Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Roger Friedman of Fox "news" and Mariah Carey's manager give Madonna negative spin

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Roger Friedman of Fox "news" and Mariah Carey's manager give Madonna negative spin

Old 07-18-07, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://perezhilton.com/?p=1651#respond

thought it was important for fans here to know why Roger Friedman from Fox News bashes Madonna so much (as well as Tommy Mottola). Apparently, his personal email account has been hacked and this is going around different record companies. I thought it was BS at first, but the personal email accounts are real and the dates seem real, although I didn’t have a lot of time to check everything. Here are some of the juicy details:
Sent: Monday, January 1, 2006 9:02 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc:
Subject: Happy New Year!
Roger:
Can you believe I’m up this early working. I’m going to be using this email address for our correspondence not my other address. also excuse my spelling and other grammar errors but it’s hard to type on this thing. anyway I hope you are planning to attend the O’Malley event tonight. there will be tons of surprises!
Sent: Monday, January 2, 2006 10:40 AM
To: B.M.[[email protected]]
Cc:
Subject: RE: Happy New Year!
Happy New Year Benny—
As you can tell by my absence, I wasn’t able to make the O’Malley thing because I’m just getting over that virus—you know, the one everybody in NYC has. Mariah was superb on Dick Clark’s special. I just hope she didn’t freeze to death. Anyhow, I’m getting ready to write that hit piece on Tommy Mottola. What should I put in the article, besides the Casablanca thing? I have to submit this tomorrow evening, so please get back to me as soon as possible.
Sent: Monday, January 2, 2006 11:38 AM
Cc:
Subject: RE: RE: Happy New Year!
Roger:
A couple of things you may want to mention-stress mariah’s recent success as well as usher giving him up as well. You may want to mention Thalia (as if anybody knows who she is). Other than that just rip him to shreds!
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2006 7:32 AM
Cc:
Subject: Grammy Awards
Roger:
looking forward to seeing you tonight at the show.
I hear she is going to win at least five awards tonight and one is in a major category. you know she wanted to open the show but the aneroxic whore will instead.
Mariah was upset at first but i told her not to worry since nobody (in the industry at least) cares about the madonna peformance in the first place. Are you going to our celebration party afterwards at Burkles?
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2006 8:09 AM
Cc:
Subject: RE: Grammy Awards
Hey there Benny-
You know ahead of time what awards she’s winning — that’s a shocker! By the way, of course I’m going to the party afterwards! I have to do a couple interviews after the show but will certainly go there afterwards. By the way, Madonna is singing “Strung Up” with the Gorillas. They are—get this—dancing with her on stage. I wonder if she is giving them Kaballah water?
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2006 9:30 AM
Cc:
Subject: RE: RE: Grammy Awards
Thanks for everything Roger, see you later tonight. I hope we’ll be celebrating a complete victory!
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2006 4:59 PM
Cc:
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Grammy Awards
Rog:
nice seeing you at burkle’s.
we are upset but not too upset. I mean, who thought a year ago she would even be nominated.
I hope you received my message about an item page 6 of the NYP is running tomorrow – it’s about Mariah sulking herself in a deep depression in her dressing room after the show. Can you please run a retraction in your column tomorrow.
things are already depressing enough for her today-but this item will make her really angry.
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 7:54 AM
Cc:
Subject: Corrected Story in This Morning’s Column
Hey there Benny-
You looked sharp in Armani! I hope you read my column this morning where I made the correction. Tell Mariah I said she was absolutely fabulous and stole the show. Did you notice how Vadge—that’s the name they call her now on the Velvet Rope—left the show early. I don’t know one person who cared about her performance except the f****g ancient Kurt Loder. I saw him backstage but nobody seemed to be talking to him. Perhaps he and Martha Quinn—you remember, the slut dj of the eighties who slept with every man in the world to get her job—should just fall of the face of this earth!
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2006 1:19 PM
Cc:
Subject: RE: Corrected Story in This Morning’s Column
Rog:
thanks for clearing that up in your column.
speaking of the Velvet Rope, it seems like you have become quite a star there. people keep posting items pretending they are you and they keep getting deleted.
it’s quite hilarious really. that site has gone downhill so fast but I read it just for the laughs
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 1:45 PM
Cc:
Subject RE: RE: Corrected Story in This Morning’s Column
Benny-
The lady who runs that site—Julie—is a total c***. You know—I used to post there but the site became a waste of time. They constantly harp on me and other professional journalists because they are just so perfect. One of my friends posts there so he keeps me up to date with what is being said about me. I am going to contact a Fox lawyer sooner or later because the stuff they write about me is full of slander.
Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2006 1:19 PM
Cc:
Subject: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour
Rog:
we are getting ready to announce Mariah’s tour dates. they will probably be announced on may 15 (but mariah wants to do it the day after vadge’s tour kicks off).
anyhow, i’m hoping you can go the opening night in miami – August 5 at the American Arlines Arena and possibly review it in your monday morning’s column. if not, she will be playing aug 23 at the garden – but we expect ticket sales to sell really well and have booked aug 24 as well. Tell me which date or dates you want to attend.
Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2006 2:04 PM
Cc:
Subject: RE: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour
Benny—
I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks. I’ll attend one of the dates for sure. Speaking of concerts, did you check out my review of Madonna at Coachella this morning? I wasn’t there—and wouldn’t go there if you paid me to—but had a lot to say about it, including the fact—well maybe not—that she was booed off stage. Someone from Warner Bros. called me about it this morning and was really pissed. I was laughing my ass off!
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 7:45 AM
Cc:
Subject: RE: RE: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour
Rog:
We are going to announce the dates in a couple hours. is it possible that you can be there for the press conference? Here are the dats-some may not be in the initial announcement
8/5 - Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena
8/7 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum
8/9 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
8/11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
8/13 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
8/15 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
8/17 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Trump Taj Mahal
8/21 - Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
8/23 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
8/25 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
8/27 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
8/29 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
9/1 - Albany, NY @ Pepsi Arena
9/3 - Hershey, PA @ Giant Center
9/5 - Verona, NY @ Turning Stone Event Center
9/7 - Washington, DC @ Verizon Center
9/9 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
9/11 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
9/14 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
9/16 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
9/18 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
9/21 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
9/23 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place
9/25 - Seattle, WA @ KeyArena at Seattle Center
9/27 - Sacramento, CA @ ARCO Arena
9/30 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
10/2 - Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena
10/4 - San Diego, CA @ ipayOne Center at the Sports Arena
10/6 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
10/8 - Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond
10/10 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center
we are going to add more dates when these sell out. by the way, I hear Vadge is getting some pretty nasty reviews for her opening in LA last night.
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 11:41 AM
Cc:
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour
Benny-
I am going to try to make Mariah’s opening in Miami. Even if I can’t, just tell me what’s in the show and I’ll write a review of it the next day. But I’m going to try my best. I will definitely be there for all her MSG dates.
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:45 AM
Cc:
Subject: Vadge Strikes Again
Rog:
I’m sure you heard by now that vadge has been laughing at mariahs ticket sales. I can’t be 100 percent sure but this is what the daily news is reporting. it sounds like something madonna would do. Can u do something about this?
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:15 AM
Cc:
Subject: RE: Vadge Strikes Again
Benny-
I’m going to do a “review” of Madonna’s concert this week at MSG. Madonna’s sheeple refused to give me free tickets last time she toured, so I paid for the tickets myself just so I could trash the show. I think I can get in this time for free though. Be sure to read the details in my column this week.
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:13 PM
Cc:
Subject: Very Serious Matter Here!
Benny-
I didn’t attend the show but did a little negative vibe type thingy in my column this morning. However, I have to be honest with you regarding something I’m very upset about: Somehow, our conversation about my upcoming review got into the media. There was a Chicago radio station—B96 I think—that gossiped how Mariah was upset about her poor ticket sales and hired a gossip columnist to plant in a negative piece about Madonna’s tour. This was last week—before my column even appeared. Dan called me about it this morning and I cooled things down. I’ve received several emails about this as well.
Benny, it is very important that our conversations stay between us. I’m not accusing you of telling anybody or doing anything, but stuff like this can get me in a lot of trouble. You know that I love working with both you and Mariah, but I love my job more than anything.
Because of the suspicion, I cannot do a review of Mariah’s concert dates. I will be more than happy to attend and party with you two, but my discussion of her tour will be very minimal. I hope you understand.
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:41 PM
Cc:
Subject: RE: Very Serious Matter Here!:
We definitely need to talk. I’m going to give you a call in about 15 minuts.
I understand your positon on this but have to stress that I did NOT say anything to anybody. I agree that it would look bad if you do a review but don’t worry. I talked to Helen at MSNBC -she is going to do an article around the time the tour kicks off.
Old 07-18-07, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oops.
Old 07-18-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funny how petty this is. Is Mariah's manager really that threatened over another phenomenally successful artist? I think Roger Friedman should be fired as well
Old 07-18-07, 01:55 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Roger Friedman is far from being a journalist. The other day he was bashing Kelly Clarkson's new album and the lyrics he quoted as being horrible aren't even in the album. He just made them up.

He's just writing whatever his friends in the industry want him to and he should be fired.

Last edited by Howiefan; 07-18-07 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-19-07, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Considering these guys talk about things only 13 year-olds care about, does their level of maturity really surprise anyone?

Last edited by Numanoid; 07-19-07 at 04:51 PM.