Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 08-09-17, 09:25 AM   #1

Springsteen on Broadway

Been rumored for months. I can't wait.

Quote:

Bruce Springsteen will make his Broadway debut this fall with “Springsteen on Broadway,” a solo show at the Walter Kerr Theatre (219 West 48th Street). Performances for "Springsteen on Broadway" begin Tuesday, October 3, with an official opening on Thursday, October 12. Springsteen will perform five shows a week through November 26th.

Tickets for “Springsteen on Broadway” will go on sale August 30 at 10am ET exclusively through Ticketmaster Verified Fan®. This unique fan-first technology levels the playing field to combat bots and get real tickets into the hands of fans who intend to go to the event.

Ticketmaster Verified Fan registration begins today and will close August 27. Verified fans will be notified August 29 for the August 30 onsale. Visit brucespringsteen.net/broadway for more information about how to pre-register and details on the show.

“I wanted to do some shows that were as personal and as intimate as possible. I chose Broadway for this project because it has the beautiful old theaters which seemed like the right setting for what I have in mind. In fact, with one or two exceptions, the 960 seats of the Walter Kerr Theatre is probably the smallest venue I’ve played in the last 40 years. My show is just me, the guitar, the piano and the words and music. Some of the show is spoken, some of it is sung. It loosely follows the arc of my life and my work. All of it together is in pursuit of my constant goal to provide an entertaining evening and to communicate something of value,” says Springsteen.

"Bruce Springsteen is one of our greatest musical storytellers, and Broadway is built on a beloved tradition of musical storytelling. What a once-in-a lifetime thrill for all of us at Jujamcyn to welcome Bruce home to his rightful place in the Broadway legacy,” says Jordan Roth, President of Jujamcyn Theaters, which owns the Walter Kerr.

The creative team for “Springsteen on Broadway” includes Heather Wolensky (scenic design), Natasha Katz (lighting design) and Brian Ronan (sound design).

For more information on the show and how to register for tickets, visit brucespringsteen.net/broadway.
Old 08-09-17, 09:32 AM   #2
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Springsteen on Broadway

Whoa. Would almost be worth flying back to NYC for that.
I hope they film it for Blu Ray/4K. Bet they do.

BTW : I have lived in Las Vegas for 14 years now -- ZERO Springsteen shows in that time.
Maybe after we build our own NFL stadium?

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 08-09-17, 09:52 AM   #3
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
My show is just me, the guitar, the piano and the words and music. Some of the show is spoken, some of it is sung.
Sounds kind of boring.
Old 08-09-17, 10:24 AM   #4

Not if you're a fan.
Old 08-09-17, 10:38 AM   #5
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I saw the same sort of thing in a similar-sized venue with Garth Brooks at the Wynn Las Vegas. It was very different from a stadium show, but it was intimate and interesting with the artist providing a lot of context to his songs and taking questions and obscure requests from the audience. Very different sort of experience and in no way a substitute from a big arena-type show, but cool in its own right.

Old 08-09-17, 01:10 PM   #6
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Not if you're a fan.
I'm a fan of the music, but I'm not a fan of his little rehearsed speeches he frequently does at live shows.

"I came back from the draft office and I told my dad they wouldn't take me."
He said, "That's good."

So lame. He's a great songwriter, but he has no mystique. So he's always overcompensated.
Old 08-09-17, 03:41 PM   #7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
I'm a fan of the music, but I'm not a fan of his little rehearsed speeches he frequently does at live shows.

"I came back from the draft office and I told my dad they wouldn't take me."
He said, "That's good."
I was at that show!
Old 08-09-17, 03:50 PM   #8
DVD Talk Hero

It's the most-discussed unrequested haircut since Sampson.

Old 08-09-17, 08:44 PM   #9
DVD Talk Legend

I forgot about that part. I'm dying.
Old 08-11-17, 07:06 PM   #10
DVD Talk Legend

I'm a fan and I'm sure I'd enjoy the show, but I see artists I enjoy as much as him pretty regularly for about 1/5th the ticket price.