Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

PRINCE FANS!!! Great new downloads on the Music Club website

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 03-27-05, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts

Just thought I'd let fellow Prince fans know about something pretty cool on the NPGMC website.

You know that rare Prince CD "One Night Alone" that was available on the website for a short time...not the live box set but the solo piano and voice disc...the one you usually see on eBay for at least $100? Well, it's now available for download on npgmc.com for $9.99 ($7.77 for members).

Also available for download is the entire "Crystal Ball" set (including Kamasutra), the previously mentioned live box set "One Night Alone...Live!", and a few other single tracks.

Check it out!
Old 03-27-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But that would mean having to visit that gawdawful website and paying them money for maybe, at some point in the future, granting me access to these downloads - after I'd fought through the 10,000 layers of shitty customer service personel in "his" servitude.

Nope. No thanks.

I did that with "Emancipation." I did that with "Crystal Ball." I did that, trying to score tix for his victory lap tour of last year.

Nope. Again, I say, no thanks.

The man has driven away all his most hardcore, old-school fans - I would argue, purposely.
Old 03-27-05, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't know what kind of problems you're having, friend, but I logged in, gave them my card info, started the downloads, and within five minutes I had everything. Same with previous downloads and getting my tickets for the show. Never had a problem, and never had to wait for them to "grant me access" at a later time.

As for your assertion that he's driven away all his old-school fans, I think the turnout for the tour speaks for itself. If anything, he gave those fans, plus a generation of new ones, exactly what they wanted.

So there.
Old 03-27-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The turnout for the tour was simple supply-and-demand economics.

This is what happens when he hides for nearly a decade like a space-cadet hermit (being led around by an even more spaced out Larry Graham), doing one-off shows for his most dedicated (and wealthy) "fams" at those Paisley Park love-in conventions and the best he could muster for anyone outside Minneapolis was the occasional hit-and-run show at some venue two sizes too small for his more mainstream audience.

Any act of his stature and long-time influence would sell as many tickets after so lengthy a self-imposed absence.
Old 03-27-05, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Whatever. I was just letting people know about some new downloads. I only responded to you the first time because it sounded like you were having problems with the site. So either get them or don't get them. Beyond that, your opinions about how someone you don't even know conducts his business and career are pretty much just that...your own.

Have a good one.
Old 03-28-05, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Infidel
Whatever. I was just letting people know about some new downloads. I only responded to you the first time because it sounded like you were having problems with the site. So either get them or don't get them. Beyond that, your opinions about how someone you don't even know conducts his business and career are pretty much just that...your own.

Have a good one.

No doubt. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-10-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow.

How the fuck did I miss this thread?

Oh well. Carry on.