Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The all things METALLICA thread!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The all things METALLICA thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-12, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

Shit I want a box set 30th anniversary on BLU-RAY also but knowing them working on the shows for release might delay the new album more years
Old 11-30-12, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is awesome.

From Blabbermouth:

METALLICA announced today that they have taken ownership of all their master recordings including all music and long-form videos, a move almost unprecedented for musicians signed to recording contracts. Under provision of their renegotiated joint venture agreement with the Warner Music Group in 1994, all masters revert back to the band as of today, November 30, 2012.

"We would like to thank everyone at the Warner Music Group for 28 years of a fantastic relationship, particularly since 1994 where we truly felt we had partners in every aspect of our business in North America," said the band's James Hetfield.

METALLICA also announced the launch of their new record label, Blackened Recordings. Blackened Recordings was created by the band as a home for all of their recordings, both audio and visual, and anything else that suits them. Blackened Recordings will handle all marketing and promotion duties and will enter into a deal with Rhino Entertainment, who will manufacture and distribute its releases in North America. Blackened Recordings will license their releases to the Universal Music Group internationally.

"It's always been about control for us as a band," said METALLICA's Lars Ulrich. "Forming Blackened Recordings is the ultimate in independence, giving us 100% control and putting us in the driver's seat of our own creative destiny."

The first release from Blackened will be "Quebec Magnetic" on Monday, December 10, 2012. "Quebec Magnetic" is a live DVD capturing the two World Magnetic live shows from Quebec City in the fall of 2009. The setlist for the DVD was voted on by over 35,000 fans at Metallica.com this past September. Fans can order it from the band's web site, www.metallica.com.

A message from METALLICA to the band's fans: "We like to make it a point here not to bore you with the not-so-exciting business aspects of making and sharing music, but we're so psyched about our new adventure that we just had to tell you about it as we officially launch our very own record label, Blackened Recordings.

"Some of you, who have followed along throughout the years, are aware that in 1994 we renegotiated our contract with the Warner Music Group, which resulted in a joint venture with our record company for releasing all of our recordings including longform videos. Per that agreement, as of today we have taken ownership of all of our master recordings and Blackened Recordings will be the home of all of our current albums and videos along with all future releases including the December 10 release of the 'Quebec Magnetic' DVD and Blu-ray.

"You may have heard us say it once or twice or a thousand times before, but it's always been about us taking control of all things 'TALLICA to give you 110% on every single level every single time. Forming Blackened Recordings is the ultimate in independence, putting us in the driver's seat of our own creative destiny. We're looking forward to making more music and getting it all out to you in our own unique way."
Old 11-30-12, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

I thought Metallica had owned their master recordings but this article mentions that they reclaimed them. I wonder by "reclaimed" if they mean "found" per this wiki article?
All of the Metallica songs in the game are from original masters, though locating some masters proved troublesome. Though Metallica were prepared to re-record songs as Aerosmith had done for Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, they were able to find the masters for their debut album Kill 'Em All in the basement of their former manager Johny Zazula.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero:_Metallica

Jonny Z to the rescue!
Old 11-30-12, 05:40 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Did Metallica ever remaster any of their albums on CD? I have the DCC gold remasters of Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, and they sound much better than the original CDs. I also have a DVD-Audio of the Black album. Maybe their new label can crank the volume of the remastered albums to the distorted levels used on Death Magnetic.
Old 12-01-12, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I remember [correctly] the whole 1994 situation when Metallica tried to get their MASTER recordings from ELEKTRA since they had a deal with the main dude there, the deal was 50/50 split on money with Metallica having control of their music then Elektra's higher-ups changed and so bye bye deal. Metallica then said ok we want out of our contract so Elektra said we're suing u for 100-million or something like that... So it was settled and Metallica has/had one of the best [if not the best] record deals ever.

SO I'M FUCKING GLAD & HAPPY THIS HAPPENED! MANY MORE STUFF TO COME!!

Yes as I mentioned before Metallica silently remastered their first four albums around 1994. If u look in the booklet and it mentions the METALLICA CLUB then those are it.
Old 12-01-12, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I think the Blu-ray of their Live in Mexico City performance from 2010 is epic. It's much better than the French one that came out that same year. I own them both.

"Mexicoooooooooooo!!!"
Old 12-01-12, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I think the Blu-ray of their Live in Mexico City performance from 2010 is epic. It's much better than the French one that came out that same year. I own them both.

"Mexicoooooooooooo!!!"
"Estan listos!"

but was fucking awesome is when BELLS starts and James introduces "on Bass Guitar my friend Roberto!"

also the NIMES colosseum was fucking awesome.
Old 12-01-12, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
"Estan listos!"

but was fucking awesome is when BELLS starts and James introduces "on Bass Guitar my friend Roberto!"

also the NIMES colosseum was fucking awesome.

Hell yeah! I actually went to Mexico 2 weeks after I got the Blu-ray and went to all of those spots featured in the video minus the stadium. It was rad.

The Nimes Colosseum was awesome, but the Mexico show just had more of a punch - probably due to it not being a 360 degree venue, etc....
Old 12-01-12, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hell yeah! I actually went to Mexico 2 weeks after I got the Blu-ray and went to all of those spots featured in the video minus the stadium. It was rad.

The Nimes Colosseum was awesome, but the Mexico show just had more of a punch - probably due to it not being a 360 degree venue, etc....
Wow that is

and blame the French
Old 12-05-12, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/76m2kmsAxhA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-06-12, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's why I pre-ordered 2 copies for $11.19 each at Amazon [+ 2 Day Free Shipping] a while back.

Also Best Buy will have it for $14.99.
Old 12-06-12, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WTF! happened to the quoted post above mine that I just replied to [#36].
Old 12-06-12, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Metallica on Spotify
December 6, 2012

We're beyond excited to announce that music from every single Metallica album is now streaming on Spotify! In our never ending quest for total control of the way our music is presented, we always make it a point to be sure that we are offering you the very best service by partnering with ground-breaking technology companies. So with that said, we are extremely proud to be a part of Spotify, who not only has a proven track record, but is by far the best streaming service.

Spotify was launched in Sweden in 2008 and has grown into a massive world-wide service with on-demand access to over 20 million songs. You can create and manage all your play-lists, share them with your friends and add to them by importing MP3's you already own. Now you can also take Spotify with you through their new mobile app.

We're always looking for more ways to get our music out to you, whether it's streaming live videos through our tour page on this site or offering downloads of live shows through LiveMetallica.com. Connecting with Spotify was the next logical step and we can't wait to see what the future brings!

Old 12-10-12, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yep, I'll be getting that Quebec Blu-ray for about $13, as well. I noticed that the Mexico City/France Blus are going for ridiculous amounts in the 3rd markets.
Old 12-11-12, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I'll be getting that Quebec Blu-ray for about $13, as well. I noticed that the Mexico City/France Blus are going for ridiculous amounts in the 3rd markets.
wow i had no idea that both the mexico city & france BDs were OOP already. i'm glad that i have them on both formats for both of the releases
Old 12-11-12, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah good thing I got 2 copies of NIMES Blu-ray from MET-site for $19.99 each... Got 2 copies of MEXICO 2DVD+2CD from a seller at Amazon for $40 each. And got the MEXICO Blu-ray in July for $29.99 from MET-site.
Old 12-11-12, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Arrived from Amazon nice & early today [around 9am]

So far have only watched the regular show, so fucking Awesome! Great to have a proper DM show. Will watch the bonus tracks tomorrow. Looks and sound great. WTF!? was that intro to MY APOCALYPSE, it was .

Lars chatting with the crowd before they finish with SEEK.
Old 12-12-12, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, finally decided to click on that link of Day that Never Comes above and have just seen that it's another 360 stage set up. I can already tell that it will not match up to the Mexico show. Oh well, the Blu-ray should sound phenomenal when it comes in.
Old 01-16-13, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cliff Burton Signature Bass

Over the years, many people have asked about the classic Aria Pro Black 'n Gold I bass that was Cliff's iconic instrument of choice and now Aria Guitars of Japan is proud to introduce the Aria Pro II Cliff Burton Signature Bass this month.

Working with Cliff's family and our guitar techs, attention was paid to every detail... see the description and specs in the official press release below. The bass will be officially launched at Winter NAMM in Anaheim, CA January 24-27. Cliff's father, Ray Burton, will be on hand at the Aria Guitars booth to do the introduction and sign autographs on Friday, January 25 at 12:00 noon.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

ARIA GUITARS ANNOUNCE THE LAUNCH OF
THE ARIA PRO II CLIFF BURTON
SIGNATURE BASS GUITAR

Aria Guitars of Japan is proud to introduce the Aria Pro II Cliff Burton Signature Bass. This guitar has been a year in the making and is being made with the authorization of the Cliff Burton family and Metallica. Cliff Burton was the bassist for Metallica for their first three albums, Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets.

The Aria Pro II Cliff Burton Signature Bass is a replica of the Black 'n Gold I bass that Cliff played. Painstaking attention to detail was taken to build a tribute bass. It has a 7-ply maple/walnut neck with a neck-through, heel-less neck design. It has the same headstock with the patent statement on the front and Cliff Burton's authorized signature on the back of the headstock. Each of the tuners are handcrafted out of brass and gold-plated and the 40mm nut is made of brass. The neck has a 34 inch scale with 24 frets. The fretboard is made of rosewood with cat eye and mother of pearl inlays.

The body is the original SB shape and made of alder. The Aria Pro II Cliff Burton Signature Bass is loaded with an Aria MB-V passive pickup. It has a single tone and volume control with a dual sound mini-toggle switch. The bridge is solid brass with gold plated saddles. The bass will ship inside of a deluxe ostrich hardshell case and a certificate of authenticity signed by Ray Burton. Both players and collectors alike will desire this unique bass guitar.

When the new Aria Pro II Cliff Burton Signature Bass was presented to Cliff's father, Ray Burton, he stated " What a beautiful instrument and a wonderful tribute to Cliff. The first year Cliff was with Metallica he played a Rickenbacker guitar that he purchased in 1982. He loved his guitar, but he did not feel it was a strong enough instrument to withstand the rugged treatment of the daily rigors of heavy metal touring. Early in 1984 Cliff was treated to an Aria Pro II bass guitar. He really liked it and therefore did not seek any other bass to play. He told me it was strong and ideal to play. I never heard a discouraging word about his Aria bass guitars. To give testament to his preference, he had several of them at the time of his death."

The Aria Pro II Cliff Burton Signature Bass will be officially launched at Winter NAMM in Anaheim, California on January 24-27, 2013 in the Aria Guitars booth, Hall E, Booth #1548. Cliff Burton's father, Ray Burton, will officially introduce the guitar on Friday, January 25, 2013 at 12 o'clock noon and be available to sign autographs for dealers and Metallica fans. The Aria Pro II Cliff Burton Signature Bass will be available through authorized Aria dealers in the United States and throughout the world. North America dealers can contact Jim Chen of Audio Images in San Francisco, California at 415-957-9131 for more details.

Specifications:

Headstock: Original SB Design
Neck Shape: Standard, Medium
Neck: 7 Ply Maple/Walnut
Neck Joint: Neck-through, Heel-less Cutaway
Tuners: Handmade Solid Brass Tuner Buttons, 24 K Gold Plated
Nut: 40mm Width Solid Brass
Truss rod Cover: Solid Brass
Headstock Front Inlays: Patent Statement
Headstock Back Inlay: Cliff Burton Authorized Signature

Fretboard Scale: 34" or 864mm
Frets: 24 Frets
Fretboard: Rosewood
Fretboard Inlays: Cat Eye, Mother of Pearl Inlays

Body Shape: Original SB Shape, Super Balanced Body
Body Material: Alder
Pickup: Aria MB-V Passive Pickup
Controls: 1xVolume, 1xTone, 1-Dual Sound Mini-Toggle Switch
Knobs: Black SB Knobs
Tailpiece: Solid Brass With 24K Gold Plated Saddles and Black Plated Body
Strap Pins: 18K Gold Plated Solid Brass
Strings: Rotosound RS66LB (35, 55, 70, 90)
Certificate: Certificate of Authenticity Signed by Ray Burton and Toshi Matsumura
Case: Deluxe Ostrich Hardshell Case With Gold Hardware
Old 01-16-13, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

M3D

We're back with an update on that little project we told you about last year... the Metallica 3D movie filmed in Vancouver in August of 2012. Some of you were kind enough to be a huge part of our three nights of filming and may be wondering just what the heck has been happening since then. Throughout the Fall and first part of this year, we've been working with director Nimród Antal and a team of editors to pull all the pieces together and so we are beyond excited to now actually have a release date and a title... drum-roll please, "Metallica Through The Never" coming to theatres on August 9!

We're also proud to announce that we will be teaming up with independent film marketing and distribution company Picturehouse to help us spread the love in theatres. Like your friends in 'Tallica, Picturehouse is truly independent, take big chances and often think outside of the box. Founder Bob Berney has overseen the releases of two of the most successful independent films ever, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and "The Passion of the Christ," while under his leadership Picturehouse acquired and released such acclaimed features as "Pan's Labyrinth" (winner of three Academy Awards and "La Vie en Rose" (winner of two Academy Awards, including best actress for Marion Cotillard) as well as many other cutting edge, critically acclaimed and award winning films.

It goes without saying that we are really just getting rolling here and will have many more updates for you. And of course, we can't wait for you to see the film!!

Official Press Release

PICTUREHOUSE REOPENS ITS DOORS WITH FOUNDER BOB BERNEY AT THE HELM

Theatrical Distributor's First New Release Will Be the Highly Anticipated Feature Film Metallica Through The Never

Company has Signed Multi-Year Output Deal with Netflix

January 15, 2013, New York City — Picturehouse, the full-service independent film marketing and distribution company started in 2005, is reopening its doors with founder Bob Berney at the helm. Berney will serve as CEO and Jeanne Berney will serve as President of the relaunched company, which will continue to be based in New York.

"We are absolutely thrilled to be back in business under the Picturehouse banner," said Mr. Berney, who recently acquired the trademark and logo from Warner Bros. "We worked very hard to build it into a brand known for acquiring exciting, challenging and entertaining films from the U.S. and around the world, and helping them find their audiences."

Picturehouse's first new release will be Metallica Through The Never a feature film starring members of the iconic rock band and Dane DeHaan (Chronicle, The Amazing Spider-Man 2). DeHaan plays a young band crew member who is sent out on an urgent mission while the band is playing a rousing live set in front of a sold-out crowd and unexpectedly finds his world turned completely upside down. The film, written and directed by Nimród Antal (Kontroll, Predators), is due in theaters August 9. One of the bestselling rock acts of all time, Metallica has sold over 105 million albums worldwide.

"Nim and the band have made a film that really captures the spirit of Metallica and their millions of loyal fans," said Mr. Berney. "It's an entertaining genre film with a concert inside it, a fun ride featuring an exciting young actor, Dane DeHaan. It's a very cool project to reboot Picturehouse with."

Added Metallica drummer and founding member Lars Ulrich: "Metallica's way of doing things is to jump into unexplored creative endeavors with no safety net whatsoever. Putting this movie together for the last couple of years has been a pretty wild ride, and we've definitely done our share of flying without a net! Bringing Bob and Jeanne and the new Picturehouse team in at this point provides us with a much needed level of security for the distribution of the film. Their spirit of independence and desire to work outside the box is something we can relate to in every way, and this makes them both a welcome addition and a natural fit in the Metallica family."

Picturehouse will acquire, market and theatrically distribute independent films from the U.S. and around the world. The company expects to release two or three films this year, increasing its output to four or five in 2014 and six or seven in subsequent years.

The company recently signed an exclusive, multi-year output deal with Netflix, the world's leading Internet television network. Picturehouse films will come to Netflix exclusively in the United States shortly after theatrical release.

"Bob and Jeanne are legendary tastemakers and innovators who were early partners with Netflix in bringing amazing movies like Pan's Labyrinth and La Vie en Rose to our service," said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. "Netflix members love independent films and the Berneys have indisputably great taste."

In addition, Picturehouse has secured a first look relationship with Warner Bros. Pictures International for films to which it has international distribution rights.

Mr. Berney headed the company when it was originally formed in April 2005 as a joint venture between HBO and New Line Cinema. Under his leadership, Picturehouse acquired and released such acclaimed features as Guillermo del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth (winner of three Academy Awards®); Olivier Dahan's La Vie en Rose (winner of two Academy Awards, including best actress for Marion Cotillard); Sergei Bodrov's Mongol; Patricia Rozema's Kit Kittredge: An American Girl; Robert Altman's A Prairie Home Companion; and Seth Gordon's documentary The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. When Time Warner folded the operations of New Line and Picturehouse into the Warner Bros. family, the brand continued to live on through the home entertainment and television releases of the films.

Mr. Berney, who has founded and operated some of the most successful independent film distribution and marketing companies of the last decade, has overseen the U.S. theatrical releases of blockbusters such as My Big Fat Greek Wedding and The Passion of the Christ as well as critically hailed films including Christopher Nolan's Memento, Alfonso Cuaron's Y Tu Mamá También and Niki Caro's Whale Rider.

Most recently, Mr. Berney co-founded and served as President, Theatrical Distribution of FilmDistrict, a multi-faceted acquisition, distribution, production and financing company, whose initial releases, Insidious, Soul Surfer, Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark and Drive, grossed over $150 million in domestic box office. Previously, as CEO of Apparition, Berney presided over the release of Bright Star, Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day, The Young Victoria and The Runaways.

Mr. Berney also served as President and Partner at Newmarket Films, releasing numerous features including Mel Gibson's $370 million-grossing The Passion of the Christ; Monster, for which Charlize Theron won the Best Actress Academy Award; and Whale Rider, a breakthrough family film that also received a Best Actress nomination. Newmarket sold its distribution operation to Time Warner as part of the formation of Picturehouse. Before that, Berney ran IFC Films, where he acquired and oversaw the release of films including the $240-million surprise hit My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Y Tu Mamá También.

Entertainment marketing veteran Jeanne Berney most recently served as Executive Vice President of Marketing at FilmDistrict. Before that, she was Executive Vice President of Marketing and Administration for Apparition.

Ms. Berney also served as Director of Public Relations and Marketing at the Film Society of Lincoln Center, where she was responsible for the campaigns for all of the Society's year-round programs. Previously, Ms. Berney ran the Film and Digital Entertainment Group at Rogers & Cowan and held publicity and promotion positions at Rysher Entertainment, Savoy Pictures and Miramax Films.
Old 01-17-13, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That Burton bass is sweet. Incredible to see the legacy of the man still thriving.

I hope the 3D movie is good. Sounds like an ambitious undertaking, and I hope they succeed.
Old 01-21-13, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Damn, that bass is beautiful. Makes me want to dust off my old basses and jam on something.
Old 01-23-13, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm kinda worried about that 3D movie. Since when do concerts with scripted non-musical interludes ever work? Maybe it'll function like a music video but by the description it seems rife for mockery. Kudos for taking chances I suppose.

Bass looks pretty cool. Kinda cracks me up that Cliff's dad will be on hand to sign autographs. Who is dying to get an autograph from Cliff's dad?
Old 01-30-13, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lifetime Achievement?!

Wow... a "Lifetime Achievement" award? Are we worthy? So say our friends over at Revolver Magazine and we are beyond honored that we will be the recipients of the "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award" at the fifth annual Golden Gods Awards Show on Thursday, May 2 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, CA. We are about to join some incredible stellar company with previous winners Rush, Lemmy Kilmister, Ozzy Osbourne, and Mötley Crüe.

The night will be quite the party as Chris Jericho hosts America’s only hard rock awards show that will be broadcast live for the first time ever on AXS TV in North America and globally through Xbox LIVE and Facebook. We’ll be playing a couple of songs live as will many of our touring buddies including Anthrax, Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Sour, Dillinger Escape Plan, and others. Rob Zombie and Tony Iommi will be on hand to receive awards of their own . . . the "Golden God" and "Riff Lord" awards, respectively.

Fans everywhere will be able to vote for their favs for a number of awards to be presented that night (see the complete list in the official press release below). Voting is currently open at GoldenGodsAwards.com and ends on April 15.

Tickets to the live awards show/performances go on sale February 4 at 10:00 AM PST at axs.com/venues/101912/club-nokia. Club members should log in for details about a special pre-sale for you starting allocation of tickets being held just for you.

For more info, go to revolvermag.com/goldengods or facebook.com/goldengodsawards

Full Press Release Below

Spoiler:

FIFTH ANNUAL REVOLVER GOLDEN GODS AWARD SHOW
PRESENTED BY EPIPHONE®
SET FOR THURSDAY, MAY 2 AT CLUB NOKIA
IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES

METALLICA
TO PERFORM LIVE AND RECEIVE THE
“RONNIE JAMES DIO LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT” AWARD

ROB ZOMBIE TO RECEIVE “GOLDEN GOD AWARD”

TONY IOMMI TO BE HONORED WITH “RIFF LORD” AWARD

LIVE CONCERT WITH:
-METALLICA
- FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
-ANTHRAX
-STONE SOUR
-DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN
-HALESTORM
-OTHERS TO BE ANNOUNCED…

Sebastian Bach AND DEE SNIDER to host the “Black Carpet” pre-show

exclusive national television broadcast through AXS TV,
AND GLOBAL BROADCAST ON XBOX Live and Facebook

TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4 VIA AXS.COM

The Hard Rock Café, Hollywood, CA (January 30, 2013) – America’s only hard-rock and heavy-metal award show is back and bigger than ever in 2013! The fifth annual REVOLVER GOLDEN GODS AWARD SHOW presented by Epiphone® will take place Thursday, May 2 at Club Nokia in Downtown Los Angeles. And for the first time ever, the event will be broadcast live on national television through AXS TV and broadcast in the United States and key international markets through Xbox LIVE and Facebook. Tickets are available via Ticketmaster, click: axs.com/venues/101912/club-nokia

FOZZY frontman and WWE pro-wrestling legend Chris Jericho will reprise his role as host for the fourth consecutive year. The nominees in 11 different fan-voted categories, plus the recipients of this year’s prestigious “Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award,” (presented by Ernie Ball), “Golden God Award” (presented by Sumerian Records®), and “Riff Lord” (presented by EMG Pickups®), were revealed at a press conference held at the Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood in Los Angeles. Host Chris Jericho was on hand, along with Sebastian Bach, Five Finger Death Punch, Halestorm, Scott Ian (Anthrax), Maria Brink and Chris Howorth (In This Moment), John 5 (Rob Zombie), Greg Puciato (Dillinger Escape Plan) and Zakk Wylde to announce the nominees. Halestorm performed a special live set, including a guest appearance by Sebastian Bach on a cover of the Skid Row classic “Slave to the Grind.”

Fans everywhere can cast their vote to decide who will take home the awards for “Best Guitarist” (presented by Epiphone®), “Best Drummer” (presented by Drum Workshop®), “Best Vocalist” (presented by Rockstar Energy Drink®), “Album of the Year” (presented by Orange Amplification®), “Song of the Year,” “Best Live Band” (presented by Samson®/Zoom®), “Best New Talent,” “Most Metal Athlete,” (presented by Roadrunner Records®), “Comeback of the Year,” “Paul Gray Best Bassist” (presented by Dean Markley®) and “Most Dedicated Fans” (presented by Xbox LIVE®). Voting is currently open at GoldenGodsAwards.com and ends on April 15th.

The Golden God Award (presented by Sumerian Records®), which is given to one special honoree a year who embodies the spirit of hard rock and metal, will go to Rob Zombie, who commented, “What can I say? It is a complete honor to receive this award and have my name join the list of such legendary past winners as Alice Cooper and Gene Simmons. Pretty cool deal to be part of the Golden God club.” (The other previous honorees are Rob Halford of JUDAS PRIEST and Dave Mustaine of MEGADETH.) Rob Zombie will be releasing his brand new album, Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Zodiac Swan/T-Boy/Ume), on April 23rd and his latest feature film, The Lords of Salem (Anchor Bay), on April 26th.

The Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award (presented by Ernie Ball®), will go to hard-rock and metal icons METALLICA, who will release the 3D movie Through the Never in August. (Previous honorees include RUSH, MÖTLEY CRÜE, Lemmy Kilmister of MOTÖRHEAD and Ozzy Osbourne.) Metallica’s Lars Ulrich commented, “Since the Revolver Golden Gods Awards is fast becoming THE most rocking awards ceremony in the hard rock world, we are beyond psyched to be at the receiving end of this shout out and in the distinguished company of Rush, Lemmy, Ozzy and Mötley Crüe. I was hanging out and presenting at the shenanigans two years ago and the energy in the room and the vibe backstage was beyond fucking cool, so Metallica is chomping at the bit to partake in this year's event. Once again, we are honored to be recognized as achievers (!!) and we can't wait to get up and jam onstage and sweat for and on everybody gathered.”

The Riff Lord Award, (presented by EMG Pickups®) is given each year to a legendary guitarist in the field of hard rock & heavy metal. This year it’s going to none other than Black Sabbath axeman, Tony Iommi, who had this to say about the honor, "What a great honour to receive the Golden Gods Riff Lord Award for 2013, especially with our new Sabbath album coming out. I hope there will be some new favorite riffs in these songs.” Slash of Guns N’ Roses and Velvet Revolver won the award last year.

Adding to the celebration, the 2013 REVOLVER GOLDEN GODS AWARDS SHOW will feature one-of-a-kind special performances and collaborations that honor both the past, present and future of heavy music. The night’s hard-rocking musical performances will include sets by Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch, Anthrax, Stone Sour, Dillinger Escape Plan and Halestorm, with more performers to be announced in the coming weeks. Ivan Moody, lead singer of Five Finger Death Punch, had this to say about his band’s Golden Gods performance, “Being in the studio these last few months working on our new album, the momentum has been building. We are ready to be back where we belong—onstage in front of all of you! What better way to play our first show of 2013 than with our family at Revolver Magazine and on America’s only hard-rock and heavy-metal awards show!”

Returning as well is the “Black Carpet” pre-show that will be hosted by legendary heavy-metal frontmen Sebastian Bach and Dee Snider. Bach and Snider will be interviewing all the nominees, honorees and performers on the Revolver Black Carpet before show time for the special, which will air on both AXS TV and Xbox LIVE.

Also announced today was the launch of the first-ever Revolver Road to the Golden Gods Tour. Featuring Stone Sour and In This Moment, the 30-city national tour will kick off in March and conclude at the 2013 Revolver Golden Gods Awards Show. Stone Sour lead singer Corey Taylor says, “Me and the guys in Stone Sour are very excited, not only to be a part of the Golden Gods, but also to be headline the first Road to the Golden Gods Tour! The Golden Gods is the only awards show in America that truly recognizes and honors our genre; so to be a part of a tour that they sponsor is something that we are all very proud of. We’re looking forward to the tour, and looking forward to the awards ceremony. We promise we will have something special that no one will ever forget!”

Cast your vote now at goldengodsawards.com. The nominees for the 2013 REVOLVER GOLDEN GODS AWARDS presented by Epiphone® are:

BEST GUITARIST presented by Epiphone
John 5 (Rob Zombie & solo)
Stephen Carpenter (Deftones)
Alex Lifeson (Rush)
Misha Mansoor (Periphery)
Brendon Small (Dethklok)
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

BEST DRUMMER presented by Drum Workshop
Abe Cunningham (Deftones)
Mario Duplantier (Gojira)
Arejay Hale (Halestorm)
Gene Hoglan (Dethklok & Testament)
Roy Mayorga (Stone Sour)
Neil Peart (Rush)

PAUL GRAY BEST BASSIST presented by Dean Markley
Rex Brown (Kill Devil Hill)
Steve Harris (Iron Maiden & solo)
Lemmy Kilmister (Motörhead)
Geddy Lee (Rush)
Jason Newsted (Newsted)
Sergio Vega (Deftones)

BEST VOCALIST presented by Rockstar Energy Drink
Phil Anselmo (Down & solo)
Maria Brink (In This Moment)
Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)
Lzzy Hale (Halestorm)
Chino Moreno (Deftones)
Corey Taylor (Stone Sour & Slipknot)

BEST NEW TALENT
Device
Ghost
Kvelertak
Miss May I
Of Mice & Men
Young Guns

MOST METAL ATHLETE presented by Roadrunner Records
Tom Crabtree (Green Bay Packers, NFL)
Tanner Faust (Rally and drifting car racing)
Clay Guida (Mixed Martial Arts fighting, UFC)
Triple H (WWE wrestling)
Geoff Rowley (Skateboarding)
CJ Wilson (Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, MLB)

BEST LIVE BAND presented by Samson/Zoom
Anthrax
Five Finger Death Punch
Hatebreed
Lamb of God
Slipknot
Volbeat

COMEBACK OF THE YEAR
Aerosmith
The Darkness
Quicksand
Refused
Soundgarden
Tenacious D

SONG OF THE YEAR
Asking Alexandria, “Run Free”
Avenged Sevenfold, “Carry On”
Black Veil Brides, “In The End”
Dethklok, “I Ejaculate Fire”
Halestorm, “Love Bites (So Do I)”
In This Moment, “Blood”

MOST DEDICATED FANS presented by Xbox LIVE
Black Label Society
Black Veil Brides
A Day To Remember
HIM
Rammstein
Slipknot

ALBUM OF THE YEAR presented by Orange Amplification
Deftones, Koi No Yokan
Gojira, L’Enfant Sauvage
Halestorm, The Strange Case of…
Marilyn Manson, Born Villain
Soundgarden, King Animal
Stone Sour, House of Gold & Bones Part 1

For more information on tickets for the REVOLVER GOLDEN GODS AWARDS, please log on to: axs.com/venues/101912/club-nokia.
Old 02-13-13, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Shit I hope not, haven't been a member in ages and when I was I did get the first four FAN CANS.

And it sucks 'cause the last Fan Can was with the DENMARK Blu-ray

I WANT MORE "MET" BLU-RAYS!
My copy arrived Saturday
James with no guitar and mic in hand walking+singing SEEK & DESTROY

Picture/Info taken from Ebay

PRO-SHOT SHOW FROM JULY 27, 2009 AT THE FORUM IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK.

TRACK LISTING:
The Ecstasy Of Gold
That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Ride The Lightning
The Memory Remains
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Leper Messiah
Sad But True
No Leaf Clover
Suicide and Redemption
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Dyers Eve
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Last Caress
Phantom Lord
Seek and Destroy

EXTRAS:
My Apocalypse: from Thursday July 23, 2009
Disposable Heroes: from Tuesday July 28, 2009
The Judas Kiss: from Wednesday July 22, 2009
All Nightmare Long: from Monday July 20, 2009
The Ecstasy Of Gold: from Tuesday July 28, 2009
Trapped Under Ice: from Wednesday July 22, 2009

Fan Interviews:
James Hetfield Interviewed by Matt Rees
Lars Ulrich Interviewed by Jens Schonnemann
Kirk Hammett Interviewed by Dennis Aspeele
Robert Trujillo Interviewed by Dainis Rijkuris

- Tuning Room
- Rehearsal
- Behind The Scenes

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.