Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Motorhead's Mikkey Dee on Lemmy Kilmister's Health: 'He's Not Doing So Well Right Now

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Motorhead's Mikkey Dee on Lemmy Kilmister's Health: 'He's Not Doing So Well Right Now

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-13, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Motorhead’s Mikkey Dee on Lemmy Kilmister’s Health: ‘He’s Not Doing So Well Right Now’

by Graham 'Gruhamed' Hartmann July 1, 2013 2:20 PM

Motorhead frontman Lemmy Kilmister has been suffering from some serious health issues in recent weeks, forcing the legendary rock and roll band to cancel various European tour dates. As Kilmister’s health problems have piled on, it has been revealed that under doctor’s orders, Lemmy needs to rest up, thus forcing Motorhead to cancel their remaining string of European shows.
Just a few weeks ago, it was reported that Kilmister had been equipped with an implantable cardioverter-defribullator (ICD) after an irregular heartbeat diagnosis. The ICD is only a few inches long, but it packs a mean jolt of electricity if cardiac arrhythmia is detected. Shortly after, Lemmy ran into another health issue, suffering from a hematoma. Although a hopeful press release celebrated Kilmister getting back to his routine of “breathing, talking, f—ing, drinking, eating and reading,” Lemmy will rest up to preserve his energy, resulting in the unfortunate concert cancellations.

“Everything started with him falling and getting a nasty blow to his hip a little over a week ago,” drummer Mikkey Dee tells the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet. “Following his fall, Lemmy had more bad luck when a fire alarm went off at the hotel Royal Kensington in London where he was staying. He had to walk eight stairs in the middle of the night. Lemmy’s personal assistant said that that was f—ed up and that he had an injured hip.”

Dee continues, “He needs to have his body drained of fluid and that can’t be done too quickly. When he remains in bed and can’t move, he can easily get pneumonia … If you can’t move properly, other issues will follow. He is devastated beyond belief. It has a bigger effect on him than it would anyone else. It’s like chopping off a piano player’s hands. This is his life.”

“I am worried because he’s not doing so well right now,” Dee opens up. “But he’s improving, even though it takes longer for him than anyone else to become well. Now that the doctors feel that he shouldn’t go out an play you’ll just have to accept that order.”

Dee also spoke about Lemmy with Swedish newspaper GT.se. “The doctors in Berlin are recommending that he [Lemmy] rests for another couple of weeks. We can’t keep canceling show after show, it’s too costly. Therefore we unfortunately have to cancel the entire tour. There will be an official announcement regarding his health shortly … We’re really sorry. But we’re not canceling because of a cold and this is something we’ve put a lot of thought into … It’s so f—ing typical, but what are you going to do? You have to put health before everything else.”

Stay tuned for further updates on Lemmy Kilmister’s health.
Old 07-02-13, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Re: Motorhead's Mikkey Dee on Lemmy Kilmister's Health: 'He's Not Doing So Well Right

Get well soon, you crazy old bastard!
Old 07-02-13, 09:54 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: Motorhead's Mikkey Dee on Lemmy Kilmister's Health: 'He's Not Doing So Well Right

Fuck, please don't die, Lemmy.
Old 07-02-13, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

Ugh, Lemmy's health is something that's worried me for some time. I hope he pulls through, but damn that guy's lived a life and a half.
Old 07-02-13, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Wow, get well soon Lemmy.
Old 07-03-13, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

Get well soon and Lemmy was a great documentary.
Old 09-11-13, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 913 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by sanaqueen
great shearing and great work you bro
Lemmy got his hair cut???
Old 09-16-13, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Get well soon and Lemmy was a great documentary.
It was a good documentary, but it made me feel like Lemmy was living a miserable life. I hope he enjoys it, but I wouldn't want to live it.
Old 09-16-13, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you mean healthwise?
Old 09-16-13, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by arminius
Do you mean healthwise?
No; his apartment looks like it was from an episode of "Hoarders."
Old 09-17-13, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
No; his apartment looks like it was from an episode of "Hoarders."
that is what gave me comfort, that i wasn't alone in my lunacy. if lemmy could live in something like that, then it justifies me keeping bags of feces in my tub.
Old 09-17-13, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

His apartment, mostly just sitting around in a bar boozing, he didn't seem to have much in the way of family or friends, other things I can't think of at the moment. Either the documentary didn't show things that I would consider a positive, or he has a very different idea of a quality life than I do. I think the guy is a living legend, I've liked most of the music he's put out, and I hope he can live to 150, but that documentary didn't leave me feeling very happy for him.
Old 09-17-13, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Yeah, he lives around the corner from the Rainbow and a couple of years a go one of those websites that gauge celebrity wealth listed his net worth in double digit millions. He was also on one of those lists that tell you how many chicks rockstars have banged. Supposedly he's banged like 3,000+ women. I haven't watched the documentary but am now very curious. He walked past me once and he's a little guy.
Old 09-17-13, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

"A little guy?" Are you Shaq? Lemmy is about 6'2.
Old 09-17-13, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by Traxan
"A little guy?" Are you Shaq? Lemmy is about 6'2.
I'm 6"2 and he was at least 5'6 or 5'7. Unless that was a pretty fucking convincing look-alike. Maybe Lemmy was wearing flats?
Old 09-17-13, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's not 5'7". No way I'm taller than him. Met him a couple times.

I think he's 5'9" or 5' 10". And even taller with his boots.
Old 09-17-13, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

By the way, the new song "Heartbreaker" has been playing on radio. Dunno where though...
Old 09-17-13, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
By the way, the new song "Heartbreaker" has been playing on radio. Dunno where though...
San Diego clearly has good radio. We'd never hear that in LA.

"Heartbreaker" is off their upcoming album, due later this year.
Old 09-17-13, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

I consider it a miracle that Lemmy has lived as long as he has. Who's lived harder than Lemmy has? And for as long? No one. He's a step below Nic Cage in Leaving Los Vegas and that was a fictional character. I'm surprised the man still has the ability to sing the way he does to be quite honest. Motorhead is a young mans band. How Lemmy continued carried the torch of Motorhead for nearly 40 years is a fucking mystery to me.
Old 09-02-15, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Looking very frail, Austin last night:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cX7P6c0VwBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-02-15, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

That is very sad

MOTÖRHEAD's LEMMY Stops Austin Show After Three Songs: 'I Can't Do It'

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mot...-i-cant-do-it/
Old 09-02-15, 12:29 PM

Damn... I only saw Motorhead once back in the late 80s opening for Slayer but they've been one of my favorites since I was a kid... this is beyond sad to see.
Old 09-02-15, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dread the day I'll have to write my super awesome Lemmy is dead tribute poem.
Old 09-02-15, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Unfortunately I think it's time for Lemmy to hang 'em up. Keep doing the studio albums, as I think their new one is really good. But he just doesn't have that Lemmy bellow any more.
Old 09-02-15, 10:58 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

I was ready to see them in Chicago next weekend

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.