Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

A simple DOORS question

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

A simple DOORS question

Old 11-20-08, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
A simple DOORS question

Which CD's of theirs can I find "The End" complete with the F-bombs?
Old 11-20-08, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the recently remastered version (the one that was released in 2007 with bonus tracks) of their debut album - The Doors - now has it. Pretty sure that it's the same version on The Very Best Of two CD set that came out last year, too, and the nearly similar set from 2003 - Legacy: The Absolute Best. I know it's definitely on the latter. It's probably on the Perception box set, as well.

Basically, I think the story was that some years back the surviving members of the band and original engineer Bruce Botnick remastered and newly remixed all of the band's catalog. It was decided that since some of the lyrics which were edited at the time of their original release (because they were considered to controversial), were now tame by today's standards. So they went back and readjusted them - mainly the versions of both "Break On Through (To the Other Side)" (the lyrics "she gets high" are restored, the "high" was previously cut) and "The End" (with all the F-bombs) - so that they would now reflect Morrison's true intent.
Old 11-21-08, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
Thanks. I heard the uncut version play at a store I was at a few months back. Guess I forgot to ask the clerk which CD it was.