Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-05, 11:10 AM   #1
PPrigged

I totally SUCK at poker

I have played thousands of hands of Texas-Hold’Em at Party Poker (ring games, all different limits). If you think for one minute that the games are legitimate you are dead wrong. Party-Poker is rigged so that eventually YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF YOUR MONEY – period.

I am 39 years old and have been playing poker in B&M environments for twenty five years, that’s right since about age 14. I have an Associate of Science degree and I am currently working on a Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering on a part time basis at on of our nations leading technical colleges, I have also programmed turnkey computer applications related to mechanical drafting and design. In other words, I didn’t “just fall off the boat” and I just didn’t start playing poker yesterday. I am a consistent B&M winner. I’ve been in plenty of crooked B&M games in my time and I can tell the difference between a legitimate game and a crooked game. Unfortunately, I kept telling myself that Party-Poker “had to be legit, I mean come on why wouldn’t they be. . .” Several thousand dollars later, I wised up.

All of the posts that I have read on this site that claim Party-Poker is a rip-off and the descriptions that they give of how the hands go and how the customer service is terrible, are right on the money. It’s the people who claim that Party-Poker is legitimate that are the crack-pots and not the “conspiracy theorists.” Let me tell you something – Corporations are legally bound to do one thing and one thing only – increase the wealth of the share holders, at any cost. To think that they would not be dishonest is incredibly naïve.

I know what you pro-online-poker people are thinking and what you will say to this post. “Where is your proof, post your hand histories.” It would be pointless to post hand histories when they are nothing but ASCII text files that can be manipulated by anyone at will - the debate lives on. Instead of relying on hand histories why don’t you trust your intuition, your intelligence, and your gut? They should be screaming at you that you are in a crooked game. You know when you get beat by someone who stays in the pot (no matter how much you raise) with absolutely nothing only to catch the single card in the deck that can beat you that something is not right (this happens time and time again). The something that’s not right is this – THE SITE IS RIGGED.

The best thing you can do is to STAY AWAY FROM PARTY-POKER. If you already have an account, close it while you still have some money left. I also have had similar experiences with other on-line gambling sites (not poker) and have come to the same conclusions – THEY ARE RIGGED SO THAT YOU WILL LOSE.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

PS. – I am still waiting for Party-Poker to actually close my account, they don’t seem to want to let me go. If I try to log on, the screen says something to the effect that my account has been “temporarily frozen”. This is after several emails, and phone calls. Meanwhile my sensitive personal information remains in their system even after I have screamed at those idiots at customer service to DELETE MY ACCOUNT – If you’re from PP and you read this – DELETE MY ACCOUNT ALREADY YOU IDIOTS. Same thing goes for Epassporte (another rip-off) they also will not let go of my account. Why would a legitimate company behave in this manner?

Old 04-18-05, 11:22 AM   #2
actyper
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you loose a couple thousand off of party players, i have 2 words for you ....

"You Suck!"

Old 04-18-05, 11:24 AM   #3
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

3 points here:

1) What specific instance/behavior/circumstance leads you to believe it is rigged?

2) You lost thousands of dollars there. Couldn't that be indicative of your poor poker play and not of a rigged site?

3) I doubt that these companies are owned by corporations. They are all offshore betting places.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW

Old 04-18-05, 11:26 AM   #4
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by actyper
If you loose a couple thousand off of party players, i have 2 words for you ....

"You Suck!"
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

Old 04-18-05, 11:31 AM   #5
El Scorcho
DVD Talk Hero

Old 04-18-05, 11:34 AM   #6
Wizdar
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I’ve followed this moron’s antics from UPF to 2+2. It’s slightly better on 2+2, since he’s learned to use the bold and italic tag.

I came in here thinking, naaaa, nobody’s heard of our poker subforum, and BAM! There he is.

I wonder how many other boards he’s hit?

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Unknown

Old 04-18-05, 12:09 PM   #7
El Scorcho
DVD Talk Hero

Old 04-18-05, 12:19 PM   #8
moorehed
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i'm sorry but this is the stupidest shit i've ever read.

if a site WERE to be rigged it WOULD NOT be one that has multiple skins. think about it. software that is rigged simply could not be pitched to multiple people looking to purchase your software without it getting out that it is rigged.

Old 04-18-05, 12:21 PM   #9
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

It is open again!

Old 04-18-05, 12:24 PM   #10
Wizdar
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Trying to talk sense to this type is useless. They are believers in the “Not My Fault” religion.

Pisses me off that he’s used that name on so many sites. I planned on using it when I get my bio-mechanical implants...

Love the title change!!

Old 04-18-05, 12:34 PM   #11
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizdar
Pisses me off that he’s used that name on so many sites. I planned on using it when I get my bio-mechanical implants...
OMG. You made a funny!

Old 04-18-05, 07:29 PM   #12
skiblet
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sorry guys, but i agree with the original poster.

I consider myself to be a slightly above average poker player. I do very well at my local cash game, and have made several hundred dollars from it this year alone. I did also very well at my last cash game in athens, and always broke even, or made $.

Do i think its rigged so that ill lose? Nope. Its not rigged so that youll lose, its rigged so that you PLAY AS MANY RAKED HANDS AS POSSIBLE OVER TIME, and keep your money on there. In other words, there will be a disproportionate number of bad beats when your stack is up, and a disproportionate number of good beats when your stack is down - to keep you on there, and keep you gambling.... but, to keep everyones bankrolls for getting too far ahead, or too far behind of the median. It is that delicate balance that i suspect is being carefully calculated and orchestrated by the sites software, to (1) keep peoples bankroll from continually getting cashed out, and (2) to keep peoples bankrolls from getting so low that they quit. Is it that black and white? Maybe not. But id be willing to bet all the money that ive ever won on party poker, which is hundreds, that the sites software is in some subtle way very carefully rigged to fulfill to some degree the two criteria noted above.

Another thing you have to worry about is getting cheated by other players who gang up on a table and use instant messaging to coordinate their betting. The only way to combat this is to switch tables alot.

Overall, the jury is still out with me on online gambling. its fun, and the appeal is the instant access and "always on" nature of it. But as far as if its truly random and legit, i seriously doubt it.

Last edited by skiblet; 04-18-05 at 07:34 PM.

Old 04-18-05, 07:52 PM   #13
HistoryProf
DVD Talk Legend

"I am currently working on a Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering on a part time basis at on of our nations leading technical colleges,"

Pavel Datsyuk on his coach saying he gives teammates extra room on the ice: "I think he meant that I am really small," Datsyuk explained. "So when I, a small slim person, am on the ice, there is more room for bigger guys. Maybe he said that to cheer me up that I look skinny!"

Old 04-18-05, 07:53 PM   #14
moorehed
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They cannot rig it so that everyone doesn't bust out.... they only way they can make more money is by people depositing.

Old 04-18-05, 08:16 PM   #15
skiblet
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They dont make money from the deposits, they make money from the rake. When you lose your $ on there, it doesnt go to party poker, it goes to a player who cashes it out. The longer they can keep people on there playing hands, day after day, the more money they make.

Old 04-18-05, 08:46 PM   #16
HistoryProf
DVD Talk Legend

while i agree somewhat with skiblet, overall the only way someone is going to lose thousands of dollars at party poker is if they plain suck at it. Or perhaps gamble a lot while drunk. overall though, you gots to know when to fold em just like anywhere else. I honestly don't think it's much different than me winning $500 at blackjack one night, and losing $250 in an hour the next time. there's a lot of luck involved along with skill. it evens out over the long haul, unless, as has been noted, you suck.
Pavel Datsyuk on his coach saying he gives teammates extra room on the ice: "I think he meant that I am really small," Datsyuk explained. "So when I, a small slim person, am on the ice, there is more room for bigger guys. Maybe he said that to cheer me up that I look skinny!"

Old 04-18-05, 09:16 PM   #17
Spy021
DVD Talk Special Edition

This should go nicely with your wine....

Old 04-18-05, 09:48 PM   #18
bfrank
Premium Member

I going to take wizdar's advice here and lock this down for review.

Be good humans!

Closed Thread