Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Imogen Heap - Any fans who can recommend some of her stuff?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-06, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I heard "Hide & Seek" on the radio today on my way to work. It didn't seem to be the normal type of stuff they play, then I realized it was the local station that has a "No Refusal Friday", where they play (almost) anything people call in and request. I was genuinely enraptured by this song, and as soon as I got home from work I downloaded it. It took a couple minutes to find it, because I found I didn't understand the DJ's pronunciation of the artist's name. It sounded like he said "Image & Heat", like it was a group or something...not the name of a person.

Anyway...can anyone recommend any more of her music? I found from looking at her website that she doesn't have a lot of material out there, but I'm interested to hear what others think about her...and again, if there's any other outstanding songs she has recorded.

Last edited by The_Infidel; 10-28-06 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-28-06, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think she's only got two solo albums out. One from back in the late 90's or early 00's, and the other - with "Hide & Seek" - from just last year. She is also in the group Frou Frou, and their album Details (2002) would my favorite out of all of her stuff I have.

As for best songs, imho...

Solo...
"Goodnight And Go"
"Hide & Seek"

...with Frou Frou...
"Let Go"
"Breathe In"

A lot of her tunes have been featured in movies (Garden State) and TV shows, (The O.C.).
Old 10-30-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
I think she's only got two solo albums out. One from back in the late 90's or early 00's, and the other - with "Hide & Seek" - from just last year. She is also in the group Frou Frou, and their album Details (2002) would my favorite out of all of her stuff I have.

As for best songs, imho...

Solo...
"Goodnight And Go"
"Hide & Seek"

...with Frou Frou...
"Let Go"
"Breathe In"

A lot of her tunes have been featured in movies (Garden State) and TV shows, (The O.C.).
LOL. I was wondering why those two singers sounded so familiar.

I really dig her stuff.