Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Joe Satriani: Professor Satchafunkilus and the Musterion of Rock (out today!)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-01-08, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's out today.......got my copy yesterday...

The song Andalusia is worth the purchase price alone.....guitar god! One of Joe's best!
Old 04-01-08, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been a Satch fan for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time now. Sad to say this was a CD I was very much looking forward to and when I tried to play it today, I must have skipped over at least five tracks. I agree that there is some good material here, title track, Asik Veysel, and Andalusia. The rest should have been left out. I would have much preferred him to release an a handful of new studio songs and coupled it with some live tracks from this Surfing With the Alein anniversary shows last summer.
Old 04-02-08, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jippy
I've been a Satch fan for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time now. Sad to say this was a CD I was very much looking forward to and when I tried to play it today, I must have skipped over at least five tracks. I agree that there is some good material here, title track, Asik Veysel, and Andalusia. The rest should have been left out. I would have much preferred him to release an a handful of new studio songs and coupled it with some live tracks from this Surfing With the Alein anniversary shows last summer.
The songs you mention bleed speed....but you gotta have some slower toned down songs every once in a while or it would just all sound the same. Just my opinion though....I thoroughly am enjoying the album
Old 04-02-08, 10:09 AM

I got this yesterday. It's the first Satch disc I've bought since Crystal Planet. I've gone through it twice and I like everything except I Just Wanna Rock. That one rubs me the wrong way. Asik Veysel ,as mentioned, is a great track.