Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

More info on New Springsteen Album

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 03-07-05, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

March 7, 2005

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN:

'DEVILS & DUST' (COLUMBIA RECORDS) TO BE RELEASED IN DUALDISC FORMAT ON APRIL 26

Bruce Springsteen's new album, 'Devils & Dust' (Columbia Records) will be released exclusively in DualDisc format on April 26 in the US, with the full album on CD on one side of the disc and DVD content on the other side.

The DVD side will feature the first live performances of 'Devils & Dust' material. Filmmaker/photographer Danny Clinch captured new, acoustic renditions of "Devils & Dust," "Long Time Comin'," "Reno," All I'm Thinkin' About," and "Matamoras Banks," each with Springsteen's extensive, personal introductions. The performances were filmed in New Jersey in February 2005. The DVD side will also contain the entire album mixed in 5.1 channel surround sound and in stereo.

Springsteen closed shows from 'The Rising' tour by showing Clinch's black and white, super 8mm film of the performer singing a country blues version of "Countin' on a Miracle," a track from 'The Rising.' Danny Clinch has directed several music films, including "Ben Harper: Pleasure and Pain," and has authored two books of photography.

Columbia Records will also release a deluxe edition of 'Devils & Dust' with bonus photographs and unique, song specific elements for each of the album's twelve tracks. The deluxe edition of 'Devils & Dust' will also be released in DualDisc format.

DualDisc releases are two-sided discs with a conventional CD side and a DVD side, allowing artists to use audio and video content on a single two-sided disc. For more information on DualDisc technology, please log on to:

http://www.dualdisc.com
Old 03-07-05, 11:37 AM

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
Sounds promising. I really enjoyed The Rising.
Old 03-07-05, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
Yeah, The Rising was great, but this is going to be a solo work. I'll probably buy it anyway.