Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 06-05-05, 02:13 PM   #1
Baron Of Hell
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Washington Gun laws transport

I having trouble finding info on a legal way to transport a gun in Washington state. Lets say you buy it and then come back to take it home or are on your way to the shooting range. Do you have to keep the bullets away from the gun? Does the gun need to be in a box, the glove, under the seat or in the trunk and what if you don't have a trunk?

I found plenty of info on what you need to do to buy and own a gun but nothing on transportation.

Oh yeah we do have to have concealed weapon permits to carry a concealed weapon but does that mean one could carry it in the open without a permit?
Old 06-05-05, 02:52 PM   #2
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

You don't have a trunk to transport a gun? Are you on a motorcycle or something?

The laws have to do with ACCESS to the firearm. So, if you put it in a box, and it's locked so no one can just open it, you would be fine. Separating ammunition from the weapon is also an extra step to show you are being cautious.

I'm not a WSPO, so you might call the Washington State Police to get an idea.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 06-05-05, 03:00 PM   #3
BigPete
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

1. Mount pilar on dash.
2. Load gun.
3. Place gun on dash such that pillar is threaded through trigger guard.
4. Speed around pulling Gs in many directions.
5. ...
6. Profit.
"What, are you kidding? Leviticus is an action packed thrill a minute! From the beginning where the lord tells Moses how to properly sacrifice animals (with much talk of blood and killing and the word "asunder" used a couple of times), to the very end where he's telling Moses what the value of a human being is, insofar as how much he should give to priests. And the bit in the middle about how everyone should keep their clothes on? Wow, just WOW, that's all I have to say." -Otto
Old 06-05-05, 03:16 PM   #4
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

You can carry in the open without a permit, except for places like schools, court houses etc. Oddly enough, you can carry in the State Capital. They installed metal detectors after 9/11 but didn't stop anyone from bringing in guns if they wanted to. They just got rid of the metal detectors as well. You can have it on the front seat, if you don't have a concealed weapons permit and be fine. I wouldn't have it loaded, but that is for other reasons.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baronís cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 06-05-05, 03:48 PM   #5
Baron Of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
You don't have a trunk to transport a gun? Are you on a motorcycle or something?
Yeah a SUV. Trucks, jeeps, and vans also don't have trunks just backseats. Oh and the little area to put groceries which I guess is trunk like but is it a trunk. hmmmm maybe it is.
Old 06-05-05, 04:11 PM   #6
OldDude
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave
They installed metal detectors after 9/11 but didn't stop anyone from bringing in guns if they wanted to. They just got rid of the metal detectors as well.
So, what were the metal detectors doing? Making sure no one brought a knife to a gun fight?
Old 06-05-05, 09:47 PM   #7
mikehunt
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
let me get a link
Old 06-05-05, 09:49 PM   #8
mikehunt
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/washington
Quote:
Car/Gun law summary

Date updated: Tuesday, January 4, 2005

RCW 9.41.050

(2): A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (a) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (b) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (c) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

RCW 77.15.460:

(1) A person is guilty of unlawful possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle if: (a) The person carries, transports, conveys, possesses, or controls a rifle or shotgun in or on a motor vehicle; and (b) The rifle or shotgun contains shells or cartridges in the magazine or chamber, or is a muzzle-loading firearm that is loaded and capped or primed. [...] (5) For purposes of this section, a firearm shall not be considered loaded if the detachable clip or magazine is not inserted in or attached to the firearm.

Federal Law on the Transportation of Firearms. Title 18 U.S.C. Section 926A
http://search.leg.wa.gov/wslrcw/RCW%...%20chapter.htm

http://www.lcav.org/states/washington.asp
Old 06-05-05, 10:19 PM   #9
Baron Of Hell

Thanks for the info