Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

MEGADETH: "album 15th"

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

MEGADETH: "album 15th"

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-15, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MEGADETH: "album 15th"

Chris Adler's episode of Jamey Jasta's podcast has me pretty amped for the new Megadeth:

http://www.jameyjasta.com/episodes/2...f-god-megadeth
Old 07-28-15, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

MEGADETH Recruits LAMB OF GOD Producer To Mix New Album, Announce Tracklisting

The new Megadeth album draws nearer, and with another parallel to Lamb Of God! Josh Wilbur has been tapped to mix the new Megadeth album, according to Dave Mustaine's Twitter.

I guess this means we'll be hearing something in the pretty near future? Granted things need to be mastered still and who knows how many other songs there are that haven't been mixed, but still! We're getting closer to a final product! Wilbur has also worked with bands like Gojira and All That Remains, so maybe the band's claims that this album brings the legitimate heaviness is real.

The band also revealed the tracklisting for the album, which will feature two covers:

Death from Within
Fatal Illusion
Conquer… Or Die!
Lying in State
Me Hate You
The Emperor’s New Clothes
Dystopia
Bullet to the Brain
Last Dying Wish
Post American World
Look Who’s Talking
The Threat is Real
Poisonous Shadows
Melt the Ice Away (Budgie cover)
Foreign Policy (Fear cover)

http://www.metalinjection.net/upcomi...e-tracklisting
Old 09-20-15, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="819" height="433" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PTYWZvWcBs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-25-15, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

countdown...

http://system.megadeth.com/
Old 09-29-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

full tease is up
Old 09-29-15, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This album better fuckin' RIP.
Old 09-29-15, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by islandclaws
This album better fuckin' RIP.
actually it's R.I.P. 2!
Old 09-30-15, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

... guitar added

http://system.megadeth.com/
Old 10-01-15, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-s4qjByzwMU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hurry before it gets pulled

edit Fuck it was pulled, listened to it twice
Old 10-01-15, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What was it? New song or a clip?
Old 10-01-15, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

whole song, became available to PLEGDE members.
Old 10-01-15, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Loving the fuck outta this song!
Old 10-01-15, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MEGADETH To Release 'Dystopia' Album In January; Hear Brand New Song 'Fatal Illusion' Right Now
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/hea...FAVaixPdADJ.99

Due as a digital single on October 16 via Universal Music Enterprises, the track is set to appear on the band's forthcoming fifteenth studio album, "Dystopia", which will be released on January 22, 2016. The follow-up to 2013's "Super Collider" was recorded earlier in the year in Nashville, Tennessee and was produced by MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine and Toby Wright (ALICE IN CHAINS, KORN). The CD was mixed by Josh Wilbur, who has previously worked with LAMB OF GOD, ALL THAT REMAINS and GOJIRA.

"Dystopia" will mark the recording debut of MEGADETH's new lineup, featuring founding members Mustaine (guitar, vocals) and David Ellefson (bass) alongside LAMB OF GOD drummer Chris Adler and Brazilian guitarist Kiko Loureiro, best known for his work with ANGRA.

"Dystopia" final track listing:

01. The Threat Is Real
02. Dystopia
03. Fatal Illusion
04. Death From Within
05. Bullet To The Brain
06. Post American World
07. Poisonous Shadows
08. Look Who's Talking
09. Conquer Or Die
10. Lying In State
11. The Emperor
12. Last Dying Wish
13. Foreign Policy (FEAR cover)

The band also recorded a cover version of "Melt The Ice Away" (BUDGIE).

The song "Poisonous Shadows" features piano playing from Kiko as well as orchestration from famed Nashville arranger Ronn Huff, the father of former MEGADETH producer Dann Huff. Mustaine described the track to Rolling Stone as "a really haunting piece" and added that "the part that [Kiko] played is very Chopin-meets-MEGADETH, if that makes sense."

Mustaine told Revolver magazine about MEGADETH's forthcoming CD: "There's a lot of riffing going on in there, that's for damn sure," he said. "There's a lot of solos, a lot of pounding drums and bass. I knew from the start that I wanted to go back to my roots, and I wanted to make a thrash record."

Mustaine spoke to Rolling Stone about his mindset during the making of MEGADETH's new album. He said: "Over the years we've always said, 'We're going back to our roots.' But the naysayers, they just want 'Rust In Peace' 20 times, which is never gonna happen. Because I've never written the same song twice. Unlike a lot of other rock and metal bands that, you know, they rely on a set formula, I try and make the songs all different. The funny thing, though, was that when [MEGADETH bassist David] Ellefson was doing the bass tracks, I was telling him, 'This is the 'Tornado' ['Tornado Of Souls'] part,' 'This is the 'Bad Omen' part,' 'This is the 'Black Friday' part,' 'This is the 'Holy Wars' part.' Because a lot of the things were in that kind of vein. Now, is it going back in time? Hell, I don't know. But I like what I'm hearing."

He also talked about MEGADETH's new lineup, which made its live debut in July at the Festival D'été De Québec (also known as by its acronym FEQ, or Quebec City Summer Festival in English), in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. He told Revolver: "When Chris and Shawn left, it saddened me a little because they didn't say goodbye," Mustaine said. "They were pissed, because they'd gotten word that people wanted the 'Rust In Peace' [lineup] reunion [with guitarist Marty Friedman and drummer Nick Menza]. And frankly, I didn't; I was happy with those two guys. So when they left, it was like, 'It isn't going to be easy to replace them!'"

He continued: "We haven't found a permanent drummer yet, but finding Kiko was really a mind-blower. It was the first time since Marty Friedman joined the band that I was really intimidated as a player. He's such an amazing talent, and he's been coming in with all of these fresh ideas."

Adler, who has previously said that MEGADETH was the band that made him want to start drumming to begin with, was involved during the songwriting process for the group's new album. "MEGADETH is MEGADETH," Mustaine told Revolver, "and the songs will kind of tell you where they go. But there were several times while we were tracking where Chris would say, 'I think these parts should go like this, because that's how my MEGADETH is.' I was like, 'Yeah, I like that 'my MEGADETH' stuff!'"
Old 10-01-15, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7MRtdd3tXI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ALBUM COVER
Old 10-02-15, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

pre-order variations
http://megadeth.shop.livenation.com/...USD&src=MDTWEB

also available on itunes, with all 13 tracks. CD is listed as only 11 ... Hope BEST BUY gets an exclusive like they did with SUPER COLLIDER.
Old 10-02-15, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Naked Raygun did that album cover back in the eighties.
Old 10-06-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

First Night of Megadeth's Dystopia Tour Comes to Abrupt End in Beijing

Megadeth's opening night of its Dystopia tour ended abruptly after only an hour in what seemed to be an abbreviated set by the American metal band in Beijing.

Signs indicate that the performance at the MasterCard Center's Huiyuan Space may have been shortened or stopped by officials. For example, one well-known Megadeth track, "Skin of My Teeth," was played instrumental instead of with its usual lyrics.

For a band with a 30-year career, there seemed to be an inordinate number of instrumentals and extended guitar solos. The group also did not play several of their best-known songs, including "Holy Wars/The Punishment Due" and "Angry Again."

Megadeth founder and lead singer Dave Mustaine's comments at the end of the show may have indicated some kind of official action to stop. "Thank you for leaving so that we can come back and play again," he said from the stage as the band waved to the crowd after performing "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?"

Audience members departed without incident, despite disappointment and surprise at the show's brevity. Ticket prices for the concert ranged from RMB 680-1,280.

Mustaine seems to be enjoying his visit to Beijing. "Thanks to our promoter for taking us to [Beijing duck restaurant] Bian Yi Fang for dinner last night. It was delicious, and spending time together was even better," he tweeted on Tuesday afternoon.

Megadeth is set to play Shanghai on Thursday, before heading to Japan for the annual Loud Park metal festival. Tuesday night's show was the group's first in Beijing, although it has played Shanghai previously in 2012. Comment was not immediately available from the band or event organizers.

http://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/201...after-one-hour

MegadethizeD posted the set on Facebook.
Old 11-25-15, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

THE THREAT IS REAL (audio)
http://dystopia.megadeth.com/threat
Old 12-07-15, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Megadeth To Kick Off North American Tour February

Megadeth will kick off the North American leg of the Dystopia World Tour in Dallas, Texas on February 20, 2016. The North American leg will take the band across the U.S., visiting 12 States and throughout Canada. Tickets go on sale to the public December 11 at megadeth.com/dystopiatour. Megadeth Cyber Army Tickets / VIP Packages PRESALE begins Tuesday, December 8 @ 10:00 a.m. local. cyberarmy.megadeth.com

Old 12-07-15, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Doubt I'll bother. COB bore me to death and Suicidal haven't been any good since Rocky George left.
Old 12-11-15, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3-d6LFLpBvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-12-15, 07:05 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

I picked up tickets to see the Chicago show, although I passed on the $300 meet and greet package, above what I was willing to pay, unless i could have met the other bands too. I promised myself that I was going to cut down on the number of shows next year, but I've already gotten these tickets and Slayer/Testament in February.
Old 12-21-15, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Megadeth In Virtual Reality

The band will head into a special Virtual Reality set-up with director Blair Underwood, where they will perform and film five songs from Dystopia, "Fatal Illusion", "Dystopia", "The Threat Is Real", "Poisonous Shadows", and "Post American World". The band’s performance will appear within the fallen city of a dystopian world modeled after the world created in Megadeth's new music video for "The Threat Is Real".

As a director, DGA member Underwood directed the 2009 independent feature "The Bridge To Nowhere", as well as several music videos, short films and commercials. He is currently recurring on ABC's hit series, "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Next Galaxy Corp., a leading developer of innovative content solutions and immersive consumer virtual reality technology will create a dystopian universe surrounding the band, and allow fans to virtually enter, engage and explore this parallel world.

Released on January 22, 2016, fans will be able to purchase the new album, a CEEK Virtual Reality cardbox headset with instructions, and a download code to access and unlock exclusive content, which will also be simultaneously launched with the release of Dystopia to begin their VR Experience. This special CD package will be available at all physical and online retailers.

Old 12-21-15, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

... and BEST BUY will have the bonus tracks

1. The Threat Is Real
2. Dystopia
3. Fatal Illusion
4. Death from Within
5. Bullet to the Brain
6. Post American World
7. Poisonous Shadows
8. Look Who's Talking [Best Buy Bonus Track]
9. Conquer or Die!
10. Lying In State
11. The Emperor
12. Last Dying Wish [Best Buy Bonus Track]
13. Foreign Policy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dystopia...&skuId=4747100

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dystopia...&skuId=4747101
Old 01-07-16, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

'Dystopia' Track Premiere

<iframe width='640' height='360' src='http://cache.vevo.com/assets/html/embed.html?video=USUV71504011&autoplay=0' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.