Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Wannadies 'Before/After' US release

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-04, 01:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Initially released in 2002 as an import from Sweden (in my top ten of that year), the UK edition followed a year later in September of 2003 and now, in 2004 the US has finally received a proper release.

As allmusic notes: The Wannadies are one of Sweden's best kept secrets. Currently based out of London, this power pop band could be compared to sounding like a cross between the Pixies and Imperial Teen. With killer catchy as hell melodies, 'Before/After' as well as their back catalogue of albums feature a band that focuses it's attention on hooking it's listeners with great memorable songs and intensity. Their major exposure in the US was the inclusion of the "You and Me Song" on the multi-successful 'Romeo & Juliet' soundtrack in 1997.

Live - they are ferocious. Having seen them twice at the UK's annual Reading Music Festival, their shows become complete sing alongs and the contagious bouncing in the mosh pits is enough to bounce an elephant to the moon. I hope US label Hidden Agenda can book some live appearences from this band stateside.
Old 02-11-04, 09:57 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I must pick this up, I have the one they had out before that I think, and quite liked them.

reminded me of dubstar and the cardigans
Old 02-13-04, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I have several of their discs. Great stuff.

www.parasol.com has it at a good price.