DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 07-08-06, 01:47 PM   #76
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The ones I've been listening to the most are

The Junkies - a radio talk show from DC which is completely hilarious. It's a foursome of guys who are old friends. It sounds like a roundtable of my own homies

The Hollywood Saloon - A very comprehensive look at cinema. The podcasts are long and sometimes they'll have a "master class" episode featuring one director.

Geekdrome - All things geek. Movies, trailers, video games, comics, just fun.
Old 07-09-06, 01:58 AM   #77
DVD Talk Legend

I only listen to music ones, as I'm not a fan of talk radio.

The Essence
Industrial Radio
Trance Tuesdays
Metal Injection
Old 07-09-06, 05:47 AM   #78
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChuang
ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike in the Morning and The Herd with Colin Cowherd (through ESPN Insider subscription)
I especially love ESPN Radio's shows because Mike Greenberg, Mike Golic and Colin Cowherd can be quite funny at times.
Mike & Mike is so much better online than when it airs on ESPN Radio and ESPN2 because you don't have the commercial breaks (which seem to be longer and more numerous than a typical TV show) and the sports news updates getting in the way. The 4-hour show usually clocks in at about 120-130 minutes after the excess stuff is removed.

I enjoy Shane R. Monroe's shows:

Retrogaming Radio-covers classic video gaming along with some modern gaming news
DualScreen Radio-Nintendo DS news and game reviews
Old 07-09-06, 10:57 AM   #79
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Mike & Mike is so much better online than when it airs on ESPN Radio and ESPN2 because you don't have the commercial breaks (which seem to be longer and more numerous than a typical TV show) and the sports news updates getting in the way. The 4-hour show usually clocks in at about 120-130 minutes after the excess stuff is removed.
I've taped Mike & Mike in the Morning on ESPN2 and fast-forward on your VCR is your friend. With this show going back full-time on ESPN2 starting this coming week (thanks to the end of French Open tennis, World Cup soccer and Wimbledon tennis, all of which forced the program back to ESPNews at times), I will likely download the podcast of this show far less and download The Herd with Colin Cowherd regularly.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Old 07-09-06, 05:10 PM   #80
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
You really think so? I listen to this and I don't think he's more pro-censorship. He keeps harping on net neutrality on this podcast, so I don't see where you're getting that from. I do agree it's not as interesting as TWiT, but that's only because he's making a show for a general radio audience.
Well to be fair, I haven't listened consistantly since last December to that podcast. I was concerned at last week's TWiT when he was playing devil's advocate about Net Neutrality because it reminded me of quite a few rants he made last year about "protecting his children" (which is understandable to some degrees, but some of the other things he was complaining about like YouTube and MySpace were a bit off the wall IMHO). So maybe he's improved, I'd love to listen but I find it easier to generally just read his show notes now, plus it's a really long podcast and they come out 2 at a time.

So maybe I was a bit harsh on him, he seems like a great guy anyway, I just think that he seems a bit hypocritical at times between his views on KFI and TWiT, but if he's being more consistant now maybe I'll re-add it to my download list and listen if I have some free time.
Old 07-09-06, 05:26 PM   #81
DVD Talk Legend

I listen to a bunch, but my favorites haven't changed much from the last time I posted in Feb.

Video:
Digital Life TV
Cranky Geeks
Buzz Report
Reel Deel (Austin movie reviewers)
Ask A Ninja
Tikibar TV

Audio:
Twit
Buzz Out Loud
1up Yours
NPR Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me
Point Of Inquiry
Ebert and Roeper
Podquiz
Onion Radio News

Last edited by darkside; 07-09-06 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-12-06, 06:56 PM   #82
DVD Talk Legend

does anybody subscribe to Penn Jillette's podcast through iTunes?

for me, the most recent episode shows up as June 29.
Old 07-12-06, 08:29 PM   #83
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I use the program Juice to manage mine instead of itunes.

I'm currently subscribed to: The Signal (a Firefly one)
Catholic Insider
Catholic Rockers
The Round Table
The Bear's Grove Podcast (this and the roundtable are
both about tabletop roleplaying. This one analyzes
things a bit more and talks about mythic
significance of things etc.)
After Serenity (a roleplaying podcast set in the Serenity universe)

Based on things in this thread i have added the open source sex and point of inquiry to check out.
I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory... and I didn't have a good time.

Live gamertag: xmiyux
Old 08-12-06, 05:36 PM   #84
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just found two podcast that I thought I should share

If you like traveling or just dreaming about where in the world you would like to go. I would recommend Rick Steves podcast.

I found another great movie podcast. Mean Dawg top five movie podcast. http://meandawg.com/news/category/podcasts/
Old 08-12-06, 05:50 PM   #85
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have since unsubscribed to all the rpg ones and now get Naughty Sheets, Penn Jilette (sp?), Rosary Army, Sex is Fun, and Daily Breakfast.
I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory... and I didn't have a good time.

Old 08-12-06, 07:22 PM   #86
DVD Talk Special Edition

Let's see my audio podcasts in order of preference

Keith and the Girl
This Week in Tech
DL.TV
Diggnation
Gamespot
PC Gamer
Geekdrome
What's New Now
The Onion Radio News
Phone Losers of America
The ****** Podcast

I have tried a ton of others but these are what get me through my work day.
Old 10-18-06, 12:10 PM   #87
DVD Talk Legend

I was going to start a new thread, but I thought that I would bump this instead.

I just got a new video ipod, so can someone give me some suggestions for video podcasts (or vidcasts, or video netcasts, or whatever)? I listed my favorite podcasts earlier in the thread, but I like tech and sports for the most part.

Also, where are some good places on the web for vidcasts? iTunes Canada still doesn't sell TV shows for ipods, AFAIK.
Old 10-22-06, 02:34 PM   #88
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There is Firefly Radio drama called Old Wounds that is pretty good. I think it is episode four or five now but they have all the old episodes also.
Old 10-22-06, 03:16 PM   #89
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
There is Firefly Radio drama called Old Wounds that is pretty good. I think it is episode four or five now but they have all the old episodes also.
Any place where i can get the feed information so i can subscribe to it through Juice?

Old 10-22-06, 03:41 PM   #90
DVD Talk Legend

Are there any funny customer podcasts (I work in customer service) ... i.e. tech support?

Also how do I burn podcasts onto DVD so I can take them to work and watch on my portable DVD player?

Thanks!
Old 10-22-06, 07:32 PM   #91
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmiyux
Any place where i can get the feed information so i can subscribe to it through Juice?
Here is the feed
http://serenityfirefly.com/firefly_old_wounds_rss.php
Old 10-22-06, 07:40 PM   #92
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Are there any funny customer podcasts (I work in customer service) ... i.e. tech support?

Also how do I burn podcasts onto DVD so I can take them to work and watch on my portable DVD player?

Thanks!
Do you have a DVD burner? If so it probably came with burning software, but you can use CD Burner XP pro which is freeware and rather good, probably one of the best freeware burning tools around. You have to be a complete idiot not to be able to figure out.

Oh wait do you actually have any podcast? Most have no video on them but some do. Most are just mp3 files. Oh and your dvd player will need to be able to play whatever format the video podcast is in unless you are just using it to play mp3 files.
Old 10-22-06, 08:40 PM   #93
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have been really digging on the sex is fun podcast (www.greatsexgames.com) It's pretty interesting and informative. Someone on this board also recommended Naughty Sheets which is an audio erotica podcast and is pretty good.

Any other decent erotica casts anyone would recommend? I'm also looking for anything that might have a long continuing storyline like a radio serial. Any recommendations?

Old 10-22-06, 09:21 PM   #94
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess this is the best thread for it...
TWiT to end?

Quote:
It's about 80 degrees out - in all likelyhood the last nice day of summer in Northern California - so all the TWiTs decided to play hookey. At the same time. Unfortunately that means there will be no show tonight.

It's my turn to play hookey next week. I'm off on a Geek Cruise next Friday, and will be gone through November 4, so there will be no TWiT next week either.

I'll decide what happens to TWiT, the show, when I come back, but at this point it looks like it's on life support and the heart monitor is flatlining.

Meanwhile, enjoy our first this WEEK in LAW with Denise Howell, and thanks for listening. I'll put it up on the TWiT feed in place of TWiT later tonight.
Old 10-22-06, 09:32 PM   #95
DVD Talk Hero

I saw that too lordwow. My feeling is that since the two biggies (John and Patrick) weren't being paid, they were treating it as a hobby, which pissed Leo off. He was working his ass off getting the servers back up all last week, and I can understand his frustration with them.

I'd like for him to can them in favor of new guests. It would be a shame to lose Dvorak, but hey.
Old 10-23-06, 07:44 AM   #96
DVD Talk Legend

For me, lose Dvorak and I'd start listening to the show again.
Old 10-23-06, 05:28 PM   #97
DVD Talk Legend

Without Dvorak, I'd stop listening altogether. To me, Cranky Geeks is much better than TWIT now, especially when TWIT has Jerry Pournelle. I cannot listen to anything he says.
Old 10-23-06, 05:32 PM   #98
DVD Talk Special Edition

[QUOTE=xmiyux]
Any other decent erotica casts anyone would recommend? QUOTE]

I would recommend Open Source Sex
Old 10-23-06, 05:46 PM   #99
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmiyux
I have been really digging on the sex is fun podcast (www.greatsexgames.com) It's pretty interesting and informative. Someone on this board also recommended Naughty Sheets which is an audio erotica podcast and is pretty good.

Any other decent erotica casts anyone would recommend? I'm also looking for anything that might have a long continuing storyline like a radio serial. Any recommendations?

I found this link that lists all the sex podcasts.

http://www.tinynibbles.com/sexpodcasts.htm
Old 10-27-06, 06:45 PM   #100
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Good news, Leo Laporte says TWIT isn't completely dead yet. http://www.twit.tv/2006/10/25/ok_ok

"The cake is a lie"