Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 09-27-05, 06:06 PM   #1
BigPete
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any cheap hotel recommendations for Dublin?

I'm thinking about a trip to Ireland ... has anyone been? I'm trying to find a place to stay downtown where I'd be in the heart of the pub action - a place with good character where a guy could wander around and get drunk for a few days.
"What, are you kidding? Leviticus is an action packed thrill a minute! From the beginning where the lord tells Moses how to properly sacrifice animals (with much talk of blood and killing and the word "asunder" used a couple of times), to the very end where he's telling Moses what the value of a human being is, insofar as how much he should give to priests. And the bit in the middle about how everyone should keep their clothes on? Wow, just WOW, that's all I have to say." -Otto
Old 09-27-05, 09:37 PM   #2
NotThatGuy
DVD Talk Hero

Paging bdb.......
Old 09-28-05, 03:18 AM   #3
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

never been...

Jury's Inn is probably your best bet.
Old 09-28-05, 03:39 AM   #4
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

If you are not too concerned see what dates and prices come up for the hotels here

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelinean...opicID=2.topic

Its how to use priceline to your advantage, I've used it a lot in the US, and in italy,
you can see the list of hotels there, and then you can see people post prices and dates they got.
Old 09-28-05, 08:37 AM   #5
Dr. D

The Jurys chain is the way to go- they have several hotels all over the city. I stayed in July at their newest one at Parnell Square for 79 a night. The Jury's at Christchurch Cathedral is the closest to Temple Bar, where most of the loud pubs are. They do tend to get a lot of tour groups there so they can be busy, but they are good value. There are several other smaller, cheaper places to stay (mostly north of the Liffey on Gardiner St, near the big bus station) but that neighborhood is not so great. Check out www.jurys.com and it will show the prices for all their hotels at once.

If you're looking to spend a little more, I highly recommend the Brooks Hotel. Very central location and their new renovations are great- plasma TVs and a TV mounted into the tiles in the bathtub. Plus they have speakers in the ceiling of the bathroom so you can listen to the radio while you take a shower. They also had heated mirrors, so when the bathroom gets steamy the mirrors don't fog up. We got a rate of just under $200 a night from Expedia when we went in 2004.

Oh, and what you've heard is true- the Guinness is WAY better there than anywhere else on earth.