Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-03-06, 12:16 AM   #26
Giantrobo
DVD Talk Hero
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 49,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushdog
It is a casino business, nothing more or less. The house always wins. They have failure data on the product and they set a price that guarantees a profit to them. Some people will win big and get $$$ value, and they smile as they fulfill the contract, because they know that all in all, they are going to win.
yep.

And I'm not saying they're bad because I've had to use them.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: Giantrobo
On my 4th 360 as of 3.26.10
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 01:02 AM   #27
Tarantino
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 14,794
I have to offer replacement plans at work. People rarely take them.

= J
__________________

XBox Live - Kleeberg
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 03:59 AM   #28
GreenMonkey
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
GreenMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 4,158
EBgames has been doing this for a while. However, a $2 charge on a $50 game (especially if it is being given to a kid) is a lot different than a $2 charge on a $10 CD.
__________________
"The study of history is the best medicine for a sick mind; for in history you have a record of the infinite variety of human experience plainly set out for all to see; and in that record you can find yourself and your country both examples and warnings; fine things to take as models, base things rotten through and through, to avoid." - Livy
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 11:55 AM   #29
fujishig
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 15,967
I thought these replacement plans usually don't cover "accidents." So you can't just break the CD in half yourself, tell them that you did so, and get a replacement. So I always thought it was useless, because about all it would then cover are defects or equipment malfunction that somehow ruined the disk.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 12:10 PM   #30
4KRG
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 15,671
Would anyone here like to purchase a protection plan on the text in any of their posts in the other forum?*

For $5 per post (UNLIMITED CHARACTERS) I will ensure that should the contents of the post become unreable for any reason, I will email you the exact text of the post within 48 hours. FOR ONE FULL YEAR from the date of original post.

What do you say? This is a bargain to insure your post.

* - offer does not apply to any forum on DVDtalk except "Other"

(I am really am surprised Geoff hasn't done this one yet )
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 12:22 PM   #31
Th0r S1mpson
DVD Talk Hero
 
Th0r S1mpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 36,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4KRG
Would anyone here like to purchase a protection plan on the text in any of their posts in the other forum?*

For $5 per post (UNLIMITED CHARACTERS) I will ensure that should the contents of the post become unreable for any reason, I will email you the exact text of the post within 48 hours. FOR ONE FULL YEAR from the date of original post.

What do you say? This is a bargain to insure your post.

* - offer does not apply to any forum on DVDtalk except "Other"

(I am really am surprised Geoff hasn't done this one yet )
Sadly, the 1 year term has expired on my 4-6K posts that were deleted. Too bad, you could have made $20-30K.
__________________

http://savejace.info/
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 07:54 PM   #32
tsohg
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopower
How about not using the CD as a coaster or not wiping your ass with it? Damn, it's not that hard to take care of a CD. None of my DVD's or CD's are scratched. I don't understand why when I rent a DVD it looks like the family that had it before played frisbee with it after the movie was over. People are stupid.
Hey I have some CDs that function better as toilet paper than they do as a musical disc. So if it's not too much piss in your Cheerios I will continue to wipe my ass with my Black Eyed Peas and R Kelly cd thank you very much.
__________________
-You went full retard, man. Never go full retard.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 02:52 PM   #33
Goldblum
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 5,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz
I bought a cd at Circuit City last nite and the clerk asked me if I wanted the buyer protection plan for the cd. After I gave him a confused/are you kidding me look, he explained that for only $1.99 I could replace the cd if it got scratched. What the hell will they think of next? Buyer protection on the soda I took from the end cap.
Haha, yep. They gave me this routine when I bought a Kenny Chesney DVD for my dad. It was like 9.99. "You can get protection on this DVD for $1.99." I told him I'd think about it and walked out.
__________________
cpgator: You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
crm114: I guess not.


Movies by the MINUTE
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 07:48 PM   #34
al_bundy
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: in da cloud
Posts: 26,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopower
How about not using the CD as a coaster or not wiping your ass with it? Damn, it's not that hard to take care of a CD. None of my DVD's or CD's are scratched. I don't understand why when I rent a DVD it looks like the family that had it before played frisbee with it after the movie was over. People are stupid.

When i took my CD's out to the field while in the army they got scratched while in the case. When I took them out to the california desert and Saudi Arabia they came back with sand on them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 04:21 PM   #35
NotThatGuy
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,062
stupid sand.

-p
__________________
Everyone is against racial profiling....unless it is called Affirmative Action. -kvrdave
Coors Light is sex in a canoe. Natural Light is masturbating in a puddle. -The Bus
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-06, 05:07 PM   #36
al_bundy
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: in da cloud
Posts: 26,196
too bad they don't have buyer protection on wives. Like if you don't like it, just give it back and forget about it.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.