny nap, and then the ol' mind kicks in and starts a thinkin', and I'm up until I finally wind down again, and that can take a few minutes when I'm lucky, but can and has taken hours when I'm not.

I'm soooooo tired.

Sure wish I could get a good night's sleep before I die.

-Paul
try drugs! works for me.

i still wake up a few times bc i go to the bathroom a lot bc of a minor prostate malfunction, but luckily i can fall back asleep.
Old 01-15-07, 05:18 PM   #8
Abelkems
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wake up several times during the night. The only time I can sleep without interruption, is if I self medicate, but I don't like to do that often.
Old 01-15-07, 05:58 PM   #9
Mrs. Danger
DVD Talk Legend

So take naps during the day.

The only thing that wakes me up in the middle of the night is Nick.
Old 01-15-07, 06:11 PM   #10
dtcarson
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wake up, usually at least once to pee, and once with the dog jingling. And my wife's alarm usually wakes me up before her, and once I wake up, it's very difficult for me to get back to sleep.
Old 01-15-07, 06:51 PM   #11
Lee Harvey Oswald

I haven't slept for 10 days...

Cause that would be too long.

Recently I've been waking up quite a bit. I think it's stress related. I've been stressing out about $$$ recently and I'll wake up in the middle of the night thinking that I hid some money somewhere but I can't remember where.
Old 01-15-07, 06:58 PM   #12
twikoff
DVD Talk God

sleep??

Im with you paul
i spend more time watching the clock that i do sleeping
Old 01-15-07, 07:10 PM   #13
Coral
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I used to have a horrible time sleeping. It would take me at least an hour to fall asleep, and I would rarely be sleeping more than 1.5 hours straight. I would wake up 4 -6 times throughout the night.

However in the last 1-2 years, about half the time I'd be able to sleep for 3-4 hours straight - which is a HUGE improvement for me. I'd say most of the time now I fall asleep in 30 minutes.

I wonder if age is the factor as I'm getting "up there" at 37.

How old are those who have a terrible time sleeping?
Old 01-15-07, 07:24 PM   #14
Emma311

I'm 23 & have had trouble sleeping for the last decade. I can't get to sleep & when I do it's in 1-2 hour increments all night. I swear I only get a good night's sleep when I get very drunk & pass out for 5 or 6 hours or if I do an ungodly amount of physical activity & then pass out. I've taken the tylenol pms & sometimes they help me get to sleep but then I still wake back up pretty quickly.
Old 01-15-07, 07:59 PM   #15
Minor Threat
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't slept more than 2 hours at a time for 16 years.....

*and I'm damn tired of it.....

Last edited by Minor Threat; 01-15-07 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-15-07, 09:15 PM   #16
cultshock
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wake up a lot (and look at the clock too). Overall, I'm a very light sleeper. But I'm usually not tired during the day, so I guess I'm ok. For me, quantity is more important than quality. As long as I get 8 hours, even if I wake up a lot, I'm good.
Old 01-15-07, 09:44 PM   #17
EdTheRipper
DVD Talk Legend

I usually sleep through the night without waking up. A typical night I get 6-7 hours in.
Old 01-15-07, 09:59 PM   #18
DVD Josh
DVD Talk Legend

I've started to wear earplugs when I sleep. They have helped. What doesn't help is that we cannot regulate the temperature in this shitty apartment. We go to sleep freezing and wake up sweating.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
Old 01-15-07, 10:03 PM   #19
monkey42

Until about 5 months ago, I used to be able to sleep all night (7 hours). Now wake up several times. Sometimes it's to pee, sometimes it's the cats making noise. Drugs help a little.
Old 01-16-07, 04:34 AM   #20
mndtrp
DVD Talk Legend

I've found I sleep better with a tab of Melatonin, a white noise machine, and a cold bedroom. Most of the time, I'll still wake up, roll over, and then go back to sleep.

I blame most of this on the fact that the girlfriend takes up most of the bed, and I'm nice enough to not elbow her in the face. When it's just me in there, which is pretty damn rarely, I can sleep all night and only wake up once.
Old 01-16-07, 07:24 AM   #21
The Bus
DVD Talk Godfather

Paul:

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you take any caffeine during the day? Do you exercise? How comfortable/clean is your bed? Do you do anything in there besides sleep (and the other thing)? For example, do you watch TV, eat, read? Is the room nice and cool? Is it quiet?

I usually sleep through each night. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night but its for 5 minutes at a time, at most.

PSN: Chiwotweiler
Old 01-16-07, 07:33 AM   #22
iggystar
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPiRAL
I'm with you Paul. I can't sleep an entire night with out waking up 3-4 times. Even with Melatonin, I still wake up.
Me too. Melatonin helps a little, but even when I've taken any pill (sleeping, cold medicine when I'm sick) I still wake up.
Old 01-16-07, 07:38 AM   #23
dadaluholla
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I go to sleep about 12:30 AM and wake up at 6:45 AM. I would say 98% of the time I sleep straight through the night. Sometimes the dogs wake me up.
Old 01-16-07, 07:44 AM   #24
Sabrett
DVD Talk Special Edition

I go to sleep at about 1:30am, and wake up at 6:45am....I sleep straight through most of the time, unless I have something on my mind. The funny thing is, if I have a day off and I sleep in late, I feel like total shit.
Old 01-16-07, 08:33 AM   #25
bodomnet

I've had insomnia for years.
But it seems to go for periods of time.. but at the moment im awake every hour because of this damn cold.
It feels like im swallowing knives ever time I drink!
Sponsored Links