Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Favorite AC/DC Album?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live
View Poll Results: Favorite AC/DC Album?
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
8.16%
High Voltage
4.08%
Let There Be Rock
2.04%
Highway to Hell
30.61%
Back in Black
44.90%
For Those About to Rock
2.04%
Fly on the Wall
0%
The Razors Edge
2.04%
Ballbreaker
0%
Other
6.12%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Favorite AC/DC Album?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other - Powerage
Old 10-25-08, 08:30 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Highway To Hell . . . and yes, where is Powerage? That would be a very close second.
Old 10-25-08, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
1. Back in Black
2. Highway to Hell
3. Flick of the Switch

I'm surprised that #3 isn't getting more love. They haven't put out an album as good as that since then. Not even close (again, I consider that to be their last great album).
Old 10-25-08, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked Flick Of The Switch a lot too, but it does have it's faults (but also GREAT songs like "Nervous Shakedown"). I think "Black Ice" is on par w/ FOTS.
Old 10-25-08, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B5Erik
1. Back in Black
2. Highway to Hell
3. Flick of the Switch

I'm surprised that #3 isn't getting more love. They haven't put out an album as good as that since then. Not even close (again, I consider that to be their last great album).

Beg to differ with you Erik, "The Razors Edge" was there last great album, suprising i'm the only one so far that picked it on the poll as there favorite, and yes "Flick of the Switch" is also a great album, it should have been on the poll instead of "Ballbreaker" IMO, also no love for "Fly on the Wall" i personally love that album.
Old 10-25-08, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
Originally Posted by johnbook
Beg to differ with you Erik, "The Razors Edge" was there last great album, suprising i'm the only one so far that picked it on the poll as there favorite, and yes "Flick of the Switch" is also a great album, it should have been on the poll instead of "Ballbreaker" IMO, also no love for "Fly on the Wall" i personally love that album.
Honestly? With the exception of a couple songs ("Thunderstruck" is outstanding), The Razor's Edge strikes me as a weak AC/DC album.
Old 10-26-08, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B5Erik
Honestly? With the exception of a couple songs ("Thunderstruck" is outstanding), The Razor's Edge strikes me as a weak AC/DC album.
I wouldn't necessarily call The Razor's Edge totally awesome. Good, yes. But weak? No. It certainly had a good amount of airplay for an AC/DC album - "Thunderstruck", "Are You Ready", "Money Talks", "Mistress For Christmas", and I think even "Fire Your Guns" got some attention round these parts.

That's more than I can say about Ballbreaker, which for all intents and purposes had one good song - "Hard As A Rock" - and it was also the only one that I recall getting any radio time. The title track may have, but I'm not as sure.

Fly On The Wall, with the exception of "Danger", never really did much for me. Granted, that was a fairly popular album for airplay, too, I just didn't personally care for it. I like Blow Up Your Video, better.

Damn, let's just get started on that AC/DC Album by Album thread. If no one else is willing to get one going, I'll start one next week, myself.