Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Kahn officially announces leave from Kamelot

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Kahn officially announces leave from Kamelot

Old 04-22-11, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Khan officially announces leave from Kamelot

This is starting to get ridiculous with all the key members leaving my favorite bands!

http://www.myspace.com/roykhanofficial/blog/542719606

Apr 21, 2011
So long!

Dear fans & friends,

There have been a lot of speculations around why I am not touring with Kamelot and I want to make a statement although it may not prevent further guessing as to what's actually going on. It is a fact however that I told the guys in the band already last fall (well after my burnout) that I was leaving the band. Naturally enough they were shocked (as was the label and everyone else working with Kamelot). In addition to risk of dropping ticket sales they wanted to give me time to think things over, and so I did. My decision still stands; It is finished.

I am currently spending time with my family in Norway taking it easy and wondering profoundly what the future is going to bring. Communication with the outer world has been so and so, but I have had several talks with Thomas along the way although I am still called in sick. I am terribly sorry that my decision is affecting so many others and I want you to know I wish the band & associates all the best for the future and that I enjoyed every second in the spotlight. How could I not...they were nourished by the best fans in the world! I am eternally thankful for everything you and Kamelot have given me and equally sorry that it has to end here. The good news is; God was there after all...

Love you to death!!!

All the best & so long,
Roy Khan

Last edited by Snowmaker; 04-22-11 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-22-11, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Kahn officially announces leave from Kamelot

Who from what?
Old 04-22-11, 09:45 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Perhaps to spend more time playing Mortal Kombat?
Old 04-22-11, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Groucho
Perhaps to spend more time playing Mortal Kombat?
Not nearly as funny.

Band's official statement:

http://www.kamelot.com/site/news/kam...ment/#more-823

Kamelot statement
Posted on April 22, 2011
With a heavy heart we can now announce that Roy Khan has chosen to leave the band. We wanted to give him ample time for this kind of decision, due to his recent burnout and also the amount of amazing times we have shared with him in Kamelot. We respectfully accept his resignation from the band and wish him the best in his future endeavors. The timing is actually good since we feel the uncertainty the fans have had can now be laid to rest and the band can move on to finding a new singer. “The tour is going great so far and the fans have been amazing throughout this entire process” – adds keyboardist Oliver Palotai. With the new tour already in progress, Kamelot has already begun the search for a new vocalist. “I have a few guys in mind”, said band founder Thomas Youngblood. “And as you can imagine, it is a very important decision. There are some amazing singers that have already contacted us on this but we will take our time to find the right person”. Due to the overwhelming success of the recent shows in South America, we are pleased to announce new shows in November/December for Europe (stay tuned).

* The band headlines the Print de Temps Festival tonight and will play a Amsterdam (nearing sold-out) concert tomorrow followed by a full headliner tour with special guests Evergrey, Amaranthe and Sons of Seasons. (* Guest vocalists Fabio Lione and Tommy Karevik). Thank you for your support and see you on tour!!

Thomas, Casey, Oliver and Sean

And for those not familiar with Kamelot, they're best compared to the Queensryche of the 1980's - early 90's.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J-TUufvK0gU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/woRaHKNEs8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-22-11, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 05-05-11, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts

Damn.