Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Anything reasonable at Borders

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-08, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have $15 in Borders Bucks (received when cashing out E-Rewards dollars) and am a Borders Rewards member. I've never shopped at Borders before--only went once to the cashier to get a rewards cars. I received a coupon for 30% off any single item to be used by Nov 10. Their selection is decent but prices are very high--sometimes 40% higher than other online stores. I want to buy the new Enya CD that comes out on Nov 11 but by then the coupon will be expired. Do they frequently send out coupons to rewards members or just once in a blue moon? What are some reasonably priced cd titles at Borders? If there isn't then maybe it's best to get an esoteric title that can't be found anywhere else.
Old 11-08-08, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every month of this year with the exception of September has seen a 40% off CD coupon. I think this month will have one because of the holiday shopping season. Otherwise, there's usually a 25% off coupon around all the time. Don't forget that the Borders Bucks expire at the end of the month, so don't let it go to waste just because you can't find a good coupon.
Old 11-08-08, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
All the CDs will generally be at msrp. The exceptions are usually new releases and some random sales. However, any coupon will only be off msrp. You can usually find coupons for 30% off each week and they will at times go up to 40%.
Old 11-10-08, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
hey...look:

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/cou...A_20081110_REW
Old 11-10-08, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Yeah Borders seems to always have deals. I can't say the deals are always for things that one may want at the time, but the deals are still pretty decent.

I'm a Rewards member too and I get emails with coupons and heads up to deals -all the time-. Did you give them an e-mail when you signed up?

Borders Rewards Perks

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-10-08 at 05:16 AM.