Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Which Rock Bands/ Artists Are Future Slam-Dunk First-Ballot Rock & Roll Inductees?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Which Rock Bands/ Artists Are Future Slam-Dunk First-Ballot Rock & Roll Inductees?

Old 10-23-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Between Siamese Dream and MCIS, I think Smashing Pumpkins are good to go soon. Gish came out in 1991 so I guess we're only looking at 2 or 3 more rounds before they're eligible.
Old 10-23-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
between siamese dream and mcis, i think smashing pumpkins are good to go soon. Gish came out in 1991 so i guess we're only looking at 2 or 3 more rounds before they're eligible.
Old 10-23-08, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho
Shit I was thinking 25 years, but still only added 20.
Old 10-23-08, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Millheiser
I fucking hate this phrase, but EPIC FAIL.

Kravitz has never been liked by critics, generally written off as a derivative hack more known for looks/posturing than actual talent. Legend? Not even close. And he's freakin' TERRIBLE live.
I am going to add a big +1 to that. His studio stuff is catchy and the video are cool, but he does indeed suck live. And once you get past the hits, what is there?
Old 10-23-08, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,168 Likes on 4,198 Posts
Originally Posted by macnorton
I am going to add a big +1 to that. His studio stuff is catchy and the video are cool, but he does indeed suck live. And once you get past the hits, what is there?
Hey, maybe I'm completely wrong on him. It just seemed to me that he's one of the last "classic rock" solo artists and he's had a good long productive career.

I listened to his Greatest Hits album a couple of days ago just to check and I think his body of hits matches up well with other solo artists who have been inducted (like Mellencamp for example). I haven't seen him live in 20 years though, so I'll defer to you on that front.