Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Axl Rose and Slash have made up and become friends again.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Axl Rose and Slash have made up and become friends again.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-15, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
Re: Axl Rose and Slash have made up and become friends again.

Yeah I'm not sure about getting a new album but a tour seems possible even if it is a limited run of some major cities. If anything maybe they'd record a live album and special to release on Blu-ray, DVD, etc.
Old 08-24-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-24-15, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shazam
He didn't just get old like Jagger/Richards, he got UGLY.
Old 08-24-15, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mean if you are going to pick the worst possible photo from that era, yeah he looks terrible. But here he looks pretty great (from that same tour):

Old 08-24-15, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

Always knew that guy would be a rock star
Old 08-24-15, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just like the alternate lyrics.
Old 08-24-15, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Calling it now: Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show.
Old 08-24-15, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by watson503
Those are probably the more flattering pics lmao

And I agree with Chadm - if they reunite, I want Steven Adler on the drums -Sorum has said he won't do a reunion without Adler. Hell, they might as well have two drummers
I don't know if Adler would be able to handle being thrown back into the grind like that. Can't help but think that he'd be dead if he hadn't gotten booted from GnR.
Old 08-24-15, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by ericmylad
Izzy has played with all these guys at some point in the last 10 years, Duff & Slash are pals with Adler & I think Adler would be up for any kind of reunion. With Duff & Axl having no issues & now Slash & Axl talking again, it seems like a reunion is imminent. I have no problem with Dizzy Reed or Matt Sorum playing with them but the original 5 are a MUST.
Izzy is sort of the wild card in a potential reunion. While he's still on good terms with everyone, he also bailed on the band at the height of their success. Seems like he prefers keeping a low profile and staying out of the spotlight.

I don't think they'll be able to record new music without him, as his songwriting contributions seems to have been a huge factor in what made GnR work.
Old 08-24-15, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

So did they just photoshop the fat on him?
Old 08-24-15, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

He's definitely chubby or at least has been. I just watched their concert in Vegas called Appetite For Democracy and he is a little plump in it.

He seems to wear a lot of hats and sunglasses to cover up the work he has had on his face.
Old 08-24-15, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt
That would be awesome. I'm pretty sure it would be Slash's second Super Bowl appearance.
Old 08-24-15, 07:22 PM

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt
Shit, that's on a pretty tight time schedule. Axl couldn't fuck around and even be 10 minutes late for that thing.
Old 08-24-15, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
He's definitely chubby or at least has been. I just watched their concert in Vegas called Appetite For Democracy and he is a little plump in it.

He seems to wear a lot of hats and sunglasses to cover up the work he has had on his face.
He's gained some weight but people in here are acting like he's morbidly obese or something. The guy really isn't in that bad of shape and a lot of his weight gain probably comes down in part to his age and stuff.
Old 08-24-15, 08:53 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Am I the only one who has no interest in this? It's going to end up like The Sex Pistols reunion--a bunch of old guys pretending to still be relevant.
Old 08-24-15, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't care about it a ton but I think the novelty of seeing a Guns N' Roses tour with Axl and Slash on stage together would be cool. I'm sure most of the reason it would be done is because it would do big business and I'm sure people would go see them. For all we know at this point nothing is even happening yet other than the two men have buried the hatchet. I doubt they think that they'll reform and be one of the biggest bands in the world like they were in the eighties and nineties but no doubt there's interest there if something does happen eventually.
Old 08-24-15, 09:23 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh, I think it will happen. I just think it will be disappointing to the extreme.
Old 08-24-15, 09:30 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

Slash has come up with some good material in his post-GnR days. I wish he would have come up with a different singer for his more recent stuff though. I'm not a fan of Myles Kennedy. I did see Slash/Myles at a festival a few months ago, and they were solid. Seems like he picked him just because he can 'sorta' do some of the GnR tunes.
Old 08-24-15, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

The only 2 members that haven't gotten together to play or have been interviewed saying they buried the hatchet is Steven Adler and Axl. Everyone else, as far as I know are on good terms. If they don't do a huge stadium world tour with like 80 dates, I think Adler could handle it as he toured Adler's Appetite a few years back. If they are smart about it and don't overdue it, I think it could work.

A tour seems possible, an album would be amazing, but seems impossible.
Old 08-24-15, 10:53 PM

Doesn't Axl still do his "I'll go onstage whenever I feel like going onstage" bullshit, even to this day? It seemed like that was one of Slash's main reasons for quitting the band, in his autobiography. I can't see a big multi-city, multi-date tour working out if he's still pulling that garbage. The other guys put up with it back then, but I don't think they'd put up with it now. A couple of one-off gigs in L.A. or New York, (or the Super Bowl,) I could see that, but not a big tour.

Related--saw this the other day: Axl Rose’s Reason For Being Late: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

A member of the community reports that a DJ of a Tampa Bay radio station recently told a hilarious Axl Rose story. Axl has a reputation for being late to concerts, and the reason he reportedly was late for a show in the Tampa area on December 28, 1991 was that he was watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The DJ was an assistant to the owner of the venue, and needless to say the owner was getting pissed. When the owner asked why Axl was being late for the thousandth time, he said: “Axl’s management said he was watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, and that Axl’s attention was 100% on the movie and couldn’t be bothered.”

UPDATE: Big Rig, the DJ in question, contacted Alternative Nation and said that while the story about Axl being late because he was watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is true, the fan who heard the radio show got the date, promoter and venue wrong, confusing the information on the venue with another story.
Old 08-25-15, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I agree with the sentiment that it would be a disappointment. I saw GNR twice with the "classic" lineup (with Adler) and they were great both times. Then I saw them twice with Sorum and Reed and even then it just wasn't the same. I can't imagine them getting back to where they were 27 years ago and making it work. I'm afraid it might just be sad.
Old 11-07-15, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Scott Weiland Says Classic Guns N Roses Lineup Is Reuniting

Scott Weiland dropped a couple of newsworthy tidbits about Guns N’ Roses and Chester Bennington's involvement in Stone Temple Pilots during a recent interview with Alternative Nation.

The former STP frontman, who performed alongside several GNR members in Velvet Revolver, said he believes the classic GNR lineup will be reuniting. The statement came when Weiland was asked about a previous feud with Axl Rose in 2006.

I remember a little bit about it,” he told Alternative Nation. “There was a little going back and forth between the two of us at the time, but I think that Guns N’ Roses are getting back together.”

full article http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...slash-axl-rose

Meanwhile, Weiland also claims that Linkin Park frontman Bennington -- who replaced Weiland as STP’s singer in 2013 -- has left the group.

“He’s not in the band any more.” Weiland said. “I heard he’s not in the band anymore.” He added, “[Chester’s] got a band where he gets paid $700,000 a night with, and with STP, the brand is kind of falling apart, which is a shame.”

Alternative Nation’s full story on Weiland will be published on Monday, Nov. 9.
Old 11-08-15, 12:54 AM

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Scott Weiland Says Classic Guns N Roses Lineup Is Reuniting

Scott Weiland dropped a couple of newsworthy tidbits about Guns N’ Roses and Chester Bennington's involvement in Stone Temple Pilots during a recent interview with Alternative Nation.

The former STP frontman, who performed alongside several GNR members in Velvet Revolver, said he believes the classic GNR lineup will be reuniting. The statement came when Weiland was asked about a previous feud with Axl Rose in 2006.

I remember a little bit about it,” he told Alternative Nation. “There was a little going back and forth between the two of us at the time, but I think that Guns N’ Roses are getting back together.”

full article http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...slash-axl-rose

Meanwhile, Weiland also claims that Linkin Park frontman Bennington -- who replaced Weiland as STP’s singer in 2013 -- has left the group.

“He’s not in the band any more.” Weiland said. “I heard he’s not in the band anymore.” He added, “[Chester’s] got a band where he gets paid $700,000 a night with, and with STP, the brand is kind of falling apart, which is a shame.”

Alternative Nation’s full story on Weiland will be published on Monday, Nov. 9.

Doesn't seem like he's for sure about it but, G'n'R would be fucking crazy to not reunite and at least do a tour of their greatest hits.

People would be lining up and paying big bucks to see the original lineup.
Old 11-08-15, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

well, it isn't the original line up, but the classic line up I guess you could say, but I know what you mean. If this goes through I really hope its Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagen and Steven Adler. I'd be bummed if any of them weren't involved. Izzy and Adler seem like they'd be the wildcards in a reunion.
Old 11-08-15, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Chadm
well, it isn't the original line up, but the classic line up I guess you could say, but I know what you mean. If this goes through I really hope its Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagen and Steven Adler. I'd be bummed if any of them weren't involved. Izzy and Adler seem like they'd be the wildcards in a reunion.
I have no doubt that Adler would do it.

I just don't know if he could survive it.

Izzy is probably the problem one; not because it's personal, but he just seems to like to keep a low profile. I'd actually be fine with him if he only wrote some most of the songs, and maybe did a bit of recording in the studio.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.