Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-01-08, 08:51 AM   #1
STR1PES

Joe Satriani: Professor Satchafunkilus and the Musterion of Rock (out today!)

It's out today.......got my copy yesterday...

The song Andalusia is worth the purchase price alone.....guitar god! One of Joe's best!
Old 04-01-08, 11:50 PM   #2
Jippy
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been a Satch fan for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time now. Sad to say this was a CD I was very much looking forward to and when I tried to play it today, I must have skipped over at least five tracks. I agree that there is some good material here, title track, Asik Veysel, and Andalusia. The rest should have been left out. I would have much preferred him to release an a handful of new studio songs and coupled it with some live tracks from this Surfing With the Alein anniversary shows last summer.
"People can hurl any epithet they want about the snobbishness they think audiophiles retain. Let them drink their wine from boxes. The sound of my Bob Ludwig–mastered pressing of Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy coming through my system cuts through their contempt like Toshiro Mifune's katana blade!" - Henry Rollins
Old 04-02-08, 09:24 AM   #3
STR1PES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jippy
I've been a Satch fan for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time now. Sad to say this was a CD I was very much looking forward to and when I tried to play it today, I must have skipped over at least five tracks. I agree that there is some good material here, title track, Asik Veysel, and Andalusia. The rest should have been left out. I would have much preferred him to release an a handful of new studio songs and coupled it with some live tracks from this Surfing With the Alein anniversary shows last summer.
The songs you mention bleed speed....but you gotta have some slower toned down songs every once in a while or it would just all sound the same. Just my opinion though....I thoroughly am enjoying the album
Old 04-02-08, 11:09 AM   #4
Holysmoker

I got this yesterday. It's the first Satch disc I've bought since Crystal Planet. I've gone through it twice and I like everything except I Just Wanna Rock. That one rubs me the wrong way. Asik Veysel ,as mentioned, is a great track.