Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-18-17, 03:15 PM   #501
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Prince dead at 57. RIP

Man, writing prescriptions of controlled substances, intentionally using a pseudonym for the recipient is a pretty effective way to get your license and/or your DEA number revoked.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 04-21-17, 12:11 PM   #502
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One year ago today. Still miss the man and the music.

Winner! James Bond 007 Sheep game 8/26/16
Old 04-25-17, 05:39 PM   #503
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anybody watch "When Doves Cry" on Reelz? Another documentary but it has a cheesy actor playing Prince in what looks like a bad Lifetime movie.

http://www.reelz.com/prince-when-doves-cry/
Old 04-27-17, 06:43 PM   #504
DVD Talk Special Edition

OMG do I hate the Electric Intercourse Studio version about to come out. It beyond sucks compared to the rehearsal that's been around for decades.
65" Samsung ks8000
Old 04-27-17, 07:05 PM   #505
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyp007 View Post
One year ago today. Still miss the man and the music.
Damn. 1 year already! Time sure does pass you by.
Old 05-08-17, 08:20 AM   #506
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

His estate must have cleaned house on YouTube. Last summer, there were all kinds of Prince videos and whatnot, but I went to look last night and all I could find was table scrapes of his music.
Old 05-17-17, 01:36 AM   #507

RIP prince
Old 05-17-17, 05:09 PM   #508
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
His estate must have cleaned house on YouTube. Last summer, there were all kinds of Prince videos and whatnot, but I went to look last night and all I could find was table scrapes of his music.
That was a seriously awesome moment. Every night after I put the kids to bed I poured some drinks and just dove in. Everything was on there.

Last edited by Mabuse; 05-18-17 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-18-17, 05:40 AM   #509
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
That was a seriously awesome moment. Every night after I put the kids to bed I poured some drinks and just dived in. Everything was on there.
I'm glad I downloaded many of those rare clips before they disappeared.
I'd like to see Johnny Depp direct a movie about Tim Burton directing a movie starring Johnny Depp, in which Johnny is directing a film about Danny Elfman, who is composing the music for a new Tim Burton film starring Johnny Depp.....playing Danny Elfman.
Old 05-18-17, 10:45 PM   #510
DVD Talk Hero

his rock and roll hall of fame performance of his music is still up. As is the jam session of While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Old 05-19-17, 12:58 PM   #511
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Judge declares Prince's 6 siblings the heirs to his estate.

A Minnesota judge has ruled that Prince's six siblings are the heirs to his estate, more than a year after the pop superstar died of a drug overdose.
In a ruling made public Friday, Carver County District Judge Kevin Eide declared that Prince died without a will and that his heirs are his sister, Tyka Nelson, and five half-siblings Sharon Nelson, Norrine Nelson, John R. Nelson, Omarr Baker and Alfred Jackson.

Some appeals are still pending from people whose claims of heirship were rejected earlier. More than 45 people filed claims to be Prince's wife, children, siblings or other relatives in the wake of his death. Eide said if appellate courts send any rejected claimants back to him, he will consider them.

Eide also said Prince's assets won't be distributed without a formal court order and that nothing will be distributed that might adversely affect the claims of those with pending appeals.

Eide previously said he wouldn't declare the siblings as heirs until those appeals had been decided. But lawyers for Prince's siblings didn't want to wait, saying further delays would have increased costs to the estate and impede its efficient administration. The siblings' attorneys didn't immediately reply to phone calls seeking comment.

Attorneys for those who did appeal had said their interests would be harmed if the district court didn't wait out the appeals process before naming the heirs. Andrew Stoltmann, a lawyer for a woman and a girl appealing a rejected claim, said he hadn't seen the new ruling but would examine it and determine whether or not to appeal it.

Prince died April 21, 2016, of an accidental drug overdose. Court filings suggest his estate is worth around $200 million. Federal and state estate taxes are expected to consume about half the value.

Since Prince's death, his Paisley Park studio complex and home has been turned into a museum and concert venue. His estate has also struck deals to make his albums available by streaming, and next month plans to release a remastered "Purple Rain" album as well as two albums of unreleased music and two concert films.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...state-47512784
Old 05-19-17, 01:34 PM   #512
DVD Talk Legend

The only heir I'm interested in having some control is the one that wants to release extra tracks from the 80's.

Doctor Who DVDs needed - The Web Planet, The War Games, Ghost Light.
Old 05-19-17, 02:23 PM   #513
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would assume that his heirs would have interest in releasing anything that will make them money.

-----
PSN: CactusKind