Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 05-11-05, 01:37 AM   #1
glassdragon
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Best place to buy big and tall clothing online

Didn't see a thread on this and wasn't sure where this would belong. Decided it was not needed in hot deals because of course it's not a hot deal (even though people post topics like this there all the time) Anyways

I am looking for a good place to buy shirts specifically as I am not THAT big and can still find pants and stuff at the local stores. Just that shirts are always too short for me. The local store here has shirts, but they're 25 bucks a piece. I really don't want to pay that much for 1 shirt. I did find a few online and this is what i can figure so far
http://www.bigandtallguys.com/index.mgi

they have shirts for 10.50 but the shipping is 8.50. If that's for the whole order than that's not too bad if you buy like 5 items. The website looks like of badly done so i'm not sure of it's validity. Has anyone shopped here that can vouge for it before i use my credit card on it?

http://www.bigtalldirect.com/

Once again the site looks kind of cheaply made so it's a bit suspect to me. Their shirts are a bit more at 13 to 14 dollars and shipping is 2 dollars a shirt. Not so good if you buy like 5 items like the other place.

Are there any more that anyone know's of that are fairly cheap? Btw the local store is a Casual Male Big and Tall which is outrageous on prices.
thanks for the help...
and mods if this is in the wrong section please move it to the right one (unless it's store forum, not many people read that ) just kidding

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Psn - glsdragon
Old 05-11-05, 02:46 AM   #2
Forum Troll
Suspended

Old 05-11-05, 02:47 AM   #3
Trelach24
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Exactly what kind of shirts are you looking for? tee? dress? casual?

JC Pennys has a sale on buying multiple extra tall (they also sell just tall sizes) shirts. Try their website.
Old 05-11-05, 02:55 AM   #4
glassdragon
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Troll
wow, thanks for the fat joke there

I prefer plain color shirts with our without a pocket. I figure if i'm goingto wear a nike shirt then they should send me a check every month.

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Psn - glsdragon
Old 05-11-05, 03:17 AM   #5
jfoobar
DVD Talk Hero

Look at:

http://www.casualmale.com/store/en_us/index.jsp
Old 05-11-05, 03:18 AM   #6
glassdragon
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

as i said in my original post, that's the one that's local and is 25 bucks a shirt so i don't want to go there. I'm trying to find an alternative to it

Psn - glsdragon
Old 05-11-05, 04:17 AM   #7
NORML54601
DVD Talk Legend

www.kingsizedirect.com
Old 05-11-05, 04:22 AM   #8
glassdragon
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORML54601
thank you, but for the most part it looks like they run about 20 to 25 also just like the other place

Psn - glsdragon
Old 05-11-05, 05:26 AM   #9
darkflounder
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm really hesitant to buy B&T clothes online. I'm big & tall, and most 2XL T-shirts are too short. I'm only 6'2", why does Hanes assume that all large men are around 5'8" (at least that's how short their t-shirts feel).

I've had good luck with Casual Male, but not online. Especially for dress shirts, they've got a great selection and decent prices.
Old 05-11-05, 05:28 AM   #10
glassdragon
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

since it's a credit card I may try one of those 2 i mentioned. If they work out then i'll let you know since their prices are pretty good

Psn - glsdragon
Old 05-11-05, 07:20 AM   #11
OldDude
DVD Talk Legend

Eddie Bauer and Lands End both offer shirts in a "tall" cut as well as going to larger sizes (XXXL), but except for T-shirts, you'll be around $25 bucks, but their shirts are good quality. When on sale, EB doesn't charge a premium for "tall" sizes, but at normal pricing they do, and usually you have to order from catalog, they don't carry in their retail stores. For dress shirts, I like Lands End better.

I have ordered from King Size, but I don't like them very well, their clothes are expensive and cheaply made. Most places that specialize in "big & tall" are major ripoffs.
Old 05-11-05, 08:08 AM   #12
beavismom
DVD Talk Special Edition

We tend to have good luck with www.jcpenney.com, but my husband found some extra long shirts here http://www.duluthtrading.com/items/74585+GRA+MED.asp. They are called "plumbers butt" shirts. I am sure you can guess why.

Also, not online, but Dillard's has a decent Big and Tall department and usually has very good prices at the end of season clearances. We have gotten Ralph Lauren shirts for as little as $5.
Old 05-11-05, 10:25 AM   #13
4KRG
DVD Talk Legend

I also get big & tall clothes online at www.jcpenney.com if something doesn't fit just take it back to the local store (if you have one). I will say that the St. Johns brand they have run short for being labelled tall. I usually have to buy the double tall in that brand.

www.llbean.com is another good choice, many shirts have a tall option for a couple dollars more.

For both of these, you can find free shipping deals and addional percent off coupons if you google for them. They almost always have something going on.

LLbean will give you free shipping if you have one of their VISA cards and use it to place your order.

You have to watch kingsize direct, some of their clothes are not good quality. Some are fine (I have one of their polo shirts on now actually)

Casualmale is usually pricey with few discounts

I have bought some tall shirts from Eddie bower and I just wasn't happy with the cut and how they fit, some were fine and some were not, hard to explain.

Last edited by 4KRG; 05-11-05 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-11-05, 11:05 AM   #14
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdragon
I figure if i'm goingto wear a nike shirt then they should send me a check every month.

I need to buy tall shirts because of my migdet legs on a 6'3" body. I have a long torso, and my ass crackitis acts up with short shirts. JC Penney generally has the best quality at the cheapest price from what I have seen.
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baronís cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis
Old 05-11-05, 01:04 PM   #15
HistoryProf
DVD Talk Legend

If you truly are in Columbus, OH, go to a Gander Mountain store...

http://www.gandermountain.com/storel...p_Q_state_E_oh

There's a couple near you and they have been a lifesaver for me for Tall shirt sizes. I'm and XLT - XXLT depending on the fit....most everything I get from there is XLT and fits perfectly. I have pretty much a complete wardrobe of rustic outdoorsy to nice casual dress shirts from them...and they frequently have sales that brings them down to the $10-15 range....they even have a dozen colors of plain pocket tees that are usually around $7. Good quality stuff too.
Pavel Datsyuk on his coach saying he gives teammates extra room on the ice: "I think he meant that I am really small," Datsyuk explained. "So when I, a small slim person, am on the ice, there is more room for bigger guys. Maybe he said that to cheer me up that I look skinny!"
Old 05-11-05, 01:32 PM   #16
HistoryProf
DVD Talk Legend

Oh yeah....and also keep an eye on www.sierratradingpost.com - their inventory is constantly in flux, but you can find some great deals there, and often in tall sizes.
Pavel Datsyuk on his coach saying he gives teammates extra room on the ice: "I think he meant that I am really small," Datsyuk explained. "So when I, a small slim person, am on the ice, there is more room for bigger guys. Maybe he said that to cheer me up that I look skinny!"
Old 05-11-05, 01:59 PM   #17
jfoobar
DVD Talk Hero

For the longest time, practically every piece of clothing I would wear was purchased at Casual Male. Just recently I reached the point where I have lost enough weight that I don't have to shop (and for pants really cannot since) shop there anymore. Their prices aren't the best and it annoys me that they seem to stock nothing but relaxed fit and loose fit jeans, but their prices aren't awful either\ and their selection is pretty decent.

There is one near me I had to avoid as their selection of clothing was just a little bit...urban. I will still probably continue to buy shoes their from time to time since I wear 15s and they sell New Balance in my size. For everything else, I shop at Kohls now.
Old 05-11-05, 02:00 PM   #18
beavismom
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizz
Oh yeah....and also keep an eye on www.sierratradingpost.com - their inventory is constantly in flux, but you can find some great deals there, and often in tall sizes.
We have gotten some incredible deals here on size 14 shoes... things like Teva sandals and hiking boots.
Old 05-11-05, 02:18 PM   #19
glassdragon
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizz
If you truly are in Columbus, OH, go to a Gander Mountain store...

http://www.gandermountain.com/storel...p_Q_state_E_oh

There's a couple near you and they have been a lifesaver for me for Tall shirt sizes. I'm and XLT - XXLT depending on the fit....most everything I get from there is XLT and fits perfectly. I have pretty much a complete wardrobe of rustic outdoorsy to nice casual dress shirts from them...and they frequently have sales that brings them down to the $10-15 range....they even have a dozen colors of plain pocket tees that are usually around $7. Good quality stuff too.
I never would have thought about gander mountain, being a camping type of store and all. I have one right down the street, I'll check them out this weekend Thanks

Psn - glsdragon
Old 05-11-05, 03:06 PM   #20
beavismom
DVD Talk Special Edition

Woolrich stores also carry some Tall clothing. Mostly collared shirts and sweaters.
Old 05-11-05, 05:09 PM   #21
Dansize

I can also endores Kingsize. They also have a mail order catalg if the website is not to your taste. I use them exclusively for dress shirts as I can't even walk in to most bib/tall stores for my size (20/40 - Tall). The price on a single shirt can be steep, but they typically have discounts in quantities and once you start using them, they offer decent coupons/promotions.

I can still buy pants anywhere, but need help with shirts and shoes.
Old 05-11-05, 07:43 PM   #22
Kittydreamer
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave

I need to buy tall shirts because of my migdet legs on a 6'3" body. I have a long torso, and my ass crackitis acts up with short shirts. JC Penney generally has the best quality at the cheapest price from what I have seen.

You're built just like my husband. He's 5'11 and I'm 5'8 but my inseem is 33 while his is 29.

To the OP, do you have Sears in your area? Like JC Penney, they have a nice big and tall section.
Old 05-11-05, 11:22 PM   #23
lordzeppelin
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hmm...I wear 2x/3x sometimes, and I've been buying t-shirts at like walmart or a local sporting goods store that prints shirts and can order a decent quality tshirt for $8-10 each in whatever color you want...
Old 05-12-05, 12:33 AM   #24
glassdragon
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
Hmm...I wear 2x/3x sometimes, and I've been buying t-shirts at like walmart or a local sporting goods store that prints shirts and can order a decent quality tshirt for $8-10 each in whatever color you want...
The problem with those is that they tend to not be very long. They are huge around the waist but they are so short that it rides up.

Psn - glsdragon
Old 05-12-05, 07:14 AM   #25
lordzeppelin
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The sporting goods store/ tshirt place should be able to order Tall sizes...
Sponsored Links